• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Save Our Culture

sridharb

Namaskaram, I am not against any caste or religion..We as Tamil Brahmin must understand one thing very clear that even though Western culture is taking over the nation, the Veda's, Mantras, our culture, tradition must not be forgotten, please educate your children's that we must respect and follow the rules which our ancestors taught us to follow. Now a days this is getting vanished year by year..Parents of those who are giving so much freedom to Girl child in younger stage and without any boundaries they are getting out of control. I sometimes feel very sad that once they are well educated and get good salary the ego gets too much and the demands are very high during a search for marriage proposal or mostly the girl gets married to different religion and gets converted which is high now a days, its very sad to see this for me, you can see many young brahmin boys are loosing age to find a bride now a days. Mostly the girls side they want boy to be settled abroad or should be staying alone and must have own house etc... I understand, but please understand, in our culture we are appreciated that we stay with our parents. We need to bring the community together and stick to each others help which I will be always there. Please Respect your parents and you can love within our community as well.. not sure whats the problm ? thanks!!

renuka

dear sir,

whichever community one comes from, I don't think the problem is caused becos a girl child is given too much freedom and become demanding.

This mindset of blaming females for everything does not work anymore.

Thank God no one blamed a female for Covid-19.

BTW culture is not something that needs to be "saved".
Culture is what "saves" a human.

A culture that saves is a culture that evolves and gets orientated to time,place and person while retaining core values.

Some people are perpetually stuck in time.
The want to be in the past yet enjoy the material comforts of the present and hallucinate for the future.

If one wants a female to "behave", then men too should "behave"

It's always females that are blamed.
Aren't males too having desires that are a way to impractical at times?
Most males seem to be "pampered" that they expect the modern day women to handle a home like a traditional women yet shoulder all responsibility of the modern world.

It would be too stressful. A woman cant be living in the past and present at the same time.
That isnt culture.
Culture is adapting to live in the present.

Hindu philosophy is all about being Mindfully in the Present and not wanting us to be stuck in the vortex of the past.

By living in the past, all one does is a lament in the present.

You wrote this post on May 18th, during the lockdown.

Just imagine, what is the most important culture now?

1)Adherence to healthy lifestyle
2)Adherence to social distancing and sanitation
3)Adherence to principles of charity for humans and animals
4)Adherence to a greener environment and planting more plants/vegetables.
5)Adherence to non divisive politics that would unite the nation in time of need and not play the blame game.
6)Adherence to respect of human lives/values and to address issues that need attention in a nation.
and etc

Culture isnt just about Suprabhatam or Kolam or Idli dosa or a female being egoistic etc.

Culture is being Mindful in the Present.

athimber

Namaskaram, I am not against any caste or religion..We as Tamil Brahmin must understand one thing very clear that even though Western culture is taking over the nation, the Veda's, Mantras, our culture, tradition must not be forgotten, please educate your children's that we must respect and follow the rules which our ancestors taught us to follow. Now a days this is getting vanished year by year..Parents of those who are giving so much freedom to Girl child in younger stage and without any boundaries they are getting out of control. I sometimes feel very sad that once they are well educated and get good salary the ego gets too much and the demands are very high during a search for marriage proposal or mostly the girl gets married to different religion and gets converted which is high now a days, its very sad to see this for me, you can see many young brahmin boys are loosing age to find a bride now a days. Mostly the girls side they want boy to be settled abroad or should be staying alone and must have own house etc... I understand, but please understand, in our culture we are appreciated that we stay with our parents. We need to bring the community together and stick to each others help which I will be always there. Please Respect your parents and you can love within our community as well.. not sure whats the problm ? thanks!!
Sir,
Don't know what exactly prompted you to make this post. But please try to understand that nothing is permanent in this universe. Change is a universal phenomenon and bound to affect anything and everything. The so called Brahmanical culture is also no different and could not escape either. Present day needs are different. Simply doing certain set of prayers or following certain rituals alone could not help you win bread. You need to learn to swim with the tide. That's what our children are doing exactly! Again I can vouch our children are most caring and take good care of their parents. A few exceptions are every where. Lets have some kind of community arrangements for those few unfortunate souls by coming together to make later half of their life as comfortable as possible. And that is some kind of a culture, you would agree, & is need of the hour too.

prasad1

dear sir,

BTW culture is not something that needs to be "saved".
Culture is what "saves" a human.

A culture that saves is a culture that evolves and gets orientated to time,place and person while retaining core values.
Culture is being Mindful in the Present.
Wonderful post.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media