• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Nityashree and Sowmya in Thyagaraja Festival at Music Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahmanyan

Today I got a message from my cousin, which I copy hereunder:

"Nityashree and Sowmya render soulful music on Saint Thyagaraja At Academy"

"I had the opportunity of attending the performance on 3rd evening of the both the renowned artists
at the Music Academy on the Occasion of one day Thyagaraja festival. The hall was jam packed
because Nityshree sang for the first time after personal tragedy. It was pure and devout rendering
of selected songs. Nityashree was in a simple dress. It was great day to see her revival so quickly
and many were moved. "

Let us hope and pray that good things follow to her from now on.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I too hope so!
I totally agree with the statement made by Mr.S.S
in another thread that ordinary people should not
marry the extraordinary or very talented people.

In fact now her music will have more impact since people will not be distracted by the colorful sari,

fancy blouse and ornaments etc. They will just mind the business they had gathered for - namely

listening to deva gaanam rendered after asura saadakam by a good and talented human being.

Smt. M.S.S also changed her avatar after the demise of Sri. Sadaasivam.
Her large and prominet kumkum was replaced by simple sandal mark on the forehead.
It made her even more dignified and respectable than before! :hail:

Hello Brahmanyan sir, Very soothing news to hear. Iam very happy ,that she is back to form,hope the almighty gives physical,mental powers.Thanks for sharing this good news with us.:pray2:

Nithyashree is Back

The Nightingale is back! Way to go, Nithyasree! | Sulekha Creative

"Feb.3, Sunday evening was special at The Music Academy Madras/Chennai. For, it was a special concert to celebrate Sri Thyagaraja as an aradhana. Special by two well known vocalists - S Sowmya and Nityashree Mahadeva. Special because Nityashree came on stage a month after she bore a personal tragedy - losing her husband. And the wonderfulness of this concert was the free spirit, verve and passion with which Nityashree performed this evening. With that trademark smile and expressive eyes." (courtesy: Kutcheri Buzz)

Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled the light. ~ Albert Schweitzer They - Sowmya and Nithyasree - may be competitors alright but the picture above (courtesy: Kutcheri Buzz) clearly shows the basic human warmth and camaraderie between the two singers. Kudos to Sowmya for having shared the stage with Nithyasree yesterday. The first outing when you stage a comeback after a personal tragedy is the most difficult one and a little bit of support at that critical juncture, is of immense help indeed.
Nithyasree, by bouncing back so soon, has proved that it is all about regenerative capability really because as somebody said "the issue is not simply surviving difficult times, or about emerging stronger, more capable, and wiser than before - it is about having your regenerative capabilities so that you can take advantage of newer opportunities and finally store the capacity to deal with yet another, inevitable downturn that is waiting beyond the bend." May Nithyasree go from strength to strength now and may she bless us all with her divine music! Here's wishing her all the very best!
(MPEG VIDEO); PANCHA RATNA KEERTANAS ;24 JAN; "THYAGARAJA ARADHANA " AT TIRUVAIYARU - YouTube

I was very happy to see the photo of Smt. Nithyasree singing along with Smt. Sowmya, in today's TOI paper.

I hope and pray that Smt. Nithyasree will continue her career successfully with colorful dress too soon! :thumb:

I attended the concert in Music Academy. One has to really appreciate the courage and
determination of Nithyasree after her husband's death in Dec. She is exceptionally an
outstanding singer hailed from a very very very rich tradition of Carnatic Musicians.

The need of the hour is to encourage her to come out of the grief completely and
achieve great things in her music, like her patti DKP.

I pray to God to give enough strength and courage to overcome the tragedy and
achieve great laurels.

Regards,

S Chandrasekaran
Chennai 600 004

Nityashree and Sowmaya renders soulful music on Saint Tyagaraja at the Acadamy

I was very happy to see the photo of Smt. Nithyasree singing along with Smt. Sowmya, in today's TOI paper.
I hope and pray that Smt. Nithyasree will continue her career successfully with colorful dress too soon! :thumb:

Dear Mrs Raji Ram,

Well said. I agree fully that Nithyashree should continue her career with determination as before. She has
two lovely little daughters to take care and the goodwill of large number of concerned well wishers to support her.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

It is so nice to see Smt. Sowmya supporting Smt. Nithyasree!

285260_554487691236752_1205047908_n.jpg

Now a technical question to the (one of the???) musicologists of the forum...
Mrs. Nithyasree sings in much higher pitch than Mrs. Sowmya.
How did they sing together on the same dais
and whose pitch was selected??? Any idea???

Now a technical question to the (one of the???) musicologists of the forum...
Mrs. Nithyasree sings in much higher pitch than Mrs. Sowmya.
How did they sing together on the same dais
and whose pitch was selected??? Any idea???
The voices appear to be very shrill and low. But actually, Smt. Nithyasree used to sing in 6 when she started her career

and now her pitch is 5 1/2. Smt. Sowmya started with 5 1/2 and now sings in 5. So they can easily manage 5 1/4. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back