• If you are using hotmail, outlook, live or rediffmail email and is trying to register or have registered with the website, please read this post.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Same Gothram Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
saha Ghotram

Hi Siva,

Te genetic effect of same Ghotram must have got somewhat diluted in thousands of years. You have nothing to fear. I married one with same ghotram and star and my two boys are healthy and doing very well.
Call me for the wedding.

pbkhema

I am a recent member.But I am a 67 year old retired professsional and I have spent some yime reading on these topics.
Originally sva gotra marriages were prohibited to prevent in breeding.That was ages ago.Later several customary marriages between close relations were allowed like one marrying one maternal uncles daughter etc.Originally even these were prohibited.In the early year of the 20th Century an All India legislation was passed validating Sva-Gotra marraiges

prakasham

Gothram is prevalent in our Sengunthar community also. The persons from same Gothram are considered as brother sister relationship and strictly same Gothram marriage is banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.