• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Nose pin

I would wait until the child herself wants it.

I have heard that:
Often times, the left side of the nose is the most preferred side for piercing. According to Ayurveda, the left side of the women's nose corresponds with their reproductive organs. When the nose is pierced, it helps in reducing the pain during childbirth and may have some positive effects on conditions like endometriosis.

I do not have faith in this.

I recently got my nose pierced after thinking much on
*If I shud actually get it pierced
*how much difference would it make
*what are all possible pros n cons
And finally I got it pierced on right side of the nose basis the three logics
*I have my hair cut in such a way dat my hair over my left side of the face so I wanted the piercing the opp side
*The other thing I learnt is that if u have any prominent mole on one side of ur face it's good to get the piercing done on the opposite side.
It's all up to you at the end of the day which side u wanna get it done. But I must admit that it makes lot of difference.

Most women ger nose pierced and wear nose diamond either side of the nose
Men wear ear studs diamond ones .
Modern days who cares about piercing.
Some wear mose rings without piercing .
Artificial ones which can be used and changed often are popular

Nose piercing, ear piercing and Pottu in the Netthi are all acupuncture points or varma pottu. So, it was included in Hindu culture. Also with poverty these golden ornaments were economic savior in case of severe and expensive medical treatment, thus an investments. So, even men use o have the ear pierced. I have a 7 Pushparaga stones ear ring which I gave to my wife. hey are appraised as high as 5000 Rs. Not a bad investment. Along with adding beauty and as a way of enhancing self confidence, these are options only.

I was told by an Indian Physician living gin the USA, that when we produce +ve electrical charges - Hair, nylon sari, carpets etc., produce about 3000 microvolts which gives a shock when we tough a metal pat - door handle, refrigerator etc. Gold in human body decimates it. So, in the west girls now sated nose and ear piercing thus what functionally illiterate girls in India do does not matter. First 50,000 Aplle II computers got shorted and the above reasons were discovered. Our tragedy is not to document any thing as it was looked upon as bragging, has resulted in misunderstandings. Temples with out too much ventilation prevented air born diseases by lighting camphor. Now we follow this routine without knowing the real medical knowledge and feel guilty if we don’t light camphor which creates carcinogens changes.

Latest ads

Back