• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Planting of Bilva tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Hinduism the Bilva tree is sacred.

1)Trees & plants: Plants should be planted duringauspicious constellations. It is ideal to plant during the bright half, i.e.,close to full moon.
2)it is always good to grow a Tulasi plant on one’sproperty. Tulasi should be located on the north, northeast, or east sides ofthe house, or in front of the house. Trees should not be planted directly infront of the house’s main entrance. There should be an even number of trees onone’s property, not an odd number.
3)Do not allow tree branches to touch the house.
4)Thorny plants should not be planted near the house. Cactusshould not be planted at all. Thorny plants other than roses have a negativeenergy. Ideally all thorny plants should be pulled up and destroyed.
5)A list of good trees to plant: coconut, neem, betal,sandalwood, lemon, pineapple, bilva, almond, jackfruit, pomegranate, mango,amla, and katha.
6)Banyan and Pipal (Aswatha) are sacred trees; they shouldusually only be planted near a temple or at a sacred place.
So,it seems only Pipal(Aswatha) & Banyan trees should not be planted inHomes.There is no such restrictions regarding Bilwa.

In any Purana nobody mentioned about where togrow trees. Growing Bilva Vriksha or nagavalli vrikasha, arjuna vriksha likemany sacred trees is very good source of positive energy. Without any doubt inmind you just let it grow in your house. But remember they should not be inyour north east side of your home.

Source—compilation of answers from Hinduism stack exchange

Thorny plants should not be planted near the house. Cactusshould not be planted at all. Thorny plants other than roses have a negativeenergy. Ideally all thorny plants should be pulled up and destroyed.

But now a days, they are planted in pots and placed inside houses... Interior decoration!!

Well, now more than half of worl'ds populaion is living in flats, these instructions could hardly be followed. People can definetly worhship the Bilwa tree where ever they find one, possibly in temples. Sitting beneath the Bilwa tree at least for 10 minutes, does immense good & gives you peace of mind, just try it and find out.

"தர்சனம், பில்வ விரிக்ஷஸ்ய
ஸ்ப்ர்சனம் பாப நாசனம்அகோர பாப சம்ஹாரம்
ஏக பில்வம் சிவ அர்ப்பணம்"

Last edited:
I have a Henna tree in my garden..its really big now...birds make nest on it too but everyone who sees this tree says one should not have a Henna tree cos it attracts ghost. So far I have not seen any ghost!LOL

I have a Henna tree in my garden..its really big now...birds make nest on it too but everyone who sees this tree says one should not have a Henna tree cos it attracts ghost. So far I have not seen any ghost!LOL

Ghosts seldom fall sick, may that's the reason a Doctor didn't find them!! LOL

I have no idea about Ghosts But Henna in my Garden attracts beautiful Girls For the past 2 days about 6 girls visited us for henna leaves for their Deepavali dress up!

Tenants never trouble their own Land lords!!

Maybe it might have entered within you----LOLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back