• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Overweight Tamil Brahmin pre teens

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

Vedic Overweight Boys.jpg

Attached picture was part of a number of pictures taken in Abu Dhabi recently. Click on it for a better view. It could be anywhere where tambrams gather together. This was a Veda contest and all the more glory to those who revel in it.

What dismayed me was the physical condition of these boys who are in their pre teens or early teens. All of them to a fault, were overweight, and many of them having breasts that would be the envy of any teenage girl.

I took the liberty of bringing this to the notice of the sponsor of the Veda contest...and thankfully he took it in good spirit. Here is our conversation copied verbatim

K: these are young boys. so many of them overweight! i think parents should take equal care of their physique as they do of their spiritual heritage. it is good for long term self confidence and approach to life. i think so.

Ganesan B Iyer Good correct observation. I will tell them. I will give the children, physical exercise/yoga class. along with the Vedaclass. For me time limitations. However I will inform their parents.......vedaclass ganesh,abudhabi

K: thank you Ganesan B Iyer . if you permit me to say so, the ownership of the physique should be with the parents. no more sweets, ice cream and overfeeding. good nutritious food three times a day. regular exercise. i used to have a science teacher who u...See More

Ganesan B Iyer: True. I will tell the parents of the children.

What is the reason these boys are so overfed by their doting mothers? Incidentally their daughters, also part of the same picture group, are all slim and well dressed. No wonder tambram women excel themselves wherever they go. No use telling them to choose spouses who turn out to be victims of sloth.

I am upset that in this day and age, mothers are being either overfeeding or making their sons so dependent, that their sons, instead of smart, handsome and confident and healthy youngsters with good physique, turn out to be fat with breasts and chubby cheeks. In the twenties and thirties, these look awful, and I can only imagine what it does to their self confidence.

Good physique building must start at a young age, and it starts with parents taking good care of what their boys eat, and ensure that they get good exercise, and team sports like soccer or basketball, to develop team spirit. Maybe it is time, that fathers spend some time with their sons, and focus not only on their educational or religious upbringing, but also pay equal attention to their sons developing a strong body and handsome physique. It will pay off in the long run.

Last edited:
No use pushing them to yoga/exercise classes if home ambience is restrictive and extracting to push academic excellence only.

hi

more junk foods...a lot of pizzas/french fries/burgers....no exercise....ONLY COMPUTER/IPAD GAMES ARE PLAYED....no

physical activity......

k ji
It is not TB kids alone who are over weight and look over healthy[in north fat are called healthy.]

due to opening of economy. people have become affluent and lfood preferances
have changed

most youngsters prefer fast foods to home cooked foods.

most women are not prepared to make breakfast home for school kids.

it is only maggi ,colas and sugary drinks.

most have time only for school, TV and onlne games.

those who play outdoor games are from poorer sections of society.

Once the kids reach ninth standard, only academics and hardly any outdoor activity.

Life has got very competitive. No interest in sports any more.

Most sportsmen /women in india at the highest grade are from rural areas or small towns.

Urban people are no more team players.

They are in rat race for academic performance

Last edited:
k ji
It is not TB kids alone who are over weight and look over healthy[in north fat are called healthy.]

thanks krish.

i still would like our folks to be aware of the damage they are doing to their boys, become enlightened parents and take care of them better. that others are getting fat is no excuse. i think so.

TBs are no different from other sections of society.

It is no excuse, it is a fact to be faced.

Indian children are becoming fat and obses like american or canadian kids.

this is because of affluence and easy money in hands of the young.

you require bodhi tree in every home to make parents from indulging their children.

View attachment 5643

Attached picture was part of a number of pictures taken in Abu Dhabi recently. Click on it for a better view. It could be anywhere where tambrams gather together. This was a Veda contest and all the more glory to those who revel in it.

What dismayed me was the physical condition of these boys who are in their pre teens or early teens. All of them to a fault, were overweight, and many of them having breasts that would be the envy of any teenage girl.

I took the liberty of bringing this to the notice of the sponsor of the Veda contest...and thankfully he took it in good spirit. Here is our conversation copied verbatim

K: these are young boys. so many of them overweight! i think parents should take equal care of their physique as they do of their spiritual heritage. it is good for long term self confidence and approach to life. i think so.

Ganesan B Iyer Good correct observation. I will tell them. I will give the children, physical exercise/yoga class. along with the Vedaclass. For me time limitations. However I will inform their parents.......vedaclass ganesh,abudhabi

K: thank you Ganesan B Iyer . if you permit me to say so, the ownership of the physique should be with the parents. no more sweets, ice cream and overfeeding. good nutritious food three times a day. regular exercise. i used to have a science teacher who u...See More

Ganesan B Iyer: True. I will tell the parents of the children.

What is the reason these boys are so overfed by their doting mothers? Incidentally their daughters, also part of the same picture group, are all slim and well dressed. No wonder tambram women excel themselves wherever they go. No use telling them to choose spouses who turn out to be victims of sloth.

I am upset that in this day and age, mothers are being either overfeeding or making their sons so dependent, that their sons, instead of smart, handsome and confident and healthy youngsters with good physique, turn out to be fat with breasts and chubby cheeks. In the twenties and thirties, these look awful, and I can only imagine what it does to their self confidence.

Good physique building must start at a young age, and it starts with parents taking good care of what their boys eat, and ensure that they get good exercise, and team sports like soccer or basketball, to develop team spirit. Maybe it is time, that fathers spend some time with their sons, and focus not only on their educational or religious upbringing, but also pay equal attention to their sons developing a strong body and handsome physique. It will pay off in the long run.
thank you shri kunjuppu for making me happy to see your posting after a very very long time. how do i keep in touch with you ...by mail? if yes..would be pleased to take first mail from you.. my mail id is [email protected] namaskaram

Not only the current children from TB community, even aged and middle aged Shastrigals and others dealing in full time religious activities are putting lot of weight. It may be due lack of hard labour.

Not only the current children from TB community, even aged and middle aged Shastrigals and others dealing in full time religious activities are putting lot of weight. It may be due lack of hard labour.

i & hopefully others, here dont care about vathyars putting on weight. we always had heavy weight vathyars at home :)

it is the next generation, and i feel, the parents are at a fault. how many of us have seen parents, including our own, when we say that we have had enough, the mother add another chattugam of rice on top of a already full heap? these things have to stop.

it is a simple matter of education. and telling the the long term effect. unless these mothers have a strong oedipal complex. i know of a couple of them here in toronto. only child. only son. the mother wont let him out of sight, and it is really strange to see a mother, hug and caress a teenager taller than herself, while the husband stands nearby, quiet.

spread the word for the need of taking care of the physique. just one relative or friend and then on to another and another...and maybe in a few years people would look to our boys as the epitome of male perfection, the same as what they do to our daughters today.

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

In Sing. Chennai, I find lot of obese school going girls! And they become fatter when they go to college. They eat a lot of junk food.

When the 'search' for a partner starts, they go on a crash diet and look like ghosts! Yeah! 'paruththava eLaichAl pEy pOla!

I think all the parents need to be educated to watch what their children eat and see that they have a good physique - boy or girl. :)

BTW, when we searched for brides for the handsome boys in our family, we DID have problem in finding a 'not so fat' girl!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back