• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Scourge of Plagiarism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once upon a time in this forum, the issue of plagiarism was taken seriously. In fact there were a set of rules established to prevent people indulging in plagiarism in this website. Below is a snapshot of the "guidance" posted by the owner of this forum.

1661710278069.png

Now consider the original post in this thread.

Refer to this article that appeared in a newspaper.

Any reasonable person would conclude that the act by the original poster of that thread was indeed an act of plagiarism. Note: As it stands, no reference was given to the newspaper article nor appropriate credit is given. The post is verbatim copied!

This was pointed out in the relevant thread itself. But that post was unceremoniously removed citing some inappropriate language. The post that plagiarizes the article from the newspaper stands. I am reminded of the proverbial act of blind men leading other blind men. Congrats!

Once upon a time in this forum, the issue of plagiarism was taken seriously. In fact there were a set of rules established to prevent people indulging in plagiarism in this website. Below is a snapshot of the "guidance" posted by the owner of this forum.

View attachment 17639

Any reasonable person would conclude that the act by the original poster of that thread was indeed an act of plagiarism. Note: As it stands, no reference was given to the newspaper article nor appropriate credit is given. The post is verbatim copied!

This was pointed out in the relevant thread itself. But that post was unceremoniously removed citing some inappropriate language. The post that plagiarizes the article from the newspaper stands. I am reminded of the proverbial act of blind men leading other blind men. Congrats!
Dear Mr KB
I missed seeing what you wrote. I rarely bother to read this posters posts
I think my post was a bit dismissive and reactive. I will be more careful

With that said, one usually plagiarizes, which is a fraud behavior of something useful or logical.

View attachment 17639

Dear Mr KB
I missed seeing what you wrote. I rarely bother to read this posters posts
I think my post was a bit dismissive and reactive. I will be more careful

With that said, one usually plagiarizes, which is a fraud behavior, of something useful or logical. But plagiarizing this kind of post is beyond belief and laughable if we ignore the fraud aspects for a moment.

Nowhere in Valmiki Ramayana , the source of all Ramayana that says Dasaratha had no sperms. The post is not worth analyzing to show the utter silliness. Even talking about bastards etc, that is a term for a baby out of wedlock but Hindu Dharma defines many kinds of weddings including Gandharva vivaha.

The problem with the society is that there are some elements that like to psycho analyze some characters from epics and portray some vulgar aspects to put down the religion of Hinduism. Given the kind of responses from other religions such characters will not dare try such stunts.

Then such posts attract like minded 'copy-pasters' who think it is their duty to propagate them.

My comments do not in anyway diminish the fraud aspects of not citing references.

Let us leave forum owner alone. He is too busy to read every posts and only acts when someone complains.

Today the General Section lacks the kind of vigor and interest it once used to have and it reflects the quality of the posters. There are still a few who have interesting thing to say. I try to focus on those posts

Usually you write well thought out and well referenced posts

View attachment 17639

AS mentioned several times before, if you have an issue with someone or something, best is to bring to my notice either via email or PM or by using the report post feature.

Posting publicly like this is not the right way and is something that I do not expect from senior members like you.

You have an issue, raise it up in the right place and in the right way.

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back