• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Need to change western-imposed education system: Rajnath

• Thread starter V.Balasubramani
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Need to change western-imposed education system: Rajnath

New Delhi: Terming the present education system in the country as a victim of Macaulay's conspiracy", Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh today said that there was a need to change it and stressed on use of mother tongue.
"We are tied in a set pattern and there is need to come out of it. This is wrong to think that all knowledge is with the western countries. They learnt from us, but after the entry of Britishers a mentality developed that all the knowledge was with the western countries," Singh said addressing the 18th convocation of Jaipuria Institute of Management here.

The former BJP chief said if the education system introduced by British historian Thomas Babington Macaulay was the best, then why even after 67 years of Independence not a single institute of the country was among the best 275 universities and 100 technical institutes in the world.

Raising the question of language, Singh said, "Knowledge of other languages in necessary, but where conversing in mother tongue works, why should one speak in English."

"Therefore, our Prime Minister has decided that we will converse in Hindi to the possible extent. But this doesn't mean opposing any other language," he added.

Advising the students to free themselves from the pressure of foreign language and think in a free manner, Singh said that along with education, character building and following values were also important.

Read more: Need to change western-imposed education system: Rajnath

We have had this discussion. There was a thread about this couple of months ago. Please search the site before starting a thread.
It is just a suggestion.

This is today's news. Some search the world wide web with castor oil laden eyes to post anti modi irrelevant news by psec media, though it has been analyses threadbare hundreds of times. Just a suggestion!

The number of students studying in USA has gone up 94,563 to 103,260 in 2010–11.
In 2009, 19,205 Indian students were studying at UK institutions.Many Indians have chosen to study in Denmark and Norway. These Scandinavian countries offer many professional courses. There are about 100 Indian students in Poland, Studying: many subjects such as: Economy and Medicine.

Indian students are setting new stones towards foreign universities and institutions.The news confirmed by Nicholas Dirks, chancellor of the University of California, Berkeley said that the applications from India for the undergraduate programmes in the university were rising dramatically.
The number of candidates is increasing and according to the records last year about 1300 applicants from India applied for the undergraduate programmes out of which 150 students were admitted. As per Dirks, the number of Indians has doubled in the past five years and among 5000 international students in UC, Berkeley, 500 were Indians.
Berkeley is counted among the top ranked in the list of university rankings. The university’s faculty, alumni and the researchers have won about 72 Nobel Prizes, 15 Turing Awards, often referred to as the Nobel Prize of computer science, and 11 Pulitzer Prizes.

Tell that to all PIO around the world.
Non-resident Indian and person of Indian origin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tell that to your kid who is traveling to foreign counties for better future.

Mr.Macaulay who introduced 'English' in our education system had sent a report to British Parliament about the system of education prevalent in India during those times.
I request knowledgeable members to post that letter for information of all members.

Mr.Macaulay who introduced 'English' in our education system had sent a report to British Parliament about the system of education prevalent in India during those times.
I request knowledgeable members to post that letter for information of all members.

Krishnamurthy Ji,

Just Google search for ‘Macaulay, British Parliament 1835’, you will get treasure of information on this.

In his view, Macaulay divided the world into civilised nations and barbarism, with Britain representing the high point of civilisation. In his Minute on Indian Education of February 1835, he asserted, "It is, I believe, no exaggeration to say that all the historical information which has been collected from all the books written in the Sanskrit language is less valuable than what may be found in the most paltry abridgement used at preparatory schools in England". He...(was known for).. idealising historic British culture and traditions. (wikipedia)

"most paltry abridgement used at preparatory schools in England" ? What? No self-respecting Indian should stomach that.

Last edited:
Macaulay was born in October 1800. When he was hardly 13 years old, he wrote this letter to his father: 1800_1818_biog
Note how proud he is to claim to belong to the superior Scottish peasantry, rather than English peasantry.
-------------------------------------

Shelford: May 8, 1813.

My dear Papa, --As on Monday it will be out of my power to write, since the examination subjects
are to be given out I write to-day instead to answer your kind and long letter.

I am very much pleased that the nation seems to take such interest in the introduction of Christianity into India.
My Scotch blood begins to boil at the mention of the 1,750 names that went up from a single country parish. Ask
Mama and Selina if they do not now admit my argument with regard to the superior advantages of the Scotch over
the English peasantry.

(clipped)
Your affectionate son,
THOMAS B. MACAULAY.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back