• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Removal of Poverty - Daridraya Dukha Dahana Shiva Stotram By Sage Vasishta

I have personally experienced the efficacy of this Stotram in the removal of poverty.
It comprises eight stanzas and is very easy to learn. As the title to the Stotram indicates,
it destroys (Dahana - burns) poverty and sorrow. In the Kali Temple in Kalighat, there is a separate
shrine for Lord Shiva in the form of a Shivalinga. I used to pour Ganges water on the Shivalinga,
place a few Bilva leaves and then chant the Stotram. If memorized, it barely takes five minutes to chant.
Of course, Abhishekam is not possible in South India, since devotees are prohibited from entering the Sanctum
Sanctorum.

I am giving below the link to this Stotram with the meaning in English.

For any Stotram or Mantra to be effective, it must be chanted with faith and single-minded devotion.
The important thing is to keep the mind free of thoughts, as much as possible, and then chant the
Stotram/Mantra.

I take this opportunity to wish all forum members a very Happy Diwali.

Latest ads

Back