• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Modi Government Score Card for the last 4.3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

In copying and pasting verify facts first. Email within Unix systems existed in many organizations in early 1980s . People communicated across systems with facilities like Usenet (or net news) but it was not internet as we know today. The author of the piece knows only internet based email as we know today and has jumped to conclusions.
Birds used to fly during Ramayana period, So Rama flew in Puspakviman. Case closed.

prasad1

In copying and pasting verify facts first. Email within Unix systems existed in many organizations in early 1980s . People communicated across systems with facilities like Usenet (or net news) but it was not internet as we know today. The author of the piece knows only internet based email as we know today and has jumped to conclusions.
I wish you understood Hindi, but then again you do not know even that. This video can not be translated.

Sorry.

prasad1

I am sorry I thought (at one time) that you could be an honorable human being, I am sorry.
Can you get paste hurling insult at others?

Yes, the same Modi said that you can transplant elephant head of a human child, and Modi Bhakts were falling over each other the prove the feasibility of that happening.

Philo Taylor Farnsworth was just 14 when he had the idea that would shape the rest of his life.
Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/farmboy-who-invented-television-while-plowing-180964607/#VEEWsgsfB7KfL0l2.99

Oh Lord Krishna should fight for that patent as He provided Sanjaya with the first TV.

a-TB

I am sorry I thought (at one time) that you could be an honorable human being, I am sorry.
Can you get paste hurling insult at others?

Yes, the same Modi said that you can transplant elephant head of a human child, and Modi Bhakts were falling over each other the prove the feasibility of that happening.

Philo Taylor Farnsworth was just 14 when he had the idea that would shape the rest of his life.
Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/farmboy-who-invented-television-while-plowing-180964607/#VEEWsgsfB7KfL0l2.99

Oh Lord Krishna should fight for that patent as He provided Sanjaya with the first TV.
I want to warn you and remind you of forum rules to not resort to personal attack. You have this habit of raising people's honor etc. whey they point out falsehoods in your copy and paste messages. Personal level attack is acceptable by the rules and guidelines of this forum. If you have issues with that rule please take that up with the forum owner.

I did not insult you. I pointed out flaw with your post. Your messages are mostly copy and paste variety and not always vetted for accuracy. Let me repeat the issue so you can understand the point

Email facility existed in many organizations including in India long before internet like email we know today. I know people who worked in companies in USA and academic institutions who used email but they were mostly at a departmental level. Some unix systems I am told used to communicate with others and hence electronic mail was in use in 1980s (early 80s in USA). I know of professors in certain academic institutions using email back in late 1980s.

So your post was factually incorrect. If you think that is an insult you have to learn what it means to debate on facts. If you want to dispute what I have said , go ahead. But stick to facts.

All your other comments are disjoint pieces of confusion and cannot be responded to .

prasad1

I want to warn you and remind you of forum rules to not resort to personal attack. You have this habit of raising people's honor etc. whey they point out falsehoods in your copy and paste messages. Personal level attack is acceptable by the rules and guidelines of this forum. If you have issues with that rule please take that up with the forum owner.

I did not insult you. I pointed out flaw with your post. Your messages are mostly copy and paste variety and not always vetted for accuracy. Let me repeat the issue so you can understand the point

Email facility existed in many organizations including in India long before internet like email we know today. I know people who worked in companies in USA and academic institutions who used email but they were mostly at a departmental level. Some unix systems I am told used to communicate with others and hence electronic mail was in use in 1980s (early 80s in USA). I know of professors in certain academic institutions using email back in late 1980s.

So your post was factually incorrect. If you think that is an insult you have to learn what it means to debate on facts. If you want to dispute what I have said , go ahead. But stick to facts.

All your other comments are disjoint pieces of confusion and cannot be responded to .
Oh poor innocent one, if you did not want to insult me personally, why do you always say that it is a copy paste as if you ever had an ORIGINAL thought. Don't throw the victimhood card as the moderator already knows your tactics of insulting others and then crying when you get it back.

prasad1

Fact Check: Could Modi have used a digital camera and email in 1988?
India Today's Anti Fake News War Room (AFWA) has found that Modi's claim regarding the use of digital camera and email in 1988 cannot be substantiated with credible facts.

Did Prime Minister Narendra Modi possess a digital camera and use email way back in 1988? Since the time he said this in a TV interview on Saturday, a big debate has been raging on social media about the veracity of this claim.

Modi was giving an interview to 'News Nation' when he made the claim. Modi said in Hindi: "I first used a digital camera, probably in 1987 or 1988 and very few had emails at that time In Viramgam tehsil, there was a rally of Advani ji so I had taken a photograph of him using that digital camera that time digital cameras were this big (movement of hands) I had one I had taken the photo and transmitted it to Delhi and the next day the coloured photo got published so Advani ji was surprised, how come the coloured photo got published the very next day in Delhi!"

Viramgam, which the PM referred to, is a tehsil in Ahmedabad district of Gujarat.
India Today's Anti Fake News War Room (AFWA) has found that Modi's claim regarding the use of digital camera and email in 1988 cannot be substantiated with credible facts.

In 1988, the Internet in India was at a very nascent stage and its use was limited only to experts and scientists. Also, it is very unlikely that he would have used a digital camera at that time. The reason: the first digital camera was launched in 1990 in the United States.

prasad1

There was no flaw in my post. The flaw is in misunderstanding a post.
If I say Mount Everest is the tallest mountain, you will say that there is a taller mountain in the Pacific Ocean. You have to understand the context to understand a post, I am sorry you are not able to do that.

Would it have been possible for an Indian to own a digital camera and use email in 1988 as claimed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his recent interview to TV channel News Nation? Facts to substantiate his claims are hard to find.

In response to a query during his interview with the News Nation television channel, the Prime Minister said: "Perhaps I was the first one to use a digital camera in 1987-88 and at the time, very few people had email. There was a rally of Advaniji in Viramga (Gujarat) and I clicked a picture of him on my digital camera...I had it that time. Then I transmitted the photo to Delhi and it was published in colour the next day. Advaniji was surprised that how his colour photo got published."

Available literature suggests the first digital camera was called the electronic still camera. It was patented in 1978, according to a New York Times blog.

Technology website 'Mashable' reported that several camera makers introduced multi-thousand dollar electronic still cameras for the professional market, including Canon with its RC-701 and Nikon with its QC-1000C, in the mid-1980s.

But these cameras were not commercially available in India at that time.

"Even if digital cameras were introduced in India in 1990, anyone could have been possessing them before that in India through a family/friend gift from a foreign country. We have to remember digital gadgets were one of the favourite gifts till 2000s by any foreign friend or family," said Faisal Kawoosa, Founder and Chief Analyst at market research firm techARC.

But using email to transfer the photo was an even more farfetched idea.

"Internet did start in India in 1986, but that was (ERNET) Educational Research Network project," Kawoosa said.

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/69330681.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts