• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Pepsi & Coke

Status
Not open for further replies.

I give below a FW msg received by me sometime ago. I don't know the veracity of the claim. Perhaps our Doctor Madam could give us an idea.
:fear:

Pepsi and Coca Cola Contains PORK (PIG) extracts - PROVEN!!

Shocking / Bad News :
Pepsi and Coca Cola contains extract from Pork (Pig)
Most of the people avoid Pepsi and Coca-Cola for various reasons,
because of harmful chemical contents such as excessive carbonates, etc.

Now there is yet another reason which is more dangerous. The scientific and medical research says that drinking Pepsi & Cola leads to cancer because the key element is taken from Pigs sausage.

The pig is the only animal that eats dirt, dung and urine, which makes lethal and deadly fabric polluted germs and microbes.

According to a report published in Jordanian magazine, the Head of Delhi University Science and Technology , Dr. Mangoshada scientifically proved that the key element in Pepsi and Cola contains extract from the intestines of Pig which causes cancer and other deadly diseases.

The Indian university conducted tests on the impact of drinking Pepsi and Coca Cola which proved that drinking them lead to more rapid heart rate and low pressure.

Also drinking 6 bottles of Pepsi or Cola at a time causes instant death. It also contains chemicals such as carbonic and phosphoric acids, citric acid which harms teeth and causes bone fragility. Bones kept in the Cup of Pepsi melts during the week knowing that the bones of the dead remain in the grave for thirty years.

Research itself confirmed that the calcium dissolved in Pepsi and it weakens the bladder, kidneys, kills the pancreatic, leads to diabetes and infectious diseases.

Pepsi or Coca-Cola lovers nothing to worry as it is not the only drinks available on this earth, as we have other healthy alternatives such as natural fruit juices, canned coconut water, flavoured milks, buttermilk etc., all of them are conveniently available even in the small stores.

I did not know this..that Pepsi or Coke has Pork in it.

I dont drink carbonated drink cos it contains lots of sugar.

But as the study says :

The Indian university conducted tests on the impact of drinking Pepsi and Coca Cola which proved that drinking them lead to more [rapid heart rate
and low pressure.

This is great! for those with High Blood Pressure if only the rapid heart rate could be controlled.

Also drinking 6 bottles of Pepsi or Cola at a time causes instant death.

Good way of committing suicide..instead of suffering pain..by hanging,fire etc.
Bones kept in the Cup of Pepsi melts during the week knowing that the bones of the dead remain in the grave for thirty years.

The dead dont drink Coke..hence their bones last longer!

Research itself confirmed that the calcium dissolved in Pepsi and it weakens the bladder, kidneys, kills the pancreatic, leads to diabetes and infectious diseases.

Can't be..cos you see the can or bottle of Coke/Pepsi used to store the Coke/Pepsi lasts so long..it can be so corrosive yaar.

BTW Pork is a source of protein..so at least there is some benefit.

Last edited:
Pepsi and coke are not health drinks - they are joy drinks. A can or bottle once in a while is fine. Applies to all manufactured eats and drinks - contain chemicals, preservatives, distinctive flavouring and colouring agents in high concentration and unknown origin. Six cups of strong coffee has enough caffeine to knock out a weak individual.

Source: Is it true that COCA-COLA contains pork? - Yahoo! Answers

answered 7 years ago!!!

"I found this...they say the report is a fake:

Delhi University does not have a Dr. Mangoshada

Actually, Delhi University does not even have a Science & Technology center! It has a science dept and a technology dept.

I mean, if you're going to pull stuff out of your back side at least make it credible, a quick trip to their website is all you need

to pull some good sounding names out of a hat! Some more points:

- Using the phrase "Scientifically proved" without saying how does not scientifically prove anything!

- Of course coke increases heart rate! it contains sugar and caffeine! And perhaps im missing something but high heart rate

usually results in HIGH blood pressure, not low!

- Carbonic, phosphoric and citric acid are the things written on the side of the bottle! Do we need an expert to read for us?

They are bad for you (although citric acid is often found in that deadly fruit.. the lemon) but then if you actually read labels you

would be able to decide what to drink.

- That coke melts bones and teeth is actually a myth, in fact there was an episode of myth busters that delt with this and of

course anyone can try this at home - go find some bones and see what you get.

- Im not saying coke is good for you, in fact cocaine would probably give you a better effect at far less risk, but the point is,

half the stuff said in this article is total rubbish that people will believe absolutely without even thinking about it, as usual

people will believe anything. "

Nice busting of rumour and misinformation. Coke and pepsi indira will be proud of you.

There was a hour loing tv debate some years ago when Ms sunita narayan was campaigning against coke and soft drinks. Sad she was knocked down and seriously injured by a speeding, yet unapprehended motorist, when she was on her morning jog/cycling near AIIMs.

Both pro junk food and anti junk food lobbies are alive and kicking and making lot of money.

Source: Is it true that COCA-COLA contains pork? - Yahoo! Answers

answered 7 years ago!!!

"I found this...they say the report is a fake:

Delhi University does not have a Dr. Mangoshada

Actually, Delhi University does not even have a Science & Technology center! It has a science dept and a technology dept.

I mean, if you're going to pull stuff out of your back side at least make it credible, a quick trip to their website is all you need

to pull some good sounding names out of a hat! Some more points:

- Using the phrase "Scientifically proved" without saying how does not scientifically prove anything!

- Of course coke increases heart rate! it contains sugar and caffeine! And perhaps im missing something but high heart rate

usually results in HIGH blood pressure, not low!

- Carbonic, phosphoric and citric acid are the things written on the side of the bottle! Do we need an expert to read for us?

They are bad for you (although citric acid is often found in that deadly fruit.. the lemon) but then if you actually read labels you

would be able to decide what to drink.

- That coke melts bones and teeth is actually a myth, in fact there was an episode of myth busters that delt with this and of

course anyone can try this at home - go find some bones and see what you get.

- Im not saying coke is good for you, in fact cocaine would probably give you a better effect at far less risk, but the point is,

half the stuff said in this article is total rubbish that people will believe absolutely without even thinking about it, as usual

people will believe anything. "

consequence of allowing MNC food brands----- when big fish eat the small fish

Hi,
There where days of LIMCA, thumpsup, citra..... those drinks vanished... sorry where completely finished off after the MNC beverages re-entered into india, healthy competition is good, but cut throat competition is bad, that too when you have a foreigner in your locality, who kills all the local brands, which is not good for the country, because he will leave one day, but local brand will never leave the country.

It is not jus the health problem alone, it also reflects the economy too... These companies indulged in wrong practices and made sure that local brands where killed. There is nothing wrong in allowing foreign brands in India, But Indian government and politicians will not adhere to laws,

REMEMBER THE UNION CARBIDE....... these companies will wave their hands from the plane and will leave the place once something goes wrong.

regards
bharat

Dear Tmt RR

Yes, I agree - these hoax 'study reports' have been around for a while.

I remember reading somewhere - there is more poop in a bottle of [so-called] packaged mineral water than in a can of beer.

So, I guess it's anyone's choice - drink a lot of beer and talk a lot of crap or drink a lot of mineral water and be full of it.

Yay Yem

PS:
Somehow, nobody seemed to have any issues with '77' [ Double Seven ] or Campa Cola - everyone was contended (!)
nobody ever thought of a DIET '77' or a DIET Campa Cola - I guess the competition wasn't fierce enough for people
to fabricate ' study reports '. So they they just added some rum to make it a health drink - after all, which man doesn't
want to feel like a HERCULES and that too a XXX ?

Last edited:
Another junk email. Have some faith in the CEO of Pepsi who also happens to be a TB! And the CEO of Coke, who is a Turkish Muslim. I am sure pork would be abhorrent to both of them.

Last edited:
Do any of you remeber 'Kali Mark' soda and colour that used to be the staple soft drink for many years before the advent of Cokes?Also the 'Goli soda'? They used the quench thirsts apart from being harmless. Where have they gone?

Do any of you remeber 'Kali Mark' soda and colour that used to be the staple soft drink for many years before the advent of Cokes?Also the 'Goli soda'? They used the quench thirsts apart from being harmless. Where have they gone?

When I was in India in 1990 I remember Bajal Cola and Bajal Orange

I wonder if its still there these days.

The Bajal Orange was so yellow in color.

I still remember once a young female lecturer took our class and she asked one of my friends what is the cause of jaundice.

And he answered "drinking too much Bajal Orange"

The young lecturer looked at him shyly and said "Naughty boy" and she started giggling.

All of us were thinking "OMG she did not even get angry".

That friend of mine has some luck..he could say and joke what ever he wanted in class and no lecturer ever got angry with him and his jokes..even now as a doctor he jokes a lot with his patients and his patients adore him and some women are crazy for him and even keep asking him to marry them! But he is a good guy..Eka Patni types.

Some guys have all the luck!LOL

Last edited:
These lines and photo from this blog will make you happy, Sir!

'Away from the world of Pepsi & Coke, Bovonto is a soft drink popular in South India. It is manufactured and marketed by Kali Mark (Kalis Sparkling

Water (P) Ltd.), which has offices and bottling plants at several locations in Tamilnadu. The drink is mildly carbonated and has a tangy grape-cola

taste. Kali Mark has survived the onslaught of take-overs by multinational giants. You may not get to see any advertisements for the product

and the online presence is also minimal. Understand that the product Bovonto came into existence in 1916, in Virudhunagar under Mr. P.V.S.K.

Palaniappa Nadar. Bovonto entered the city of Bangalore, India, through a few Chettinad restaurants. Recently Kalimark group has reinvented

itself with modern technology for production. The shape of Bovonto pet bottle was redesigned and production was increased.

For those who have tasted, Bovonto would give a run for Coke and Pepsi. It is available in many stores in Chennai – perhaps priced slightly more

but still selling in good quantity. It may not provide the facilities like refrigerators, façade make-up and more that MNCs offer to their dealer – but

still has a market share. There is a good brand image and customer loyalty but very little of marketing, lacks economies of scale. Still Kalimark is

a 100 crore + brand by some accounts.'

Kali+mark+Paneer+sodaa.jpg

Source: This

Howzzzaaatt??

'Goli Soda' is an upcoming movie, directed by Vijay Milton starring Pasanga movie fame Sree Raam, Kishore, Pandi and

Murugesh. The film is about 4 boys who work together in Koyambedu market. The film has been shot in the locations of

Koyambedu market in Chennai, Azhapuzha in Kerala and Murudeshwara temple in Karnataka.

Looks better packaging nowadays. Pity, they could have come to metros and did a good business rather than focussing on only rural markets.

Which scientific and medical research says that ? Please mention.

Of course Pepsi Coke are not health drinks. Some studies say that it contains pesticides too.

These are fun drinks, have them in limits. :)

Cheeeerssss......

Seeing a movie with 'colour' in the interval is another zamana.

Yes Sarang Ji

A different Zamana, you said it.

There was this famous anecdote [ not sure of the authenticity ] of how when the Indian Cricket Team under
Nawab of Pataudi was playing a Test series against the West Indies [ under Garry Sobers ]- in 1966/67.

During the Chepauk Test, it seems Venkatraghavan had made arrangements for Goli Soda & Panneer Soda and then had a
good laugh at Conrad Hunte who was seen fidgeting with the bottle trying to get the blue marble out !
[ I can recall almost the whole WIndies team then - Hall, Griffith, Sobers, Gibbs, Hindricks, Kanhai, Hunte, Nurse, Bynoe , it was Lloyd's
debut series ....]. Then there was the gossip of Anju Mahindru & Sobers .

In the cinema tents those days, they even had boys going between seating rows shouting "ISKEE, ISKEE" [ I never figured-out whether they meant Biscuit or whisky ] peddling anything from groundnut balls to Goli Soda in total darkness, while we watched 'fight scenes' through clouds of beedi smoke from the front rows.

There were many intervals - every time the projector operator had to change reels, a dim 'gundu bulb, would be switched on.

Yes, definitely a different ZAMANA - reminds me of the song :

" Those were the days my friend, We thought they'd never end ............ "

Yay Yem

HI
these color water was welll designed hotty summer of south india....STILL I LIKE NEER MORU OR LEMON WITH GOLI SODA FOR THIRSTY...

EVEN I LIKE NANNARI/NELLAI PAZHA RASAM /ROSE MILK ARE MY FAVORITES IN MYLAPORE /MAMBALAM AREA....i pefer less coke/pepsi

in india......fanta is somewhat okay.....

Thinking of 'colour'.............

We had a relative mAmA who was the manager of a 'talkies' in Pollachi. Whenever dad attends the monthly medical meeting,

we used to take a ride to Pollachi and spend time at the theatre, if good movies are shown. Many a time, we see the second half

first, know the story line and spend time seeing the first half till dad comes to pick us up! Our relative mAmA used to give us the

reserved high class seats and serve 'colour' to entertain us! :cool:

And the fun(?) seeing a matinee show (3 to 6 pm) in a theater with a tin roof, closed doors, sweltering oven, beedy haze and adulatory high decibel shout - only the 'colour' made this bearable.

And the all night shows (3 cinemas) in velachery in a touring theater accessed through a small wicket gate from the IITM hostels was a different experience.

.......... And the all night shows (3 cinemas) in velachery in a touring theater accessed through a small wicket gate from the IITM hostels was a different experience.
Once students spotted a wicked crocodile on their way to the wicket gate! :fear:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back