• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shradham question

Andaal

My husband, son and I live in California. My Father in Law passed away last year in India. Due to Covid restrictions, we were unable to come to India but participated through zoom as my brother in law, who is the eldest son lives in India. This year also we were unable to visit India for the first year ceremony. At that time, we had prepared to perform the sharadham ceremony but were told that we should not to do a separate ceremony but participate with my brother in law.

My question is about the logistics around this. Hope someone can clarify. 1. It is usually 8.30 or 9 pm in California by the time the ceremonies begin in Bangalore. Do we then not perform nithya pooja that entire day? 2. How do we manage food restrictions as we cannot fast the entire day due to health issues 3. The thithi is usually different and does that have to be taken in account. 4. Given all these, can my husband begin to do sharadham seperately from the next year.

Thank you very much!

Andal

Madam, If all brothers live together, ( when cooking is done in a common Kitchen for everybody) then Elder will perform and others will be with him. You are in America and Your Brother in Law is in India. Your Husband can perform separately, provided you have all the requirements there.
I am in Madurai and my younger brother is in Chennai. On 5th, I will do at Madurai and my brother will do it at Chennai, for our Father.
Suppose you have no facilities to perform Srartham, the best practical thing is for your Husband doing Tharpanam.
Again do not confuse with timing at India and California.

With best wishes.

R.Ramaswami

My husband, son and I live in California. My Father in Law passed away last year in India. Due to Covid restrictions, we were unable to come to India but participated through zoom as my brother in law, who is the eldest son lives in India. This year also we were unable to visit India for the first year ceremony. At that time, we had prepared to perform the sharadham ceremony but were told that we should not to do a separate ceremony but participate with my brother in law.

My question is about the logistics around this. Hope someone can clarify. 1. It is usually 8.30 or 9 pm in California by the time the ceremonies begin in Bangalore. Do we then not perform nithya pooja that entire day? 2. How do we manage food restrictions as we cannot fast the entire day due to health issues 3. The thithi is usually different and does that have to be taken in account. 4. Given all these, can my husband begin to do sharadham seperately from the next year.

Thank you very much!

Andal
The time you said is in America it is previous day and hence the ceremonies at Bangalore will be next day thithi. So may not much to worry. Any how for varushabdhikam there were previous days ceremonies too.

It is better not to perform daily puja at home for all the days till subasreeharanam over at India. For intake it is better to follow sathvic food there without calculating the time and all. Hope seperate srardham may be performed only after attending atleast one srardham with elder son. As per my knowledge doing separately by younger brothers by separating 'neruppu' from elder brother.

Latest ads

Back