• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Muslims beat Hindus to plum roles at Agra’s oldest Ramlila

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Muslims beat Hindus to plum roles at Agra’s oldest Ramlila

AGRA: At a time when incidents of communal discord have erupted across the country, a few Muslim men, in an attempt to bridge divides, have auditioned for and bagged plum roles at one of Agra's most prestigious Ramlilas.

At the Ramlila organized by the railways, the oldest in the city and one of its most popular, Muslim actors will be playing the coveted roles of Prince Bharat, Shantanu, the father of the tragic Shravan Kumar and a courtier at the King Janak's court.

Nawazuddin, 55, who never had any acting classes but landed the parts of Shantanu and Rishi Atri (mentor of Sabari) said, "On stage I'm simply an artist who wants to live the character which talks about humanity. Initially, my relatives and fellow community members questioned my faith and decision to participate in a Hindu religious drama, but for me my first religion is humanity and as its true follower, my duty is to spread it by all means."

Read more at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Agras-oldest-Ramlila/articleshow/49460205.cms

What has religion got to do with acting?

Not all actors are Hindus.

Shah Rukh Khan is a Muslim and he is almost always acting as a Hindu on screen.

Actor Vijay is a Christian and so is actor Vikram..but both of them are always acting as Hindus.

So what is the big deal here?

So what is the big deal here?

Doctor Mam,

Threads like a Muslim sister constructing a Hindu temple and Muslim brothers taking part in Ramlila are shared in this Forum only to spread the message ' prevalence of good sense', brotherhood, oneness, etc among us while there are threads like unfortunate lynching, killing, etc also shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back