• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Parliament Elections 2019 Results

mkrishna100

So after a long wait finally the Parliament Elections 2019 Results are out and it is very clear that BJP+ is winning easily and Modi will be the PM Once again .
This is the status at 12 noon
BJP+ - 337
Congress+ - 91
Others+ - 114

As far as TN is concerned DMK-Congress alliance is Sweeping the Parliamentary Elections and in the 22 Assebly segments though DMK is leading AIADMK is giving a tough fight and it seems EPS will be able to save his Govt . TTV Dinakaran , Kamal etc have so far not got any seats but will have to wait till the end of counting is over to understand how much votes they got .
The assembly election counting in TN is going through twists and turns so have to wait till the end to get a clear picture .

Once the final counting is over all over India the seats and vote share percentage will be available to understand clearly the voting pattern but in one sentence the result is NAMO is PM for India once again with a complete Majority and EPS likely to retain his CM seat as of now in TN ( have to wait in the end to see if DMK overtakes AIADMK but highly unlikely I feel )

Brahmanyan

The people of India has given a decisive result by electing NDA with overwhelming majority to continue the Government under Sri Narendra Modi.
Congratulations to Sri Modiji.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

KRN

Congratulations to BJP under the very effective leadership of Modi - Shah. The Bengal results suggest a possible change of guard there in the next elections, as well as an extra few Rajya Sabha seats for BJP from there, in future. All in all, Modi - Shah can say, like Tamil movie heroes, "What I say, I do". I am happy to see that my scepticism about the exit polls mechanism seems misplaced.

Brahmanyan

This election results for Karnataka may be a shocker for outsiders, but a relief for people of Karnataka. The people are disgusted with this artificial gudhbandhan of two rejected political opponents join to enjoy power.
When the time came the people to show their anger, they defeated these two parties decisively.
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

mkrishna100

This election results for Karnataka may be a shocker for outsiders, but a relief for people of Karnataka. The people are disgusted with this artificial gudhbandhan of two rejected political opponents join to enjoy power.
When the time came the people to show their anger, they defeated these two parties decisively.
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.
True . This election proved that alliance must have chemistry apart from arithmetic and JDS Congress did not have an inspite of AIADMK putting a strong alliance in TN they got a drubbing in Parliament elections and just scraping through the assembly seats

KRN

If you are a BJP supporter, even the assembly election results must be cause for celebration since the winners like YSRCP, BJD are known more for political pragmatism rather than any anti-BJP ideology. When I last checked the leads, it looked doubtful whether Congress would get the position of leader of opposition. Of course things might improve for them as we near the end.

mkrishna100

I am shocked by the very poor performance of TTVs ( AMMK ) in TN .I did not expect him to do wonders but expected at least to give a tough fight to DMK and AIADMK put it seems at many places he has got less then even Kamal's MNM and Seeman's NTK .I do not have the total vote share as of now but I did not expect TTV to get this sort of drubbing inspite of him Campaigning well much before and spending lot of money . In one way it is good that EPS is retaining his seat as of now ( last I saw the news was that AIADMK leading in 9 assembly seats and he needs minimum 8 seats to retain his power )

mkrishna100

If you are a BJP supporter, even the assembly election results must be cause for celebration since the winners like YSRCP, BJD are known more for political pragmatism rather than any anti-BJP ideology. When I last checked the leads, it looked doubtful whether Congress would get the position of leader of opposition. Of course things might improve for them as we near the end.
Assembly election results prove that people vote for their STATE LEVEL Leaders . In 2014 AAP got a drubbing in Parliament elections but won massive in Delhi assembly elections . Congress was able to win Punjab in assembly as well as leading in Parliament seats now because they had a local leader . I clearly remember that before the Assembly elections in Punjab when RG wanted to put forth his own CM Candidate Amrinder Singh warned him that he will start his own local party . RG gave in and Amrinder won Punjab . This is the problem Congress is having - no strong local leaders - YSR started his own party , Sharad Pawar floated his own outfit in Maharashtra , Mamta Banerjee floated her own Party in Bengal . Luckily Congress won in Rajastan , MP ,CG though with not great margin but have captured power and he must give the state leadership a free hand to groom their own leadership instead of imposing from Delhi .
Congress was strong when it had strong local leaders . When Indira took over she was calling the shots from the Centre and did not allow any State Leader to grow bigger and if anyone became big he was cut down and assumed full central leadership . This gave her full Control at the Centre but slowly congress started decaying at the state level . Now BJP is also in the same situation - Powerful Central figure in MODI but that is helpful in Lok Sabha but not in state elections as they found it for themselves in Delhi , Punjab , Rajastan and other state elections . Overyrelying on Modi to win state elections will prove harmful the same way over relying of the Congress leaders on the Gandhi Family for winning elections .

