• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Protocols to be observed after death in the family

Sir, My sister-in-law (elder brother's wife passed away yesterday and cremation was done today. I am outside the country and hence unable to attend the last rites of her. I have couple of questions: (i) I do prayers daily. Can I perform the prayers during the period of mourning (till 13th day)? (ii) I presume that one can go to temples after the 13th day. But, can I take part in the Sivarathiri puja on 11th march 2021 which is 14th day after the demise? (iii) What are the protocols for one year after death? Can someone enlighten me on this. Thanks. Chandrasekaran.S.

elder brother's wife--status of mother.
till 13th, can do sandhya vandanam , no lighting of lamp, pooja.mental japams ok. like namasivaya , narayana,,,not vishnu or lalitha sahasranam

there are different views on temple visits - many say wait upto 1 year.
unavoidable circumstances, see deity from main entrance, dont go inside

better to avoid sivarathri pooja

dont be afraid of GOD> he is present everywhere. pray from home .

For your infor. due to COVID restrictions , I have not gone to temple, praying from home only.

Dont be under impression , GOD will bless only temple visitors.

For one year, hear online vedas., narayaneeyam, etc

I am not authority. Just sharing my experience when my parents passed away.

Remove from your thought, if not gone to temple, something will happen.

Can you manage for 1 year to see deity from 1 year.

Latest ads

Back