• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Remembering RK Narayanan ( 10 0ct 1906 - 13 May 2001)

mkrishna100

Life is about making right things and going on. - R.K. Narayan
D6b0RgUWAAAUsZw.jpg:large

Members kindly share your experience of reading RK Narayan novels

As one who had known (late) Sri R.K.Narayan and moved with him personally I have many pleasant memories.His son in law Chandrasekhar and myself are good friends. His daughter and son in law were in Coimbatore. He used to stay with them for few months every year. I know his other family members as well. During his stay in Coimbatore, I had the opportunity of taking evening walks with him daily. He liked long walks. He was a keen observer of human behavior and an interesting conversationalist. He liked Carnatic music. He learnt to play on Veena.
He was a simple person and well wisher of mine.He came to my office in Bangalore one evening with his friend Veena Duraisamy Ayyangar and surprised me. When ever his friend (late) Y.N.K. editor of "Kannada Prabha" met him, he used to ask about me.
He loved Mysore and the culture of the city. His house in Yadavgiri, Mysore has been taken over by Government of Karnataka in 2011 and converted into a Museum.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Brahmanyan Sir . Thanks for your reply and happy to note that you knew him personally . I think in the last phase of his life he spent in Chennai at Abhiramapuram with his daughter .

Thanks Sri Krishna,
After I settled down in Banglore in 1966, my contact with my friend Chandrasekhar and R.K.Narayan's family reduced much. I came to know that his daughter passed away in 1994. I met his grand daughter Minni (Bhuvaneswari) in a wedding at Bangalore and got all the news updated.
When he returned from US in 1960 he gave me a prepublication copy of his book "My Dateless Diary".
He told that he had tried journalism as a resident reporter in Mysore for "The Justice" official paper of "Justice Party".

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Latest ads

Back