• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

regarding sholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how much more money is needed to help ragachadrika,but I will pay it.I will give her enough money to run her family too

Godwilling,In future I will pay for her PG course and make sure that she completes her Pg course.Let her not worry.

Whom should I contact?I dont live in chennai.Some admin mail me pls about the modalities.

Last edited:
Helping poor Brahman students

Most Brahmans are honest, hard-working tax payers. The same taxes which the TN Govt uses to provide subsidized education, free scholarships and noon-meal schemes to SC/ST and BC students. And the same taxes which the TN Govt explicitly uses to exclude Brahman students by discriminating against them even though the constitution says all citizens are to be treated equally by the Govt.

So the Brahmans are doing their part to help other communities even if the same money is explicitly used by the Non-Brahman Govt to discriminate against their own community. In addition, if they want to help victims of Govt persecution, what is so special about this? If Brahmans do not help them, who will?

If the TN govt would change their policies so that instead of hate driven anti-Brahman reservations in education and jobs, they would have caste-free merit-based admissions, I and many Brahmans would gladly donate money towards poor students's scholarships, regardless of caste.

You and I know exactly what the reply meant, so stop twisting my words and pushing your own agenda. Brahmans have historically not been rich, so resources are very limited. Why don't you ask Karu and others who have thousands of crores in their Swiss Bank accounts to provide scholarships for their "oppressed" brethren? They are the ones who refuse to exempt the affluent layer in education quotas to ensure that the really poor backward caste students stay that way and can vote for them in the next elections.

I dont want this thread to deviate from its purpose, So I take back my arguments which are irrelevent to its purpose.We always have other threads to debate.

My sincere apologies.

Last edited:
dear members,
as written by mrifan we all are contributing to the general public in one way or the other. think about the brahmin soldiers who have died ( i know how many have given their lives) for the sake of all of us.
my mother and brother contribute every month to a catholic home of aged.
(no brahmins there).
so if we try to help our people exclusively on one to one basis NOTHING WRONG>
bless u all
eswaran

I dont know how much more money is needed to help ragachadrika,but I will pay it.I will give her enough money to run her family too

Godwilling,In future I will pay for her PG course and make sure that she completes her Pg course.Let her not worry.

Whom should I contact?I dont live in chennai.Some admin mail me pls about the modalities.

Dear Goundamani:
I am paying her tuition fees of about Rs.5,800 right now. We are also about to send out an appeal to all our members for a once-a-year donation. Once we get the money, we could start disbursing from those funds .
I commend you and want to thank you very much for your generosity and kind-heartedness. However, remember, we are going to have to help many more 'Ragachandrikas' down the line.
You may want to contact Mr. Gopalaswamy, a kindly neighbor of Raga. Let me find out the phone number and then I will post it.

Dear silverfox,

Thanks.I will be looking such threads for people who need assistance and will always be willing to help the needy.

I think one should refrain from acrimonious debates in this section. This is purely meant to help children, yes children who are barely 18-19 years old. They need not read replies which have nothing to do with their unfortunate situation.

Yearly donations

Hi Silverfox,

Has help reached ragachandrika? I am living in saligrasm only and can do the needful
Balaji

Hi Balaji!
How are you? Tried to call your home a few times; you were out.

Yes, I have aleady paid Rs.5800 to Ragachandrika towards her current year's tuition; actually, it was a loan taken out by her mother which should be repaid. For the coming year, she needs help.

Regarding the address to where donations could be sent, please bear with me; I will come back to our members within a week with addresses, bank account no., etc.

Ragachandrika

Dear Balaji
I am still waiting to talk with you; unfortunately, I didn't store your cell phone.
Please call.
I have personally paid Ragachandrika for the loan her mother took out already. We need to take care of her tuition, etc., for the coming year.
I am giving her home phone number in your private email in this forum.
Perhaps you could check with her to see if she needs a computer; I suspect she does.

I have sent a mail to Balaji.

Let ragachandrika not worry about her tution expenses or anything.I will take care of it and also will pay some amount for her family's expenses.God willing,I will pay for her PG degree too.Let God make her succeed in her life and studies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back