• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Read before asking a question or replying to a question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen

Life is a dream
Staff member
What kind of questions can be asked?
Ask any kind of questions within the context of this forum. Be it on any rituals or poojas or if you need clarification on why something is done in a specific way.

What kind of questions cannot be asked?
Questions that are meant to cause trouble, unrelated to this forum or downright stupid!
Example of a stupid question can be: Is abc better than xyz?

Who decides what questions can cause trouble?

All of us. Report a question if it is meant to cause a trouble or an answer if it is unrelated to the question asked.

Finally,
Be Nice, Be Respectful.

Thanks Mr. Praveen Sir
Still i feel this site need improvement in other matters too.
1. In Face Book, Yahoo Answers, there is a provision to delete the Entire post posted by member himself, such provision is also needed here.
2. Instead of marking the post as 'Like' , thumbs up or thumbs down is better as it will show 'dislikes' also.
These may please be considered in due course.
Thanks
Regards
Padmanabhan.J

Last edited:
there is a provision to delete the Entire post posted by member himself, such provision is also needed here.
It is not enabled as it can lead to situations where one might say something and then at a later point in time will go and delete them. So all the subsequent replies will look odd.

Instead of marking the post as 'Like' , thumbs up or thumbs down is better as it will show 'dislikes' also.
This option is not available at the moment. Will take it up later.

It is not enabled as it can lead to situations where one might say something and then at a later point in time will go and delete them. So all the subsequent replies will look odd.

This option is not available at the moment. Will take it up later.
Praveen Sir

Normally all connected answers with the post is also deleted in Yahoo answers as well as in Face book; so this should not make subsequent posts odd.

Thanks for considering my other points
Padmanabhan.J

I can understand why there is no thumbs down or dislike button, if you don't like something ignore it why hurt the person by saying what they said is disliked, if you don't like it send a message stating why you don't like it or don't disagree, we are responsible adults here, so we should treat each other with respect, In my opinion not having those said buttons makes sense.. :)

Live and let live guys..

I can understand why there is no thumbs down or dislike button, if you don't like something ignore it why hurt the person by saying what they said is disliked, if you don't like it send a message stating why you don't like it or don't disagree, we are responsible adults here, so we should treat each other with respect, In my opinion not having those said buttons makes sense.. :)

Live and let live guys..

Madam

There is nothing disrespect when one presses dislike button; it shows the post is not appreciated, that's all; Yahoo answers is a much bigger Social site, and many other such sites have this facility.
Writing a reply is lengthy process and not possible for everyone;If one dissent a view, it does not mean it is sign of disrespect.
Times of India and other News papers have this facility to comments posted by a reader.

Last edited:
Dear PJ Sir,

GM. I also feel the same way as Ms.Subhalakshmi. You can counter an argument or if you dont like just skip and go ahead. Why to make the other person feel hurt...

cheers...

Yahoo Answers and Times of India are not community sites. I am an active member of yahoo Answers and I write comments on a regular basis in Times of India.

But they are not community sites like Tamil Brahmins.Com. Here we discuss beliefs, rituals etc. When a question is asked members post answers which they think are appropriate. But most of the times there is no definite or correct answers.

Yahoo Answers and Times of India are not community sites. I am an active member of yahoo Answers and I write comments on a regular basis in Times of India.

But they are not community sites like Tamil Brahmins.Com. Here we discuss beliefs, rituals etc. When a question is asked members post answers which they think are appropriate. But most of the times there is no definite or correct answers.

I am really hurt, I thought my answers are correct and every other answer is incorrect. (sic):sick::frusty:

Jokes aside we need to lighten up a bit, and accept that we are exchanging our opinions. Please do not take yourself to be relevent all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back