• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ram Sethu is symbol of love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ram Sethu is symbol of honor & prestige...Shri Ram wanted to protect the honor of Smt Sitha Matha!!

15672772_537261793143872_4698853837731775663_n.jpg

Strange way of showing love. Just after rescuing Sita, Ram abandoned her just because somebody said. If that is love, it is strange.

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.Ann Landers

This post is in chit chat.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/love_is.html

I feel Ram Sethu is the symbol of Love Lord Rama had for Ravana....the love of God for a fallen devotee..to liberate him from the curse he had incurred from the Sanat Kumars.

Sita was just a mere tool in the Bromance of Ram and Ravan.

I feel Ram Sethu is the symbol of Love Lord Rama had for Ravana....the love of God for a fallen devotee..to liberate him from the curse he had incurred from the Sanat Kumars.

In my opinion, Ram is the only person, to be considered as symbol of true love. He spent his entire life with "Eka Patni Vritham" that too in a period where polygamy was quite in vague. Even his father had 3 wifes. Leading a life like that in such an era really makes him great. The other part of leaving her inbetween is ofcourse was a part of exhibiting high morale values in his political life giving more importance to peoples intrests more than his personal life. More than a God, such an impressive person he was!

Rama Setu was the back-breaking toil of the little squirrels with no labour laws to protect them and exploitation of animals when there was no Activity group to protest against and protect the rights of the animals!!!

rama setu was the back-breaking toil of the little squirrels with no labour laws to protect them and exploitation of animals when there was no activity group to protest against and protect the rights of the animals!!!

lol!

In my opinion, Ram is the only person, to be considered as symbol of true love. He spent his entire life with "Eka Patni Vritham" that too in a period where polygamy was quite in vague. Even his father had 3 wifes. Leading a life like that in such an era really makes him great. The other part of leaving her inbetween is ofcourse was a part of exhibiting high morale values in his political life giving more importance to peoples intrests more than his personal life. More than a God, such an impressive person he was!

Well...if you ask me there is no reason to give Sita up.

Reason is..the Kingdom did not really mean much to Lord Rama...He was willing to let Bharata rule it cos He knew His brothers would do a good job too.

So if Sita's image was being tarnished in the Kingdom ..so He could have stepped down as King..handed the Kingdom to Lakshmana and head to forest with Sita.

That way the Kingdom was not neglected and same time His wife too was not neglected.

Or at least He could have discussed the scenario with Sita ..being a loving wife she would have understood and left by herself so that Rama can rule for the benefit of all.

Its Rama's fault entirely for not discussing His dilemma with Sita.

Last edited:
Well...if you ask me there is no reason to give Sita up.

Reason is..the Kingdom did not really mean much to Lord Rama...He was willing to let Bharata rule it cos He knew His brothers would do a good job too.

So if Sita's image was being tarnished in the Kingdom ..so He could have stepped down as King..handed the Kingdom to Lakshmana and head to forest with Sita.

That way the Kingdom was not neglected and same time His wife too was not neglected.

Or at least He could have discussed the scenario with Sita ..being a loving wife she would have understood and left by herself so that Rama can rule for the benefit of all.

Its Rama's fault entirely for not discussing His dilemma with Sita.
hi

you may be legal expert/adviser to Lord Rama...lah.....lol

How did u know that Rama was a 'Eka Patni Vrithan'? Does Ramayana speak about Rama right from birth to death (since he was a human being)? Also, there are so many Ramayanas and which one can be the right source of information.

How did u know that Rama was a 'Eka Patni Vrithan'? Does Ramayana speak about Rama right from birth to death (since he was a human being)? Also, there are so many Ramayanas and which one can be the right source of information.

This reference is omnipresent in almost every Ramayana's by different authors. Particularly at that stage when Shurpanakha proposes her self, Rama himself says this. I have not encoutered anything contrary to this so far. If you have any source, please enlighten me also.

Last edited:
Wonder why such a doubt is raised? It is known to everyone. Perhaps Mr. Chandru has some reasons of his own.

In my opinion, Ram is the only person, to be considered as symbol of true love. He spent his entire life with "Eka Patni Vritham" that too in a period where polygamy was quite in vague. Even his father had 3 wifes. ...........
:D How did you miss the 'others' in his harem whom he married every year, to escape the wrath of Parasurama?

P.S: Parasurama would not kill a Kshatriya who had the yellow thread on his wrist, worn for one year from the date of marriage. :cool:

Was it Rama or Dasharatha did all that marriages in fear of Parasurama? To my knowledge it was Dasaratha done all that. Please check again and let me know if I am wrong.

:

P.S: Parasurama would not kill a Kshatriya who had the yellow thread on his wrist, worn for one year from the date of marriage. :cool:

Then how did Rama escaped the wrath of Parasurama with his ekapathni vow? In fact P.Rama gave Rama Sharanga Dhanush - Thiagraja sings glorifying okay matta okay banana oka pathni - Parasurama (Vishnu) 's vow seems ineffectve in Vishnus another RamaAvathar l wish someone to post that Hariambodhi krti of Thiagaraja vocal by renowed artist

This reference is omnipresent in almost every Ramayana's by different authors. Particularly at that stage when Shurpanakha proposes her self, Rama himself says this. I have not encoutered anything contrary to this so far. If you have any source, please enlighten me also.

Assuming that Rama was a 'Eka Patni Viradha', still it was not clear why he followed that practice, since during Varna period, the ruling class, especially the Kings, had more than one woman in the 'Anthapuram', Rama's action would have looked upon differently. Probably, he would have acted differently if he is living now.

In post number 14 you asked
"How did u know that Rama was a 'Eka Patni Vrithan'? Does Ramayana speak about Rama right from birth to death (since he was a human being)? Also, there are so many Ramayanas and which one can be the right source of information."

Now you are talking about some assumptions and probabilities.

Sorry I am unable to understand your view point
I still am of the view that the fact that Rama chose not to follow polygamy despite that was widely followed in his era is what makes him great...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back