• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

SRAADHAM BY GIRL CHILDREN

Kindly advise
Deceased parents (father died first,later on mother) have only girl children.
rituals on death and 1st annual sraadham done by brother of deceased father (chithappa of girls).
he is not willing to do annual sraadhams thereafter.
Can girls do sraadham with or without manthram, atleast offer food to 2 brahmins with dakshina

kindly advise

Kindly advise
rituals on death and 1st annual sraadham done by brother of deceased father (chithappa of girls).
Can girls do sraadham with or without manthram, atleast offer food to 2 brahmins with dakshina

kindly advise
Hi

recently i heard that the deceased father is having 3 girl children.....the annual shradham done by first girl child using

using pullu and vadhyar did annual shradham....so better contact vadhyar....he can help you..

In Hindu tradition, Sharadham, also known as Pitru Paksha, is a period dedicated to performing rituals for the ancestors or deceased relatives. Typically, the son (male heir) is considered the primary person responsible for performing these rituals, including the Tarpanam (offering of water) and other ceremonies.

Traditionally, daughters were not considered the primary performers of Sharadham rituals. However, in modern times, cultural practices are evolving, and there are instances where daughters may also participate in performing these rites, especially if there is no male heir or if the son is unavailable.

It's important to note that customs and practices can vary across different regions, communities, and families within the broader Hindu tradition. In some families, daughters may actively participate in Sharadham rituals, while in others, the tradition may still follow the male heir. It is advisable to consult with elders or religious authorities within your specific community to understand the prevailing customs and to ensure that the rituals are conducted with cultural sensitivity and respect for tradition.

In the USA we see that happening all the the time. My temple priest has performed these services.

Kindly advise

kindly advise
Why this doubt?
Do you believe in the Ritual of Shradam? If you do then anyone can do the function. The people who oppose this practice are semi-ignorant. If you are willing to pay the right vadyar he will perform any ritual.
Yes, some in society will object to a woman performing any religious ritual, but that is ignorance. According to Daya Nanda Saraswati of Arya Samaj, women can do any religious rituals.

As told by @tbs you can contact vadhyar who in turn turn the pullu to some one in your case girl /daughter and any brahman can do and even vadhyar can do. Even in this site gury vadhyar often share his wa number you can contact him.

As told by @tbs you can contact vadhyar who in turn turn the pullu to some one in your case girl /daughter and any brahman can do and even vadhyar can do. Even in this site gury vadhyar often share his wa number you can contact him.
Mr. Lotusinsanskrit and Mr. TBS No disrespect to your opinion.
I am disappointed with this type of deception. If you still believe that only son should do the shradham say so And if you believe women should not do any religious duties then say so.
I believe that women were never barred from doing any kriya during the Vedic period. The process of dumbing down women only started in the Middle Ages. I used to hear that women were not even allowed to listen to Gayatri Mantra. That was a sad period. After Arya Samaj opened the Hindu religious practice to all communities including women and in this world of women's equality, we the seniors must accept and support our daughters. I fully support and make sure that we hire priests who are open to doing so. In the temple in my town, this policy is followed. To subterfuge no assigning a male () to do the kriya because of the ignorance of the netizen.
We allow Kanya Danam by a mother(if they want), and similarly, a woman can do the last rites and shradhams.

@prasad1 what you are saying is theory but what I have shared is actually what is going on practically vadhyar taking pullu from daughter. And in this case it is very typical that their chitthappa has done till first year and now they wanted to do what for that only we have given suggestion to contact vadhyar. So it is not debatable subject whether daughter has to do or not. What you have told is also same thing the priest taking pullu from daughter and he will do that. Same thing only we suggested that vadhyar will take pullu from daughter and for this case there is a different thing for first time as the last rites has been done by chitthappa and after first year he has turned down.

hi

arya samaj will not fit for everybody....those who born in delhi/punjab....or in usa /canada may be familiar...

not for common in tamil nadu brahmins....its not practical for conservative brahmins....vathiyar is best option

for normal tamil brahmins...

@prasad1 what you are saying is theory but what I have shared is actually what is going on practically vadhyar taking pullu from daughter. And in this case it is very typical that their chitthappa has done till first year and now they wanted to do what for that only we have given suggestion to contact vadhyar. So it is not debatable subject whether daughter has to do or not. What you have told is also same thing the priest taking pullu from daughter and he will do that. Same thing only we suggested that vadhyar will take pullu from daughter and for this case there is a different thing for first time as the last rites has been done by chitthappa and after first year he has turned down.
I agree with you. I do not live in Tamil Nadu. But change has to come. Let us try it.
I bet money can motivate change.

Kindly advise

kindly advise
Yes you can any more details call me🤙 9845128400

Kindly advise

kindly advise
Yes. You can do it. Consult a well-read open-minded Vaideeka and perform it with full faith. Your Pitrus will bless you abundantly.

Yes you can do it
Yes. You can do it. Consult a well-read open-minded Vaideeka and perform it with full faith. Your Pitrus will bless you abundantly.

Kindly advise

kindly advise

Kindly advise

kindly advise
Yes you can do it

Latest ads

Back