• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

sponsorship for my child's education

Status
Not open for further replies.
sir,

I am A.Subramanian working as a priest at Valampuri Vinayagar Temple,Balaji Nagar,Virugambakkam,Chennai - 600092,Tamil Nadu, India earning Rs.2500/month as salary.
I have two daughters namely Abinaya and Akshaya.

S.Abinaya
D.O.B - 22.07.2001 (Age:6yrs)
Recently got admitted in Std 1 in
Devi Academy School
Alappakkam Main Road,
Valasaravakkam,
Chennai - 600087
Ph No of the school:044-24865665
on payment of school fees Rs.8250 on getting loan.

I require financial help for my daughter's studies.

My mobile no:+919444041099

For verification I give the following names:
1) K.N.Mahalingam - 044-23765278
2) Gopalswamy - 044-23770003

Thanking You,

Yours Sincerly,

A.Subramanian

Friends

Today Shri.Ranganathan and I spoke to Shri.A.Subramanian and got more details. This request for Rs.8250/- is towards joining fees, building fees and the first term fees (July-Sep '07). After that, he would need approximately, Rs.1200/- every quarter for his child's school fees. He has taken a loan of Rs.8250/- from Shri.Mahalingam and has paid the school. We have requested Shri.A.Subramanian to modify his request with all details.

We also spoke to Shri.Mahalingam who is a trustee of the temple where Shri.Subramanian is working as a priest. Shri.Mahalingam was kind enough to verify all the facts and also confirmed the loan part.

Shri.Ranganathan will be talking to Shri. Gopalswamy to further verify the request.

Pending his confirmation, I have agreed to send a DD to Shri.Mahalingam for Rs.8250/- for this quarter. I or Shri.Ranganathan will post further updates.

BTW, there is something I always wanted to tell and have not done yet. I am always amazed by Shri.Ranganathan's enthusiasm and readiness to help our efforts. My humble pranams Ranganathan Sir. We are indeed blessed to have your guidance and help.

Thanks
Ramki

sir,

I am A.Subramanian working as a priest at Valampuri Vinayagar Temple,Balaji Nagar,Virugambakkam,Chennai - 600092,Tamil Nadu, India earning Rs.2500/month as salary.
I have two daughters namely Abinaya and Akshaya.

S.Abinaya
D.O.B - 22.07.2001 (Age:6yrs)
Recently got admitted in Std 1 in
Devi Academy School
Alappakkam Main Road,
Valasaravakkam,
Chennai - 600087
Ph No of the school:044-24865665
on payment of school fees Rs.8250 on getting loan.

I require financial help for my daughter's studies.

My mobile no:+919444041099

For verification I give the following names:
1) K.N.Mahalingam - 044-23765278
2) Gopalswamy - 044-23770003

Thanking You,

Yours Sincerly,

A.Subramanian

Last edited:
Dear Ramki:
Thank you ever so much for your kind words; I am embarrassed and I know I dont deserve it. In fact, it is people like you who are behind all these wonderful things that we are doing for our community. What is very gratifying is that we all are coming together as a community.
Ramki, people perhaps dont know what you have been doing silently behind scenes; the credit should actually go to you.

Last edited:
Shri.Ramki and Shri.Ranganathan

Thank you very much for your efforts in offering a helping hand to Shri.Subramanian for his daughter's studies.I am very grateful to you for this help.

I am furnishing the details of the school fees to be paid:

2nd Term-Before 10th September 2007 - Rs1200

3rd Term-Before 10th December 2007 - Rs2450

4th Term-Before 10th March 2008 - Rs1200

The amount may be sent directly to Devi Academy School.

Thank you,
Shri.K.N.Mahalingam
64,Balaji Nagar,
Virugambakkam,
Chennai-600092

Shri.K.N.Mahalingam
64,Balaji Nagar,
Virugambakkam,
Chennai-600092

Dear Shri Mahalingam / Shri Subramanian,

I am keen to make a small contribution. Few questions

a) Can i write out a cheque to either you or Shri Subramanian

b) If i have to courier it, can i do so at the address you have given above ? Is this the complete address ?

Dear Shri.Hariharan

Thanks for your offer. I hope every member in the forum emulates your example and comes forward to help our fellow community members. For this term's fees I will send a DD to Shri.Mahalingam as my contribution. I hope that our trust will be formed before the next term and we can all pitch in. I hope you dont take it wrong. We need all your help. But for this request I would request you to wait till the trust is formed.

Thanks
Ramki

Can I, pl

Dear Sirs,
Can I contribute a few sets of uniform for the child? My father used to do that every year for 2 children until they reached high school. I am not trying to publicize what was done...i just want to follow him...maybe thought this as a lead. Kindly let me know. Thanks.

Hi Folks,

Let me know where , how and when I can send the money.

regards
kashyap

Ps: BTW should the trust be registered in TN or outside TN . Considering the hatemongers and hooligans in TN , I am not sure if it is ok to have it in TN.

Last edited:
Dear Karthisri,

Thanks for your offer. I am mighty pleased to see more and more members pitching in to help the community.

Reg your offer, I do not know whether Mr.Subramanian's child needs a uniform for her school or not. Even if she needs the uniforms, it might be easier to donate money towards that expense rather than getting it stitched all by yourself. IMHO, I would suggest waiting for some more time. It is MArch anyway and we have 3 months before schools start. By that time, by God's grace, the trust should be up and running and hopefully we can channel the help throught the trust.

Thanks
Ramki

Dear Sirs,
Can I contribute a few sets of uniform for the child? My father used to do that every year for 2 children until they reached high school. I am not trying to publicize what was done...i just want to follow him...maybe thought this as a lead. Kindly let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Dear Sirs,
Talking about creating a Trust, I dont know if the following has been put forth already, if not it would be worth pondering over. We should have some set-up like the Rajasthani Youth Association which lends academic books to the poor for the whole year (i think they collect a token charge for it). It would be really helpful for poor brahmin students who are doing their higher studies. Most of us could contribute by donating our books to start with.

Thanks
Karthik

Dear Karthik:
A very good idea. We will keep this in mind. The real problem is identifying those poor brahmin students. Maybe members can help.

Money for Shri Subramanian's children

Dear Ramki:

I think GPS (in automobiles we use in the USA) will go haywire trying to find a place in Chennai! I tried to go see Mr. Mahalingam to hand over your DD; I gave up! come to find out, I was told there were three Balaji Nagars!!
Anyway, I have couriered the DD to Mr.M and he was kind enough to call me to thank me for the DD.
I am still planning to go there this weekend to meet up with the Archakar.
Ramki, as always, you are great! And, thank you for all the good work you are doing.
I hope to get this Trust setup going so that we could collect money and distribute it in an organized way.

Dear Shri.Hariharan

Thanks for your offer. I hope every member in the forum emulates your example and comes forward to help our fellow community members. For this term's fees I will send a DD to Shri.Mahalingam as my contribution. I hope that our trust will be formed before the next term and we can all pitch in. I hope you dont take it wrong. We need all your help. But for this request I would request you to wait till the trust is formed.

Thanks
Ramki

Dear Silverfox

Thanks for all your help.

I do not think Chennai or for that matter any other place in India can be realistically mapped for GPS. Many a time, a lot of communities (the so called "Thidir Nagars") come up on Government land and later they are regularized. Also these Nagars get renamed so often. For example the place I lived in Tirunelveli had 5 differetn names in a span of 20 years. But somehow the postal people do a good job of keeping track of those changes and still deleivering mails with old addresses :)

Rgds
Ramki

Dear Ramki:

I think GPS (in automobiles we use in the USA) will go haywire trying to find a place in Chennai! I tried to go see Mr. Mahalingam to hand over your DD; I gave up! come to find out, I was told there were three Balaji Nagars!!
Anyway, I have couriered the DD to Mr.M and he was kind enough to call me to thank me for the DD.
I am still planning to go there this weekend to meet up with the Archakar.
Ramki, as always, you are great! And, thank you for all the good work you are doing.
I hope to get this Trust setup going so that we could collect money and distribute it in an organized way.

It is very nice to see a lot of good work being done by devoted members. For those of us who don't reside in TN(or India for that matter), what is the best way we can help? Is the trust mentioned in different threads going to get set up any time soon?

Also out of respect for the privacy of those whose details have been posted in these threads, I would like to request forum administrators to consider blanking out personal details once the relevant transactions are completed.

Kaivalyam and Sriniranga:
Thank you, guys, for your support. If you are in India, please do send an email to Praveen; he is the founder of this forum and deserves all our praises and thanks.
His email: [email protected]. He will give you his home address and bank account number, if electronic transfer is desired.
You understand, for obvious reasons, I cannot provide his or Ramki's address in the public forum. By the way, Ramki is in the USA. Praveen is in Chennai.
Kaivalyam:
Your suggestion is well taken; will do.

Shri Silverfox, its been a long time since I logged in. Thank you for the information you've provided. I'll contact the admin shortly.

Thank you!, Kaivalyam!

Dear members:

I want to proudly announce a big donation by Kaivalyam. He not only has a big heart but his compassion and caring for our community is beyond words.

I certainly hope we all can emulate his exemplary example.

Thank you, Kaivalyam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back