• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Request for rs 10000 loan to be paid to Sri kanchi Sankara mutt for upanayanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reapected sir,
On 22nd January 2020 I visited Sri Sankara Mutt Kancheepuram to get my son name registered for free upanayanam which is to be held on 26 Feb 2020.
But the staff demanded rs.10000 as donation for upanayanam. so
I need a sum of rs.10000 for my son upanayanam which is to be paid as donation to Sri Sankara Mutt Kancheepuram.
The said amount can be directly paid to them. My son name Kanna B.
Every month I will repay Rs.1000 for 12 month and clear loan.
Please very urgent. If i dont pay before 1st Feb they will remove my son name from register.
With due respect
Balan R

Respected All members,
Thanks a lot.
My family well wisher has given the money rs.10000 for my son's upanayanam.
He is my son's God father.
Thanks to Almighty God, my parents, well wisher and members of the tamil brahmin forum.
Thanks a lot

Balan R

renuka

Dear Sir,

I know my answer wont really help you but the fact is the Upanayanam is supposed to be a free one yet one is forced to pay donation that too a sum of Rs 10,000.

Is it not possible for you to do the upanayanam elsewhere? After all the upanayanam isnt free at all!
When everyone is lamenting that culture and tradition is on the decline ..I am surprised to note that Rs 10,000 is needed as a donation.

Rs 10,000 isnt a small amount too...why they say its free when its not free?
Isnt that untruth by the staff there?
Donations should not be forced upon anyone.

vembuv

Dear Sir,

I know my answer wont really help you but the fact is the Upanayanam is supposed to be a free one yet one is forced to pay donation that too a sum of Rs 10,000.

Is it not possible for you to do the upanayanam elsewhere? After all the upanayanam isnt free at all!
When everyone is lamenting that culture and tradition is on the decline ..I am surprised to note that Rs 10,000 is needed as a donation.

Madam,

There are umpteen number of sources to conduct free Upanayanam.

Thambraas (Thamizhnadu Brahmins Association) are doing it freely every year. The local group of the Association organise such events annually.

Mutts are prone to charge.

When one of my friends approached for admission of his son into a college run by an Mutt, they asked him to pay one lakh towards donation though he has scored good mark and then there was some negotiation.

Finally, he got his son admitted in an Engineering college run by a non-brahmin accepting donation of Rs.15,000/=.

This may be also one of the reasons why Brahmin community is shirking.

Madam,

Please never blame anyone. All religious center and temples accept donation as well as ask for donation. Being a member of the religion. It is our duty to support them. Sorry to say
Most important thing, never criticize, always encourage
Note:
I already received the help.

Thank you

Balan R

asadu

In this world, nothing is free. Minimum contribution should be there. Geniuine and needy people would find sponsors. The Mutt authorities must have introspected all these matters before putting such a condition. The Kanchi Mutt is the final authorities in our religious affairs. They can stipulate some requirements. In fact, all the religious functions conducted at our places, it is customary for the purohits to collect some money and send/remit to Mutt authorities as Acharya Sambhavana. These days, such things do not happen and no one to enforce such activities. So, our Mutt i.e. religious heads are without sufficient funds and obeidient followwers to guide our religion

renuka

renuka

But getting any inititiation shouldnt make one get into debts.
Isnt there any cheaper way to get an upanayanam?

asadu

Dear sir,
Why so expensive??
Cant an upanayanam be done by the boys father or relatives?

Initiation into other religions are totally free!
Yes. It can be much less expensive. with bare minimum requirements. but atleast the vadhyar remuneration of minimum amount and conducted in-house with no relatives or fanfare.

prasad1

There are other organizations that will help, you have to search.
There are books available that will guide you.

https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/132206/13/13_chapter 7.pdf

Our resident expert can definitely help please contact Mr. KGopalan.

The book: The Upanayana: The Hindu Ceremonies of the Sacred Thread costs Rs 475.00

Samoohik Upanayam
Every month we have one Samoohik Upanayanam program at The Art of Living International Center, Bangalore. It is a five days program. On the first day aspirant is initiated to Gayatri Mantra in a traditional ceremony followed by four days practice of Sandhyaavandanam and Agnikarya.

Samoohika Upanayana Mahotsavam

Samoohika Upanayana Mahotsavam or Mass Thread Ceremony is a traditional Indian Samskara (ceremony) which leads the Vatu(child) to the teacher. The Upanayanam initiates the recital of the Gayatri Mantra which prays for clear intelligence, and thus starts the journey of the vatu taking his first steps to the ultimate realisation of the Reality. This along with investiture of the sacred thread or the “Yagnopavit” which is made up of three strands of thread, which signifies the three responsibilities that the child takes up upon himself: responsibility towards parents, responsibility towards Knowledge or the Master and responsibility towards society. The Gayatri mantra has the subtle power of removing evil tendancies and implanting vituous habits, so the Upanayanam is a unique Samskara. Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba says that the Upanayanam is not only beneficial to the boys initiated but also to everyone who witnesses it and draws inspiration from it.

There must be thousands of locations that will conduct Upnayanam for free or next to nothing.

One needs to be resourceful.

https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/threads/upanayanam-details.42688/madam kindly see this.
only purohit dskshina is Rupees 60,000 Rupees. now. 20 purohits must for two days . Each are getting 3000 rupees only. other expenses are coming to 40 000 Rupees. They want only 10% as your portion of expenses.
Sir,
I just asked for loan. No bad intension. Please i got the loan amount. I request all if any mistake in my writing pardon me.
I beg and fall in all your feet.
Thanks you
Balan R

renuka

There are other organizations that will help, you have to search.
There are books available that will guide you.

https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/132206/13/13_chapter 7.pdf

Our resident expert can definitely help please contact Mr. KGopalan.

The book: The Upanayana: The Hindu Ceremonies of the Sacred Thread costs Rs 475.00

Samoohik Upanayam
Every month we have one Samoohik Upanayanam program at The Art of Living International Center, Bangalore. It is a five days program. On the first day aspirant is initiated to Gayatri Mantra in a traditional ceremony followed by four days practice of Sandhyaavandanam and Agnikarya.

Samoohika Upanayana Mahotsavam

Samoohika Upanayana Mahotsavam or Mass Thread Ceremony is a traditional Indian Samskara (ceremony) which leads the Vatu(child) to the teacher. The Upanayanam initiates the recital of the Gayatri Mantra which prays for clear intelligence, and thus starts the journey of the vatu taking his first steps to the ultimate realisation of the Reality. This along with investiture of the sacred thread or the “Yagnopavit” which is made up of three strands of thread, which signifies the three responsibilities that the child takes up upon himself: responsibility towards parents, responsibility towards Knowledge or the Master and responsibility towards society. The Gayatri mantra has the subtle power of removing evil tendancies and implanting vituous habits, so the Upanayanam is a unique Samskara. Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba says that the Upanayanam is not only beneficial to the boys initiated but also to everyone who witnesses it and draws inspiration from it.

There must be thousands of locations that will conduct Upnayanam for free or next to nothing.

One needs to be resourceful.
When Sathya Sai Baba was around He used to conduct upanayanam for His students totally free
Even His zorastrian students who have something similar also used to be done free of charge.

balaji690

https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/threads/upanayanam-details.42688/madam kindly see this.
only purohit dskshina is Rupees 60,000 Rupees. now. 20 purohits must for two days . Each are getting 3000 rupees only. other expenses are coming to 40 000 Rupees. They want only 10% as your portion of expenses.
Dear Sri Gopalan,

If the person can afford to pay some amount, had not he done this right at his residence? Why he needs to go all the way to Kancheepuram?

Secondly, when you say 'Free', stick on it. Otherwise, don't propagate yourself that you are doing it 'Free'.

Finally, Purohits should never demand money or material but only offer the service. It is the person who is getting it done, has to be generous to pay to Purohits. However either side, this is not happening. A Purohit should offer to such service to poor people without hesitation when he demands with well-doing people.

Hope you get my point Sri Gopalan.

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir
As a matter of fact, this Upanayanm is not performed directly by MUTT, it is being done a service by a Volunteer, who does this for a long time, he is just making use of MUTT so from him the MUTT is also benefited, but you must understand this service oriented man, gets donations to buy things for the upanayanm by himself to provide all the brahmahcharis who comes there. naturally he should be paid, I have also done upanayanm in Kanchi, to my son, but they have not demanded but asked if anything possible to donate which helps other poor people.I have paid ₹10,000/- in the name of MUTT, they have given receipt and you can claim TAX benefit. So let us not comment negatively in this regard. This man needs money but I do not think the MUTT has demanded, he can as well say he cannot afford. there are rich people who perform upanayanm through this MUTT to their wards at free of cost of the mutt, because it is a sanctum. The man can as well ask those rich people who comes forward to help. Let us see if we can individually contribute based on capacity.. so we so many people contribute to reach ₹10,000/- it is better than one individual pay... I think people understand. Someone to take responsibility where to contribute, even a small sum of ₹500/- to start with. Thank you.. Ramadurai

C. Vasudevan

Reapected sir,
On 22nd January 2020 I visited Sri Sankara Mutt Kancheepuram to get my son name registered for free upanayanam which is to be held on 26 Feb 2020.
But the staff demanded rs.10000 as donation for upanayanam. so
I need a sum of rs.10000 for my son upanayanam which is to be paid as donation to Sri Sankara Mutt Kancheepuram.
The said amount can be directly paid to them. My son name Kanna B.
Every month I will repay Rs.1000 for 12 month and clear loan.
Please very urgent. If i dont pay before 1st Feb they will remove my son name from register.
With due respect
Balan R
In Mylapore, the Tambras have Organised a Samasti Upanayanam on 28.02.2020

Kindly contact the Mylapore team for your upanayanam Function

tbs

hi

just info..i did samasti upanayanam for my son in chennai with TAMBRAS., TVMR BRACNCH...they do

every year for free....i did very smalll amount as donation to TAMBRAS some 10 years ago...i dont know now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts