• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Now it is Sun TV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pannvalan

Whatever suits the accused or his advocate only will be highlighted to defend their case.

Whether they accept it or nor, these people were born Hindus. That's why they cannot venture to criticise the other religions. They are well aware of the dangerous consequences, if they do it.

anandb

I read about this in another forum but did not care to post it here because some people will ask me to grow up. It is a done thing. When something has to be said about Hinduism for Sun TV, there is only one way the script is written. As long as viewers accept it, the mainstream media will continue to function like this.

Raghy

My children are fortunate in this regard. Recently, a six or seven week serial in ABC TV (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), just a couple of weeks in one of the commercial TV about Kasi and Ganga were telecasted. (one week episode was all about Agories. They were not shown in bad light at all). All the programmes were of high quality in contents; the narrators patiently explained about the beliefs and the whole works. No part of the programme was sarcastic or based on lies. (I would be one of the persons to sue the TV company to eat their words in public).

I think if there is dishonest propoganda, then the TV station should be sued. I don't mind if our forum likes to do that. I am more than happy to support such actions. Inaction will never bring justice.

Cheers!

RVR

Self Criticism is part of Hinduism. We are more broadminded as compared to other religions.

Let us view criticism in an objective way and try to correct it wherever possible.

All the best

Raghy

Whatever suits the accused or his advocate only will be highlighted to defend their case.

Whether they accept it or nor, these people were born Hindus. That's why they cannot venture to criticise the other religions. They are well aware of the dangerous consequences, if they do it.
Sri.Pannvalan Sir,

The DK party and such parties are politically motivated. They don't really have an iota of interest for the betterment of dalits. Once Sanal Edamurukku applauded caste Brahmin community for the changes they are bringing to their own community addressing the social injustices (I don't have the link right now; will try to bring it on demand. I remember reading it though). Sanal Edamurukku was condemned by such parties.

They can not be critical about Christianity, lest the funding would stop; they can not criticise Islam, lest their heads would be lost.

Cheers!

amala

I saw it as well on the programme called Nijam as the article states. They had a few episodes on Kashi, showing Agoris eating human flesh, smoking ganja and just generally how they live. Also after that they showed many eposides of Haridwar, Rishikesh and Badrinath especially Siddhargal and holy men.

I guess they were showing what is happening anyway but I had to answer many uncomfortable questions asked by my English friends watching it with me.

DURGADASAN

The life of aghoris is exceptionally different from ordinary beings. Imagine whether other people can smoke like them??? they will certainly die. But see the agori sadhus how aged they were. They find equality in all beings. They did not find any highness in anything. For them even a royal hotel food will be equivalent to that of corpse. Everyone has words to criticise them, but is there anyone who can live just like that?? Such a highly dedicated spritual life they are leading. I did not find any fault in the way they live. Ofcourse we are not the ones to judge them.

The way the media projects them was really bad... Disgusting. They showed as if they eat only corpse. It should be opposed.

Pranams...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts