• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

[Question] Participating in Namasankeertan and Ayyappan Bhajans

sgs0101

Background: After performing all the Karyams for my Father, who passed away last month, I had also gone to the local temple on the 13th day, after Subha-sweekaram to pray.

I'm told that in this 1st year till Varushabhthiyam, I can go temples although there are some restrictions (Not to visit temples with Kodimaram, Not to perform Archanas / Abhishekam, Not to undertake any vrathams, etc).

Question: Within this 1st year, can I attend and join singing Namasankeertans and Bhajans at Temples OR should that be avoided?

I used to join our local Temple's Ayyappan Abhishekam & Bhajan every month and want to understand if I can continue this OR if it need to be avoided till my Father's Varushabhthiyam.

you may see abhishekam and participate in bhajans . you are eligible to do sandhyavandanam and gayathri japam thrice a day.you may do brhma yagnam daily after madhyanikam. you may do samithathanam or oupasanam daily. ekadasi vratham is allowed. daily you are eligible to do panchayathna puja in your home. you may chant vishnu sahasranamam and other sthothrams.

you may see abhishekam and participate in bhajans . you are eligible to do sandhyavandanam and gayathri japam thrice a day.you may do brhma yagnam daily after madhyanikam. you may do samithathanam or oupasanam daily. ekadasi vratham is allowed. daily you are eligible to do panchayathna puja in your home. you may chant vishnu sahasranamam and other sthothrams.
Thank you for your reply and clarification 🙏

Latest ads

Back