• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

'My activity' and 'Friends'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raji Ram

It is good to have friends in our forum. But when a member accepts some friend requests, all the posts of those friends appear in

'My activity' column of that member, whether the posts are read or not! Even for members with zero activity, the posts by their

friends appears in his / her activity column! Is it possible to make only the messages posted by a member, appear in that column?

I hesitate to accept 'Friend request' only for this reason. :)

RR Mam,

When you accept one friend's request, all the postings of that friend will appear in 'My activity' column. Just click your name, then you will find only postings of yours and not that of your friend's. It is easy and just a click away.:)

Raji Ram

... When you accept one friend's request, all the postings of that friend will appear in 'My activity' column. Just click your name, then you will find only postings of yours and not that of your friend's. It is easy and just a click away.:)
I know that 'click'. But my question is, when a member does not even exist in forum (zero activity) why should all the posts

by the past friends occupy the cyber space? Is it not enough to have only the posts made by the member in 'My activity'?

prasad1

I know that 'click'. But my question is, when a member does not even exist in forum (zero activity) why should all the posts

by the past friends occupy the cyber space? Is it not enough to have only the posts made by the member in 'My activity'?
I do not know the legal requirement to hold the original post.
That post need not be duplicated so cyber space is not used. When it appears in your "friends" post it is merely a pointer to the original post. It may be misleading but data is not duplicated.

Raji Ram

I do not know the legal requirement to hold the original post.
That post need not be duplicated so cyber space is not used. When it appears in your "friends" post it is merely a pointer to the original post. It may be misleading but data is not duplicated.
If space is NOT wasted, it is fine! Thank you Prasad Sir. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts