• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Modi Government Score Card for the last 4.3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaagmi

Sadly, have to agree with you with all the shenanigans like namo film, namo tv, ads, social media drive, vindictive IT and ED raids, Modi ki sena, etc.. !!
I wonder why this govt is so desperate if they along with all opinion polls say they will win the election ??
Namo film is a film about Narendra Modi's life. What is the objection?
Namo TV is like anyother TV like Sun TV or is it (son TV?), ads are there from every party in the fray called election,Social Media Drive also done by every party in the fray. When you hide your wads of currencies in your construction site or your employee's house and if it is raided b y ED it is not a crime-the raid I mean. And the politician affected will call it vindictive. I just chuckle when I hear that. Modi ki sena is a harmless expression. Please elaborate if your interpretation is different. we can argue on that.

Vaagmi

Sir,
I am still awaiting your response to my query on how you can call a person who simply speaks out for Hindus as "Islamophobic".
Inconvenient questions will not be answered. Or will be replied with another C and P game. LOL.

prasad1

According to Modi bhakt, anything critical about Modi is Blasphemy.
At least In Ramayana time, people could question even Rama's action. Sadly those days are gone.

prasad1

Sir,
I am still awaiting your response to my query on how you can call a person who simply speaks out for Hindus as "Islamophobic".

Have you ever had any understanding of Islam? Have you ever posted anything supporting Islam, have posted any thread against persecution Of people of Islam?
You have taken every opportunity to paint Hindus as the victim.
Just because you wrap yourself in Tricolor, it does not mean that we can not see the saffron underneath. Please do not play games. If you do not understand the word Islamphobia please google it. You do not need my C&P.

Jaykay767

Namo film is a film about Narendra Modi's life. What is the objection?
Namo TV is like anyother TV like Sun TV or is it (son TV?), ads are there from every party in the fray called election,Social Media Drive also done by every party in the fray. When you hide your wads of currencies in your construction site or your employee's house and if it is raided b y ED it is not a crime-the raid I mean. And the politician affected will call it vindictive. I just chuckle when I hear that. Modi ki sena is a harmless expression. Please elaborate if your interpretation is different. we can argue on that.
Mr. Vaagmi Ji,
No one is denying that opposition is corrupt and indulges in nepotism, etc.. But remember, people voted for this govt to get away from such corrupt practices.

So this govt cannot justify the same actions by releasing namo tv, namo film, vindictive IT raids, etc..

On the vindictive It raids, once a govt does NOT play by fair rules, then democracy itself is at stake. And what stops the govt from raiding normal citizens when they oppose them ??

I hope you will agree that preserving democracy is more critical than supporting or opposing political parties and opinions.

JK

zebra16

Sir,
Our Resident, In-House, prophet PBUH, has declared you as "Islamaphobic". It means you are INDEED islamaphobic. No appeals, no arguments. You are now labelled. :)

KRN

Have you ever had any understanding of Islam? Have you ever posted anything supporting Islam, have posted any thread against persecution Of people of Islam?
I am just curious - have you taken it upon yourself to make a list of any/all members who have done the above acts in TB forum, and to brand every other member, as Islamophobic? Very interesting.

You have taken every opportunity to paint Hindus as the victim.
Are you saying, Hindus were never victims of communal violence? If there is anything factually wrong in the instances I quoted, or "opportunity" as you yourself refer to it, why don't you question it there and make it a point of debate? Or is it your perspective that, while Hindus have undoubtedly suffered a lot through communal violence, nobody should mention it in this forum, rather every member should unquestioningly accept the wise sayings of virtuosos like Nayantara Sehgal, which you would deign to share with us through C&P?

KRN

Our Resident, In-House, prophet PBUH, has declared you as "Islamaphobic". It means you are INDEED islamaphobic. No appeals, no arguments. You are now labelled. :)
A label to be proud of. Am quite flattered that my humble posts are so keenly followed by the resident C & P expert.

a-TB

Best suggestion in online life is to never engage with spammers in general. Spams can be of nuisance variety or it may be harmful also. Even so the general advice is to never engage with spammers. We all get inundated with spam email and one will invite trouble engaging with those email messages

Same applies here. If the spammer is abusive, report to the admin which is a better way to deal with such issues. It is not worth the time to engage directly

KRN

Just because you wrap yourself in Tricolor, it does not mean that we can not see the saffron underneath.
Sherlock Holmes, I have written multiple times in this forum that I voted for BJP last time. And I might do it this time too. So will millions of Indians. What is ur next accusation?
Please do not play games. If you do not understand the word Islamphobia please google it. You do not need my C&P.
It is already copy pasted for you, in that other thread. The only thing you have to fill in, is to connect the dots 😃

KRN

Best suggestion in online life is to never engage with spammers in general. Spams can be of nuisance variety or it may be harmful also. Even so the general advice is to never engage with spammers. We all get inundated with spam email and one will invite trouble engaging with those email messages

Same applies here. If the spammer is abusive, report to the admin which is a better way to deal with such issues. It is not worth the time to engage directly
You are right, and I had initially left the matter aside. But then I came across this other chit chat going on here btw zebraji and prasadji, so thought I will have some fun too.

Vaagmi

Mr. Vaagmi Ji,
No one is denying that opposition is corrupt and indulges in nepotism, etc.. But remember, people voted for this govt to get away from such corrupt practices.
So this govt cannot justify the same actions by releasing namo tv, namo film, vindictive IT raids, etc..
On the vindictive It raids, once a govt does NOT play by fair rules, then democracy itself is at stake. And what stops the govt from raiding normal citizens when they oppose them ??
I hope you will agree that preserving democracy is more critical than supporting or opposing political parties and opinions.
JK
Mr Jaykay,
Opposition is corrupt beyond doubt. Over the years it has been proved.
The corruption charges against this Govt. is not proved yet. It is just an accusation and the matter is in Court. Let the court pass a judgment and we will have to wait till then. I am not going to prejudge this Govt.

Namo tv or Namo film has nothing to do with ruling this country. They are about a leader. There are followers who bring them about to celebrate the leadership. They do not compel you to watch the tv or the film. Then why this shouting from the roof?

IT raids are conducted with sufficient reason and sufficient proof. So they can not be called vindictive. They will become vindictive only if the case is thrown out by the court. Till then every raided person is answerable to the Enforcement authorities. Every citizen has the right to go to court in appeal against any raid-vindictive or non vindictive. Let the affected people exhaust the legal remedies. Let us not again subscribe to the victimhood claims.

Democracy was at stake when emergency was declared in the country because a certain politician felt threatened by a court judgment against her.

Democracy is safe now and that is why however mighty a politician may be, he has to attend court and fight out his case.

There are many cases against the ex ministers dragging on, and let us wait.

In our anxiety to shout jaya ho to a politician, equanimity should not be dropped. That is my case.

Jaykay767

Mr Jaykay,
Opposition is corrupt beyond doubt. Over the years it has been proved.
The corruption charges against this Govt. is not proved yet. It is just an accusation and the matter is in Court. Let the court pass a judgment and we will have to wait till then. I am not going to prejudge this Govt.

Namo tv or Namo film has nothing to do with ruling this country. They are about a leader. There are followers who bring them about to celebrate the leadership. They do not compel you to watch the tv or the film. Then why this shouting from the roof?

IT raids are conducted with sufficient reason and sufficient proof. So they can not be called vindictive. They will become vindictive only if the case is thrown out by the court. Till then every raided person is answerable to the Enforcement authorities. Every citizen has the right to go to court in appeal against any raid-vindictive or non vindictive. Let the affected people exhaust the legal remedies. Let us not again subscribe to the victimhood claims.

Democracy was at stake when emergency was declared in the country because a certain politician felt threatened by a court judgment against her.

Democracy is safe now and that is why however mighty a politician may be, he has to attend court and fight out his case.

There are many cases against the ex ministers dragging on, and let us wait.

In our anxiety to shout jaya ho to a politician, equanimity should not be dropped. That is my case.
Mr. Vaagmi Ji,

How can it be that only opposition leaders are corrupt and hence IT raids are conducted ?? Not a single ruling party or their allies have been raided ??

Does this not go against the natural jurisprudence of fair play ??

a-TB

A label to be proud of. Am quite flattered that my humble posts are so keenly followed by the resident C & P expert.
Dear Mr KRN,

C&P expertise is actually valuable because out of huge amount of information out in the internet space, and someone could share very useful articles and promote discussions.

Looking at C&P activities in the forum, I do not think anymore we have that expertise. What we have is spam mostly, that is a turn off . Often the C&P is done without even reading the whole article.

Now I do not accept this narrative that if someone is for one political party or the other , they are for violence against any sects. The problem with C&P here is that there are many biased and unbalanced articles that are put out to create divisions around election time. Spammers across India use such articles to promote confusion in forums like this . Sometimes spamming happens out of sheer incompetence due to inability to do critical thinking and just post whatever appeals to low emotions..

A member who selectively posts negative news about India and Hindus most of the time should not be engaged with.

I think Hinduism itself embraces respect for all religions. I came across the following youtube message (someone forwarded the link in the social media)

Embracing the spirit of Hinduism itself means embracing broad mindedness. Let us ignore name calling people. I think Hinduism means respecting all religions provided they do not harm Hindus.

We come across cowards who try to propagate negative Hindu information. I liked the response of Mr Malhotra.

I know topic is about Modi government's score card.

Those that are anti Modi have to ask if they want the party that invented black money schemes like participatory notes and Mauricias black money schemes.

I do not know if participatory notes are still legal.

KRN

Dear Mr KRN,

C&P expertise is actually valuable because out of huge amount of information out in the internet space, and someone could share very useful articles and promote discussions.

Looking at C&P activities in the forum, I do not think anymore we have that expertise. What we have is spam mostly, that is a turn off . Often the C&P is done without even reading the whole article.
Spamming itself needs some expertise, to have the intended nuisance value :) Without that expertise, it is usually easy to ignore. Hence I think spamming is the least satisfactory usage of one's online time. If I come here seeking some info, and get it, either partially or fully, or if I share some info here in response to someone's query, or if I simply engage in some banter here, I get a certain satisfaction that the spammer is never likely to get. The spammer(s) here, if they disagree with me, might share their views :)

Now I do not accept this narrative that if someone is for one political party or the other , they are for violence against any sects.

The problem with C&P here is that there are many biased and unbalanced articles that are put out to create divisions around election time. Spammers across India use such articles to promote confusion in forums like this . Sometimes spamming happens out of sheer incompetence due to inability to do critical thinking and just post whatever appeals to low emotions..

A member who selectively posts negative news about India and Hindus most the time should not be engaged with.
Very true, and I fully agree. But I suppose we members belong to two broad categories here. The Active and the Reactive. I am a "Reactive" person in the sense that, I may be too lethargic to open threads of my own, but if someone opens a new thread, even with negative, biased news, I might pitch in with my inputs. If there are more Reactive
members like myself around here, then the "Active" spammers are going to gain more prominence, I suppose.

I think Hinduism itself embraces respect for all religions. I came across the following youtube message (someone forwarded the link in the social media)

Embracing the spirit of Hinduism itself means embracing broad mindedness. Let us ignore name calling people. I think Hinduism means respecting all religions provided they do not harm Hindus.
Thank you :)

We come across cowards who try to propagate negative Hindu information. I liked the response of Mr Malhotra.

I know topic is about Modi government's score card.

Those that are anti Modi have to ask if they want the party that invented black money schemes like participatory notes and Mauricias black money schemes.

I do not know if participatory notes are still legal.

KRN

. I think Hinduism means respecting all religions provided they do not harm Hindus.
Even though OT, I crave the indulgence of other forum members to write a bit here about my feelings about non-Hindu religions.

Whenever I hear the Adhaan, the call for prayer, from the Mosque nearby, I recollect -

आकाशात् पतितं तोयं यथा गच्छति सागरम् ।
सर्वदेवनमस्कारं केशवं प्रतिगच्छति ॥

Which is just a restatement of Gita (9.23) below

येऽप्यन्यदेवता भक्ता यजन्ते श्रद्धयाऽन्विताः।
तेऽपि मामेव कौन्तेय यजन्त्यविधिपूर्वकम्।।

Which, imo needs to be read with (9.24) and (9.25).

Sometimes I see the adherents of non-Hindu religions display great Sattwa guna traits and I recollect

यद्यद्विभूतिमत्सत्त्वं श्रीमदूर्जितमेव वा।
तत्तदेवावगच्छ त्वं मम तेजोंऽशसंभवम्।।10.41।।

I don't want to give translations here, lest someone picks on them to create needless controversy. The slokas numbers are given and translations (not necessarily always accurate) of abound in the web.

KRN

Sometimes I see or read about nonhindus displaying Rakshasic Gunas and recollect Gita (16.18)

अहङ्कारं बलं दर्पं कामं क्रोधं च संश्रिताः।
मामात्मपरदेहेषु प्रद्विषन्तोऽभ्यसूयकाः||

Which IMO needs to be read with (16.19) and (16.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts