• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sabyasachi trolled for viral mangalsutra campaign. Is it a lingerie ad, asks Internet

prasad1

designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee was brutally trolled on social media after pictures of his new jewellery ad campaign went viral on Wednesday. His new collection is titled ‘Intimate Fine Jewellery’.

The official Instagram page of Sabyasachi released a series of pictures featuring models flaunting the brand’s newly launched mangalsutras.

The promotional advertisement features heterosexual and same-sex couples posing for pictures wearing The Royal Bengal Mangalsutra, which is a part of the designer’s intimate jewellery collection. These photos also feature models dressed in intimate apparel wearing a mangalsutra.

Now, the ad campaign has not gone down well with a section of the internet that have deemed the advertisement as ‘obscene’. Several users took to social media to address their dissatisfaction and claimed that the advertisement is an attack on Hindu culture and hurts religious sentiments.

“What are you exactly advertising? No one will wear this jewellery now coz you have shown the world the if I wear that jewellery I must be some cheapo! please take care of your campaigns (sic),” a user wrote on Instagram comments section. “My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined (sic),” another user commented. “Jewellery is one of the beautiful piece of art .. could have advertised in better way (sic),” another comment read.

Some users also called out the designer for demeaning something as scared a the mangalsutra, which is a piece of jewellery worn by Indian women around their necks after their wedding. “Really sabyasachi?? What's wrong with u these days, Who sell Mangalsutra like this. If u have guts sell burkha, tabij in this manners?? Stop Hindu discremation #Sabyasachi (sic),” a user tweeted.

The actual photo may not be appropriate to post.

Latest ads

Back