• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shrarddham - doubts

radhika212

Namaskarams.
Few years back my husband passed away and we are performing shrarddham regularly. Due to some inconveniences, for the past 2 years, we are doing it in a center, where they do it in a package.
I found the them there drawing kolams at the entrance and lighting deepam near a thulasi maadam there... When I asked about it, they said that this will not affect your pitrus...
Is it correct? I am very much worried of it.

Namaskarams.
Few years back my husband passed away and we are performing shrarddham regularly. Due to some inconveniences, for the past 2 years, we are doing it in a center, where they do it in a package.
I found the them there drawing kolams at the entrance and lighting deepam near a thulasi maadam there... When I asked about it, they said that this will not affect your pitrus...
Is it correct? I am very much worried of it.
Understand your concern... In Iyers customs on shradha day, pithru puja is done first and kolam is drawn only after the shradha. I heard only Palghat Iyers light deepam before shraddha, whereas in TN, deepam, kolam and neivedhyam for nithya pooja is done only after shraddha.

My advice is if you have perform shraddha better do at home with simple samayal etc and if you had to do outside, chose a place where they understand your custom and respect them. Its my opinion.

Understand your concern... In Iyers customs on shradha day, pithru puja is done first and kolam is drawn only after the shradha. I heard only Palghat Iyers light deepam before shraddha, whereas in TN, deepam, kolam and neivedhyam for nithya pooja is done only after shraddha.

My advice is if you have perform shraddha better do at home with simple samayal etc and if you had to do outside, chose a place where they understand your custom and respect them. Its my opinion.
Thank you 🙏

Latest ads

Back