• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Science's solution to the most fundamental problem- a contradiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Shri Sravna,

The first thing that needs to be made clear is what type of a God are you advocating? If you can spell out your idea on this clearly, half the problem will be solved.

Dear Shri Sangom,

I believe in both the nirguna brahman and the saguna brahman types of God that advaita talks about.

Hi Sravna, I am actually amazed at the threads you start about the connection of science and logic with faith, the perceived real and the perceived unreal, spiritual healing, energy, postulates about time and space etc. so much so that whenever I see a new thread started by you, I can almost visualize the content you would be typing there ! :)

Hi Sravna, I am actually amazed at the threads you start about the connection of science and logic with faith, the perceived real and the perceived unreal, spiritual healing, energy, postulates about time and space etc. so much so that whenever I see a new thread started by you, I can almost visualize the content you would be typing there ! :)
Of late all his posting are similar. I miss the Advaitan Sravna.

I highlighted the word since the sentence in post #27 is meaningless to me! Perhaps it may make sense to others.
It might as well be " I believe in both dassddadad and eweweqweqeq types of xxx that uyuyuyu talks about"

Last edited:
Dear Shri Auh, Shri Prasad , Shri TKS

I am actually so fascinated by the thinking of our ancient people, I try to make sense of what I could and in turn share it with others. It is my limitation that I could not make novel presentations as much as people want me to or write in a way that could make as much sense to them as it does to me. I try my best not put down the opinions of the other members. If someone feels they could benefit by it, I would be delighted but one can always ignore it, right?

I am actually so fascinated by the thinking of our ancient people, I try to make sense of what I could and in turn share it with others. It is my limitation that I could not make novel presentations as much as people want me to or write in a way that could make as much sense to them as it does to me. I try my best not put down the opinions of the other members. If someone feels they could benefit by it, I would be delighted but one can always ignore it, right?

Absolutely!!!!

No question indeed that you are fascinated.

All fields require eligibility to be earned before attempting to share and teach others.

You can only make sense of Science and other topics that come under umbrella of knowledge by spending time learning first.

In my view after reading some of your posts, the issue is not one of communication. It is one of substance.

If all you want to do is to express whatever you invent in your mind that is fine - the only reason you get comments is that you use well established words to express something that happened in your mind and that comes across as an expression of disrespect to the field of knowledge.

In a forum anyone can say anything about any topic provided they are within the rules of a forum.

So I wish you great time posting whatever you want to post..

I agree with #33.

But Sravna, why do you have to feel that someone is putting your down? Just as you are fascinated by the thoughts of the ancients and sharing your thoughts on what you feel it ought to be, I am, sometimes, similarly fascinated, by your fascination and pen my thoughts on what your thoughts appear to convey. Is there a problem?

Dear Shri TKS,

I appreciate your honest reply. I understand that I am not showing the respect to Science that you think it deserves. The reason I am writing this way is not only because I think the philosoiphy of science is flawed but more importantly because many have developed a faith in it. I think faith in something superficial is detrimental to the society in the long run. I will continue to express my views. If one objects one can do with reasons. If you cannot you are of course allowed to criticize without reason

Last edited:
I agree with #33.

But Sravna, why do you have to feel that someone is putting your down? Just as you are fascinated by the thoughts of the ancients and sharing your thoughts on what you feel it ought to be, I am, sometimes, similarly fascinated, by your fascination and pen my thoughts on what your thoughts appear to convey. Is there a problem?

Shri auh,

Once you are fascinated, no questions be asked. You are entranced. That may be Sravna's view.

Dear Shri TKS,

I appreciate your honest reply. I understand that I am not showing the respect to Science that you think it deserves. The reason I am writing this way is not only because I think the philosoiphy of science is flawed but more importantly because many have developed a faith in it. I think faith in something superficial is detrimental to the society in the long run. I will continue to express my views. If one objects one can do with reasons. If you cannot you are of course allowed to criticize without reason

Dear Sri Sravana

Science is a field of knowledge and some of the teachings of our scriptures also come under the domain of knowledge.
Within the knowledge continuum I have not come across any contradictions that I was not able to resolve as of now (without resorting to any belief system).

People in science like all human beings may follow a theory with religious intensity (meaning without reason). But science itself is based on facts.

Philosophy of Science (I do not know what this stands for in your mind) like all other philosophies are points of views and a method of analysis. So what ? What is the issue?

Let people have their diversity of opinions.

My comment about learning is not just about science but also teaching embodied in scriptures such as Upanishads and B.Gita. I hope you find a qualified teacher for the later if you are truly serious.

My one word of suggestion for what it is worth is this. I would not be impressed by those that keep citing various verses and Mantras with precision while not understanding the key essence of anything.

I am sure you understand the type of people I am talking about who may even undertake the role of teaching. That is exemplified by this story.

விடிய விடிய ராமாயணம் கேட்டவனிடம், சீதைக்கு ராமன் யார்?' என கேள்வி கேட்டார் உபன்யாசகர். சித்தப்பா என்றாராம் சொற்பொழிவைக் கேட்டவர்.

All the best in your quest to learn ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back