• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

second marriage rituals

Hi all,

I need some advice on what essential wedding rituals and ceremonies can be performed for a second iyer marriage. Boy and girl are both divorced.

Are vadhyars generally reluctant to perform this type of wedding? We reached out to one vadhyar and he was uncomfortable because he was unaware of how this situation is dealt in the the scriptures.

I have attended two weddings in our extended family.

1. Divorced man to an unmarried woman.

2. Divorced woman to an unmarried man.

First wedding was conducted with usual rituals since girl is Kanya.

Second wedding was very simple. No Kasi yāthrā, oonjal.

Only essential mantrās for tying the knot and of course 'Saptapadi', the seven steps.

Mrs. Raji Ram

Hi all,

I need some advice on what essential wedding rituals and ceremonies can be performed for a second iyer marriage. Boy and girl are both divorced.

Are vadhyars generally reluctant to perform this type of wedding? We reached out to one vadhyar and he was uncomfortable because he was unaware of how this situation is dealt in the the scriptures.

Such a situation arose in one family known to me. Vadhyar was of the opinion that the father of he girl has no right to change the gotram of the girl or perform her kanya daanam as he has already exercised it once. So the advise was to go for a court marriage or one at Aaryasamaj. they did both!

Latest ads

Back