• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

PARENTS of BRAHMIN GIRLS : Helping you in FILTERING professional details of I T Groom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a quick write-up and then the assistance-guide [ purport ( message ) ]

Recently at ISKCON, the wife of a Upper Middle Class Retired Manager from the Chemical Industry, a brahmin Lady native of Trichy, she asked me in chaste tamil (manipravalam- ancient tamil spoken by brahmins- the usual sanskrit mix spoken by iyers and iyengars )

" What do you do for a living ? "

I told her " I am an Entrepreneur of 5 years now "

She retorted " No, No all that is fine. What do you do for a Living ? "

I tried to explain to her that I was a Senior Manager with Ten years of Solid Experience and now for five years, on my own and then I told her about Bank Loans for SMEs, Corporate Funding, Venture Capitalists, New Innovations, IPs, Trademarks and the New Evolved Indian "

She pounced upon me :)

" I am asking you what you do for a Living and you are giving a lecture. I am shocked to hear that you quit a Senior Manager's Role and are doing something on your own.

Will any sane person leave a job and open shop ? It is not for Brahmins.

Why should you leave a secure job ? Madhiyai thun vashatthil veitthavan sindhicchu mudiv yeduppaan.

Why should you avail of a bank loan when Life is so comfortable today ? why pay high interest upon loan and take that risk ?

I told her that those 1970s risk days are over. Now options are many and economy has opened up. We are moving on similar lines of the USA, what it was around THIRTY years ago, both in the Good and Bad.

She did not budge. She started off “ My daughter is a Team Leader. At this age of 27. We are almost finalizing an alliance, but the groom is not an MBA and I am reluctant although my daughter is not bothered.

My Niece is a Manager in an I T Company. She has a VISA and has been sent by the company twice to America.

They earn good salary and perks and you are telling me that you left all that. It is RIDICULOUS.

Ok, tell me anyway, How do I find out who is highly qualified and in an advantageous position, while finalizing a bride-groom for my daughter ? ".

I tried explaining to her about PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED as being the most valued, INNOVATORS in the I T Industry and it was quite some effort.
I even tried comparison method. I said “ HERE IN INDIA, LAB TECHNICIAN means a LOW-LEVEL job. But say, in Canada, it is not so “.
Then, I told her to visit the Internet and check out information about Innovation and Entrepreneurship and Corporate Funding, SME Loans,..etc

She pounced again " I use the Internet. My daughter has gifted me a HP laptop and broadband. I also have a MTS data card given by her so that I can use it when I travel. Do not assume that I do not know the Internet. I advise ladies club members on many cooking and home-remedial matters and different self-made methods. You can never get such dishes in any book. We do all combinational stuff.
So does that make me an INNOVATOR ?.

I have never seen on the Internet, any such discussion about what you are telling me. "

I was struggling to guide her to the concept of BLOGS among professionals and Entrepreneur Online forums ".

But she refused to budge.

She was firmly of the opinion

" Either you are employed with a huge MNC or some small time company or you are not doing anything worth-while ".

Luckily to my rescue ( and my hanky - wet from the sweat of the effort :), her niece entered and told her

" sitthi, why do you need all that now ? unnaala ippo pudhussa vaasikkavum mudiyaadhu. unakku adhellaam ippo puriyaadhu. aathukk povom. nyaathikazhamai, naan vokkaandhundu yellaam padamaagave pottu kaatrein. vaa ".

She then tendered a quick apology to me and left. I said " That is ok. Nothing wrong. she is fromthe Old School of thought."

It was then that I realized that LESS THAN ONE PERCENT of the parents of brahmin women, are INTERNET SAVVY.

A LESSER PERCENTAGE are aware of the PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED and an Even Lesser Percentage are aware of ENTREPRENEURS and INNOVATIONS.

You SHOULD NOT expect them to look up a naukri or timesjob to know about SAP, ORACLE, CLOUD, ANALYTICS,..etc

Their mind is conditioned and tuned to the age-old concept of " MONTHLY SALARY WITHDRAWN USING DEBIT CARD AND SHUTTLE BUS DROPPING EMPLOYEES AFTER OFFICE HOURS "

I felt it is high time i pen a quick and brief one here for ALL MOTHERS AND RELATIVES heading to the PAST ( 1990s ), seeking for that BRIDEGROOM WITH

B.E. / B.Tech and then M.E. / M.Tech and then MBA
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are some quick ones.

Well, it actually DOES NOT operate that way as you feel it does. Those days are over with the 1990s when we had just opened our eyes to the ECONOMY BOOM.

Today, ALL the qualifications of B.E.,...etc gets a TICK MARK at the ENTRY POINT.

Beyond that ENTRY POINT, we do not attach any importance to it.

Even at the Entry Point, We look for exposure to COLLEGE and UNIVERSITY, essentially so, since that proves a point or two that the person has been through A ROUTINE DISCIPLINED EDUCATIONAL TRACK.

We are fine with even the DIPLOMA holders / 12th and above ( If he/she has a minimum of 5 - 7 years of SOLID WORK EXPERIENCE. )

___ PARENTS OF GIRLS, MAKE IT A POINT TO SEARCH FOR " PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS. CHECK FOR THE WORD

" PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED " ___ These guys are actually and truly the ones responsible for a project to be assigned to a company. Their knowledge serves the business purpose.
What needs to be served to the client by the sales team, to get a project, that is a different story and not required here. It is a different world and let me not get into RFPs, vendor selection, influence,…etc.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seek information from the groom/ his parents " IS YOUR SON PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED ?
Do not HOOK ON to those B.E / B.Tech / M.Tech / MS / MBA.
Anyway, in today’s dual – degree by distance method, it is not a tough thing to achieve.
PUT THIS QUESTION TO THEM :

IS HE CERTIFIED IN SKILLS SUCH AS CLOUD COMPUTING, SALES FORCE, DIGITAL MARKETING, SAP, ANALYTICS, SUPPLY CHAIN, H R GENERALIST/ CONSULTANT,
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, etc ?

Some guys do not get certified due to the HEAVY FEE for the ONLINE EXAMINATION TOWARDS CERTIFICATION.

BUT THEY WOULD BE HEADING THE TEAM DUE TO THEIR VAST WORKING EXPERIENCE IN THAT DOMAIN ( SPECIALIZATION )

So, be particular in seeking information DOES HE POSSESS AMPLE EXPERIENCE in whatever field he is working in ?

Repeatedly question them

" IS HE PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED / EXPERIENCED " ?

If they reply saying " He is a B.E. / MBA,...etc "

Repeat your question, this time in a different way.

" That is his BASIC qualification.

For BETTER GROWTH PROSPECTS WITHIN THE COMPANY, is he PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED with Certifications or EXPERIENCED with SKILLS '

Repeatedly use the word SKILLS and they would enquire with their SON and you make a note of it

CLOUD COMPUTING, SALES FORCE, DIGITAL MARKETING, SAP, ANALYTICS, SUPPLY CHAIN, H R GENERALIST/ CONSULTANT,
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, etc ?

Now, convey this to your daughter and / or NIECE and seek clarifications about the demand for that particular skill in the I T Industry.

THESE PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED CHAPS ARE PAID HUGE AMOUNTS ( USUALLY SENIOR MANAGERS HAVE A GOOD PART OF BUDGET ALLOCATED TO PAY THESE GUYS MORE ( UPTO 30 OR EVEN 60 PERCENT HIKE TO ENSURE THAT THEY REMAIN WITHIN THE COMPANY )

promotions - THESE GUYS ARE PREFERRED... Most of the Managers and above, are usually these SKILLED chaps.

client interfacing- THESE GUYS ARE PREFERRED... Due to their Subject Matter Expertise

IT IS EASIER FOR THESE GUYS TO LAND UP WITH A JOB OFFER than those ROUTINELY qualified guys.

Yes, ONSITE assignments, we usually send a majority of the BASIC QUALIFICATION chaps and only a minority of these seniors.

That is more due to the requirement of the business ASSIGNMENTS, where we need staff for the LABOUR INTENSIVE applications that need MINIMAL INTELLECTUAL PROWESS.

SO, if you are seeking a bride-groom in the I T Industry, then understand the following points.

1. I T Services Pay more than the Pure Software companies

2. 4.25 to 7 Lakhs per annum is a standard budget allocation as salary. Beyond that we would not sanction more to the Project Manager for his team.

We ourselves would be under pressure to maintain a MINIMUM PROFIT of THIRTY SIX percent of the REVENUE

3. If you find a bride-groom who says he is aged 27-31 and his salary is above 6 lakhs, go in for the BIG GUY.

He would obviously be earning in the range of 6 Lakhs to 13 Lakhs and would have atleast 4 - 5 years of experience.

Beyond 13 Lakhs per annum and a position of PROJECT MANAGER, few make it. Not all guys.

It takes a lot of SKILLS and ABILITIES to be considered for those MATURE UPPER REGION SLOT.

Beyond a Project Manager is a Program Manager and salaries exceed 13 lakhs and land at 24 to 27 lakhs and some even upto 31 lakhs per annum.

EVEN THE SON OF YOUR VAADHYAAR MAAMA might be a Project Manager.

So, unless you enquire, do not conclude.

{ BUT BE COMPASSIONATE. IT HAS A LOT TO DO WITH CORRUPTION, JEALOUSY, POLITICS,...etc that THE MEN HAVE TO CROSS. IT IS A TOUGH WORLD FOR THE MEN.
Innee pozhudhu pocchu naalai yennavo naarayana… this is how tough it is for MEN in this HUGE WORLD. So, be practical and understanding enough.

ENGLISH SKILLS ARE ANOTHER CHALLENGE.

IT IS A TRICKY SITUATION.

A MAN AT THE TOP ( say VICE PRESIDENT ) wants A MANAGER to be Young but also CULTURED AND CIVILIZED since that CLASS is what he needs within the board-room/ conference hall.

SO THE YOUNG CHAP HAS TO BE GENERATION YOUNG AND ALSO POSSESS THE CLASSICAL MIND-SET that sets his behavior to be one of UPPER CLASS ( Refined and Cultured ).

WHEN DIRTY POLITICS GETS IN, EVEN THE BEST STRUGGLE TO SURVIVE.

SO BE COMPASSIONATE AND BE KIND.

BE PRACTICAL AND UNDERSTANDING. FIX YOUR EYES ON THE NORMAL RANGE ( 5 to 9 lakhs per annum ).

NOT ALL MEN CAN SUMMON THE COURAGE TO TELL THE BOSS THAT HIS IDEAS ARE NOT GOING TO WORK.

EMIs, MEDICINES for PARENTS, RENT, ...etc etc etc would INVARIABLY PERCH ITSELF ON THE SHOULDERS OF THESE YOUNG CHAPS.

So, NOT ALL THE PROSPECTIVE BRIDE-GROOMS can earn beyond NINE OR TWELVE OR ABOVE IN LAKHS PER ANNUM.

If they do so, then they are the GIFTED ONES and LUCKY ONES. They are both GIFTED and LUCKY.

So, ask if they are PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED / EXPERIENCED. If YES, then be sure that within the next three years, he would be in a PRIVILEGED POSITION than his current status.

ALSO, LOOK AT THE AGE.

If at 31, he is yet a engineer, then something wrong somewhere in his professional career. Even if he is a senior engineer, he has crossed the river. Else, no. He is still struggling, for whatsoever reason.

If at 33, he is not leading a team, then definitely something wrong somewhere in his professional career.

If at 35, he is not, in the bare minimum, as ASST.MANAGER, then really he must have had it as a very tough journey, somewhere in his professional career, for whatsoever reason.

Last but not the Least, THOSE HUGE MNCs and JOB SECURITY is a STORY of the PAST.

The ANTS go to the Jaggery and pull it out.

Similarly, today most of these HUGE MNCs are the BED OF DIRTY POLITICS.
So, stress levels will be high in those HUGE MNCs.

So, go soft and be practical.

SEEK FOR DETAILS ABOUT PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED/ EXPERIENCED. if not today, then definitely tomorrow, he will EARN MORE AND become a MANAGER.

All the Best.

Shubham

Signed/-

The Bharadwaj Clan Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back