• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Pooja Sankalpam for UK residents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namasakaram,

Can anybody help with the correct substitutions in the pradhana pooja sankalpam for someone who lives in the UK?

Main City = Birmingham
Town = Halesowen
Main River = River Tame

what dweepe does the UK fall under? What is the varsha and khanda of the UK? I believe we are all mero: pashchmdigbhage, what paksha would UK be? What would be the mahasamudrateere of UK? Does ketumalaya varshe still apply to UK?

I have attached a picture of sankalpam for someone in Dubai, can someone please give the changes required for UK

Shivarpanamastu,

Shivraj

Attachments

• Sankalpam.PNG
    Sankalpam.PNG
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,000
Namasakaram,

Can anybody help with the correct substitutions in the pradhana pooja sankalpam for someone who lives in the UK?

Main City = Birmingham
Town = Halesowen
Main River = River Tame

what dweepe does the UK fall under? What is the varsha and khanda of the UK? I believe we are all mero: pashchmdigbhage, what paksha would UK be? What would be the mahasamudrateere of UK? Does ketumalaya varshe still apply to UK?

I have attached a picture of sankalpam for someone in Dubai, can someone please give the changes required for UK

Shivarpanamastu,

Shivraj

Should it be necessary for the all-knowing god for you to tell your exact GPS location with reference to the continent, nearby ocean, nearby river, etc? Will it not be sufficient to say, "kaliyugE, pratHamE pAdE, asmin vartamAnE, vyAvahArike,...etc."?

Sangom Ji you have a very valid point, however why would our great rishis incorporate such elaborate measures if they can be bypassed? Just a humble thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back