• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Neglected Temples

Lotusinsanskrit

A really welldone post. The word களக்காட்டூர் in the transcription of the stone engraving also refers to another Kalakadu in Tirnelveli District but not related. The pictures are nice but could be without flowers first and then with flowers. This will then beocme a historical preservation record. The pictures are sharp but a little more closeup would have been wonderful. This is not a complaint but a wishful thinking for future photographers.
Some more details as to the mode of transportation - bus, auto etc., would add value. Are there any one to feed for a fee and that includes preparing prasadam etc. May be it is too much to ask, but once you create a curiosity, it never stops. Thanks for your wonderful effort.
Only quoted the link and not personal experience this temple and this creates curiosity to see as I have visited surrounding temples of this temple உத்திரமேரூர்

Mani_Chennai

I visited this temple during. my childhood in 70s as my aunt and uncle are there and during recent times that is 2ks every one said that it is one among 275 பாடல் பெற்ற ஸ்தலம் and it is guru's ஸ்தலம் and so for every guru பெயர்ச்சி the crowd is so high until covid. Five years back I visted this temple and it is surprised to see a good thriving temple. If some one wants to see it's present look it is in Google and wiki.
Google collects all information about you and eventually your safety too will be affected. Please try down loading and installing DuckDuckgo.com a free MIT (USA) free browser. So, I never touch that site. No trouble so far. Since I have a firewall using an old computer and Linux Operating System, no one can highjack your information. If you are aware, please ignore this note, else move on to Dugduggo.com ( I am not their agent or promoter, just a happy user).

Mani_Chennai

Only quoted the link and not personal experience this temple and this creates curiosity to see as I have visited surrounding temples of this temple உத்திரமேரூர்
Just sharing is fine and you can be held accountable to sharing what you know. Unfortunately, when we write we need to control five concepts (which I most of the times)- Presupposition- I Know hence every one knows; deletion - leave out information' mind reading- guessing what is the intention of the writer, metathesis - transfer one experience in one area into another; generalization- make one experience as universal experience. You can see that lots of people here have the problem and the discussions go on tangent and express their personal prejudices. If you feel I have offended in any way, my profound apologies. Since the same Atma is in you, I will never hurt you, thus the same Atma everywhere. Just I am curious to learn and experience new things.

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks