• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oonams and Maasiyams

Kulathu Sankar

Namaskarams.

My father passed away in Chennai India on 29 August 2020. Aavani, Shukla Paksham, Dwadasi Thithi.

I am the eldest son, living in Toronto Canada. My three younger brothers and a sister are in Chennai. Because of Covid and flight restrictions, I could not come to India for the final rites.

My immediate younger brother with other relatives completed the 13 day ceremonies @ Chennai.

I completed the Kuzhi Tharpanam on 10th day and shubham here, as advised by the local Sastrigal.

Please clarify:

1. Where the oonam and other Maasiyams are to be performed?
2. The local Sastrigal says, being the eldest, I have to complete the oonam and other monthly rituals here in Canada.
3. The Sastrigals @ Chennai advise, as all other samskaras were performed by my brother, only he can complete them there.
If I have to do, I need to go to Chennai and complete all rituals and then do the maasiyams.
4. Can both of us do the oonams and Maasiyams (Myself here and my brothers in India)

We are unsure about travel to India now or in the near future.

Thanks you and await your response.

Kulathu Sankar

The kanchi sage maha periva says there is no use of doing these rites in canada. your immediate younger brother must do masikams in chenai itself. you need not do anything in canada. both of you should not do masikams. only annual sratham must be done separately .

The kanchi sage maha periva says there is no use of doing these rites in canada. your immediate younger brother must do masikams in chenai itself. you need not do anything in canada. both of you should not do masikams. only annual sratham must be done separately .
Thank you very much. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Latest ads

Back