• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sagotram wedding- intention to have a full Tamil Brahmin wedding ceremony.

rkrpv

Virtual namaskarams to all the periyavaa in this forum. I have been a relationship with this Telugu Brahmin boy and we have been together for 10 years now. We have told our parents that we are interested in getting married recently.

I want to start out by saying that I definitely intend to marry this guy. At the same time I happen to be a Tamil Brahmin of Koushika Gotram, which is the same Gotham as my partner. This is a problem to get married according to Brahmin traditions and vaideeham. I have heard of what my options are from our family sastrikal and they have told us that either we get married in a simple Temple wedding, or my parents will have to give me up in daatu ceremony so that somebody else can do the kanniyadanam.

It is very important that my parents are the one to do the kanniyadanam. I am not able to picture it happening another way and it is very important for me to honor my parents as I am their only daughter and I think they should get to do kanniyadanam in their lifetime. While I do not intend to break up with my partner of 10 years over this issue, I want to make sure that 20 years down the line when I'm older, I am satisfied that my parents got their due respect from their only daughter and I also have my tradition honored by having a Tamil Brahmin wedding. Temple wedding is always an option but I don’t know why I shouldn’t try everything possible so I can marry this boy without sacrificing my parents role or the traditional marriage ceremonies of my culture.

I know I’m trying to ‘have it all’ but the way I look at it, if not for the sagotram issue, every bride and groom do ‘have it all’ as in, have everything goes on normally in the wedding without making heartbreaking sacrifices. So my question is, is there a workaround apart from the daatu ceremony that someone can advice me about? Is there any information that I could know beyond the two options our family sastrikal gave us? Any advice is very welcome. Thank you.

Virtual namaskarams to all the periyavaa in this forum. I have been a relationship with this Telugu Brahmin boy and we have been together for 10 years now. We have told our parents that we are interested in getting married recently.

I want to start out by saying that I definitely intend to marry this guy. At the same time I happen to be a Tamil Brahmin of Koushika Gotram, which is the same Gotham as my partner. This is a problem to get married according to Brahmin traditions and vaideeham. I have heard of what my options are from our family sastrikal and they have told us that either we get married in a simple Temple wedding, or my parents will have to give me up in daatu ceremony so that somebody else can do the kanniyadanam.

It is very important that my parents are the one to do the kanniyadanam. I am not able to picture it happening another way and it is very important for me to honor my parents as I am their only daughter and I think they should get to do kanniyadanam in their lifetime. While I do not intend to break up with my partner of 10 years over this issue, I want to make sure that 20 years down the line when I'm older, I am satisfied that my parents got their due respect from their only daughter and I also have my tradition honored by having a Tamil Brahmin wedding. Temple wedding is always an option but I don’t know why I shouldn’t try everything possible so I can marry this boy without sacrificing my parents role or the traditional marriage ceremonies of my culture.

I know I’m trying to ‘have it all’ but the way I look at it, if not for the sagotram issue, every bride and groom do ‘have it all’ as in, have everything goes on normally in the wedding without making heartbreaking sacrifices. So my question is, is there a workaround apart from the daatu ceremony that someone can advice me about? Is there any information that I could know beyond the two options our family sastrikal gave us? Any advice is very welcome. Thank you.
First of all where are you from??
Call me🤙 9845128400

hi

may be possible your fieancee can do different gothram by doing adoption to another parent.....

in my family circle....same gothra marriage happened many years ago against their parents willings....

she is only daughter of tamil brahmin family....its hard to satisfy everybody in our life.....some sacrifices

to get some acievements...

Latest ads

Back