• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rosa Parks - A legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectable members, greetings.

While I was driving back from work, I was thinking about the distance I travel to work (about 45 Kms. one way); just for the sake of wondering, I contemplated walking to and from work....It reminded me of the movie "A long Walk to Home"....which in turn reminded me of the 'bus boycott'.....and Rosa Parks.

பீலிபெய் சாகாடும் அச்சிறும் அப்பண்டம்
சாலமிகுத்துப் பெயின்.

In the history of civil rights movements for the American blacks, Rosa Parks was the 'பீலிபெய்' (peacock feather). Blacks were illtreated quite badly. Something had to give.....It was Rosa Parks who said 'Enough was enough' in 1955 at Montgomery, Alabama. The peacock feather by the name 'Rosa Parks' tested the axle.....and broke it!

Events that led to the axle breaking - Rosa Parks: How I Fought for Civil Rights | Scholastic.com

About Rosa Parks- Rosa Parks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After dinner, my curiosity got better of me and I found a movie (did I hear a groan..oh! no!..???...may be not!). While I was watching it, I thought about sharing it in the forum.

YouTube - The Rosa Parks Story: PART 1

(Kindly find parts 2 - 9 from the right side menu, please).

Cheers!

Dear R mama,

Thank you for posting the movie. Not gonna hear any groans from me. I for one am quite grateful for all the movies posted by you. Being ill during this festive times when everyone esle is having the the time of their lives, these movies are such a consolation for me.

Dear R mama,

Thank you for posting the movie. Not gonna hear any groans from me. I for one am quite grateful for all the movies posted by you. Being ill during this festive times when everyone esle is having the the time of their lives, these movies are such a consolation for me.

Sow.Amala,

Greetings. You made my day! Thank you! Get well soon. Eat lot of boiled garlic. Drink as much water as possible.....(Winter usually gets one dehydrated, very quickly ..dehydration leads to infection, fever, body pain.....drink lot of water; if u like juices, drink sugar free juices ...natural sugars are sweet enough... get out of the house..most old buildings are sick....in winter all the windows are closed, heaters are going at full blast; air gets polluted, loses moisture.....bad news for lungs....get out and take a deep breath.. you will feel the difference...eat well....get well soon).

This is just for you... YouTube - Rajnikanth in Malayala Karaioram - Rajadhi Raja

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back