• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Pangaali Theetu and festival clarifications

Hi
My deceased Dad’s cousin (Periappa son) passed away this morning and have a few questions
1) I have seen the following possibilities - 13, 16 and 30 days as Theetu . Can someone please confirm the right number of days.
2) I have also been told in the past that we cannot celebrate festivals like Navrathri, Diwali for a year. Is that true for pangalis ?
3) Can I do Amavasya Tharpanam during this Theetu ?
4) Do I have to do kuzhi Tharpanam on 10th day

thanks for your help
VR

hi
you are having 10 days theetu. you have to do kuzhi tharpanam on tenth day. you need not do amavasai tharpanam. you should not celebrate festivals for one year. kidly read the book written by sarma sastrikal about these things in detail. i have down loaded that e book in another post in books and periodicals or some thing like that.

hi
you are having 10 days theetu. you have to do kuzhi tharpanam on tenth day. you need not do amavasai tharpanam. you should not celebrate festivals for one year. kidly read the book written by sarma sastrikal about these things in detail. i have down loaded that e book in another post in books and periodicals or some thing like that.
Thank you sir for your clarifications and I will look for the ebook. Not questioning our Shastras or what our elders have preached but given the number of Pangalis we have and lot of the elder generation is 80+ it seems unlikely that we will be able to celebrate any festivals in the near future. I am sure every family faces this situation and it was something people people in the previous generations faced a lot more because of the number of members in each family. How was this handled and did families miss out on festivals for several years in a row ?

thanks

Latest ads

Back