mkrishna100

This is a warning to both the National Parties BJP . Congress - respect local leaders , local culture

Andhra Pradesh voters totally reject both the national parties Congress & BJP. Congress & BJP lose deposit in all 25 Lok Sabha seats. Polled less than 10,000 votes in almost all seats.

mkrishna100

But for Kerala, Punjab and TN, Congress would have faced single digits in this election.
Yes that is what I am saying - Wisdom prevailed upon RG to respect local leaders Opinions and sentiments and these 3 states responded well .
In Delhi APP was keen on tie up with Congress and who knows they would have won 3-4 seats with a tie up but Delhi leadership told RG strictly no tie up with AAP and RG followed it and the results were Zero but Congress has vastly improved its Vote share than last time in Delhi I feel . So success or failure - respect local sentiments and help local leaders grow and do not feel threatened like the way IG or RG got threatened and that led to the slow decay of congress at the State level

mkrishna100

Jothimani beating Thambidurai is the biggest story from Tamil Nadu I think - Again an instance of RG respecting hardworking local candidates inspite of the fact that she did not have the money power or muscle power like her Rival .Of course the alliance with DMK did help her in this election but this is a proof of how encouraging strong hard working local candidates will give you rewards . This is the way for congress rebuilding itself - tough task but must go slowly and steadily and Punjab under Capt Amriender Singh has shown the way and the same must be repeated at other places .

KRN

This is the problem Congress is having - no strong local leaders - YSR started his own party , Sharad Pawar floated his own outfit in Maharashtra , Mamta Banerjee floated her own Party in Bengal . Luckily Congress won in Rajastan , MP ,CG though with not great margin but have captured power and he must give the state leadership a free hand to groom their own leadership instead of imposing from Delhi .
Per your own argument, Cong had strong local leaders in Ashok Gehlot and Sachin Pilot in Rajasthan. These leaders won the state for the party less than 5 mths back. These state leaders decided the Parl Candidates, did extensive campaigning. And yet what is the result? 0 / 25. Gehlot son himself lost.

In MP the contestants were well known local leaders like Diggy Raja, Scindia scion, Chhindwara king etc. They had played a part in the assembly victory. Yet they all have lost. Cong is staring at 0 / 29.

This is a warning to both the National Parties BJP . Congress - respect local leaders , local culture

This election had a very centralized campaign focused Modi and his government, and had little or nothing to do with local leaders. Many winning BJP candidates are last minute turn coats who were often opposed by the local BJP leaders but who, nevertheless, apparently succeeded due to other reasons, including the so called Modi wave.

tbs

hi

i was surprise in bhopal seat....the sadhvi got won?.....digvijay singh?.....many surprises...

KRN

Yes that is what I am saying - Wisdom prevailed upon RG to respect local leaders Opinions and sentiments and these 3 states responded well.
Really???
TN results have nothing to do with the "wisdom of RG" or the sentiments of local Cong "leaders". it is well known that Cong was riding piggyback on DMK. Had they fought alone, they would have been fourth or fifth placed. In Punjab the clash between Amarinder and Sidhu was well in the open!! Anyway these are fringe states! The "wisdom" of RG is so evident that for the second time running his party is unlikely to even get the post of leader of opposition, and got zero or negligible score in many of the states that really mattered, and he himself lost his "pocket borough" to an enterprising Smruti Irani!

I didn't mean to write about RG - I thought he showed a lot of grace in accepting defeat today. But it is interesting to see that despite all these stuff you've been writing about "wisdom of RG" and so on and so forth you are yet to issue a line of congratulation for the victors or a statement on what could have led them to a victory of such a magnitude. But perhaps that is expecting too much from you.

KRN

What the NDA achieved today is nothing short of a phenomenal victory - their vote share in the major states, like UP, MAH, MP, GUJ hover around, or beyond the 50% mark - and they have achieved 45% of the national vote which is unbelievable, considering they are the incumbent government. As for the seats tally I am reminded of a cricket analogy. For a long time, Gavaskar's 236 n.o used to be the highest score by an Indian batsman in a test innings,until VVS Laxman took it to 281. Still the 300 mark seemed beyond the reach. Until master blaster Virender Sehwag arrived and made resounding scores of 309 and 319 against Pakistan And S.Africa. In a similar way the NDA combine raised the bar and breached the 300 mark not once but twice, consecutively, a "penchant for big scores" as it is referred to in Cricket.

Raman74

Really???
you are yet to issue a line of congratulation for the victors or a statement on what could have led them to a victory of such a magnitude. But perhaps that is expecting too much from you.
Well said

That shows the missing of even an iota of humility.

India’s longest election has ended in a grand finale, an historic victory, it is a THUMPING MAJORITY, a landslide win, etc etc. The fate of over 8,000 candidates who contested in 542 constituencies was declared. Lot of leaders were defeated pathetically.

Now the mandate of the public proved that Modi has gained the complete confidence of majority of the citizen during his tenure and they wanted him to lead the nation and they believe that this Government will deliver the goods promised and they also believe that the country under this Government is showing progress in all aspects and they also believe that this Government is corruption-free, etc etc There are people, who believe that economic reform measures like Demontization, GST, etc are worth for implementation and they stand by Modi for the same.

In this connection, I would like to reiterate that in this Forum we had a thread under the caption ‘Modi’s Government score card ...................................’ This thread survived for eight months and there were nearly 427 replies and viewed by 15,000.

Such threads were started by the Torch bearers of Anti-Modi Brigades and there were two efficient jalras for second fiddling.

This Torch bearer of Anti Modi Brigade, has done lot of home work in searching in net ‘Anti-Modi’ materials, viz Cartoons, Memes, etc and was posting them regularly with the hope of brainwashing every reader. They were atrociously abusive with ill will against Modi and BJP in particular.

And the two jalras, on their part, have also tried their best to grab the golden opportunity and were mindlessly posting biased opinions and baseless C n P materials with prejudice. This group was tirelessly posting ‘Anti-Modi postings, and were blindly spewing venom without knowing what is the ground reality.

One cannot forget the disdain postings against Modi. There were negativities and hatred in most of the posts. There were postings demeaning and belittling the National leader. There were disparaging remarks and sarcastic comments,etc. Their postings gave a definite impression to readers that they are biased and prejudiced. There were sinister and deep rooted malice existed in most of the postings. Facts don’t matter to them. There was no justification and they took advantage of silence of other members except one or two who wanted to have a meaningful debate.

Going by the postings, one can easily define them that they have no knowledge in local politics and go by the news reports which are mostly fake one, biased and thus they proved that they suffer under ‘FROG-IN THE WELL MINDSET’.

And those who question them or try for a meaningful debate will be termed as stupid, moron, idiot, etc

These filtered idiots would have by now realized that they were so far wandering in dreamland that their experience in politics is absurd and they grossly misjudged Indian politics.They would have also realised that the public are better informed and took wise decision by voting BJP and thus avoided an inexperienced politician who freely in lie and yet to show signs of maturity coming to power, which would have proved a disaster to the Nation.

They would have also now realised that with only claim of dynastic lineage and repeated lies one cannot aspire for the post of Prime Minister of a largest democracy in this world.

Hope, this Anti-Modi Brigades assemble at one point and play ஒப்பாரி loudly. Let them take their own time and prepare themselves and do this for their own peace of mind and solace as their hopes were not fulfilled and were disappointed.

Last but not the least, need to thank the Moderator who wisely closed that thread and rendered justice to the Forum.

It is better that such Arm chair political analyists keep away from commenting on politics. It is disgusting to read their vomiting here.

I have more gun powder to share..... :)

PS: Will there be a thread as to what is the score card of 'Rahul Gandhi as Opposition leader' ..?

I agree that for a healthy democracy, we need a strong Opposition. But these people are jokers.

We have a mandate.... this is democracy...a strong and healthy democracy....let us cherish, preserve and strive to further strengthen it.

1558943704032-png.7493 Parliament Elections 2019 Results

1558961701671-png.7494 Parliament Elections 2019 Results

Last edited:

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts