• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mirage jets destroy Pakistan terror camp with 1,000 kg bombs in pre-dawn strike

renuka

hi

Dear Doctor,,

we have Mustache allowance in the army....i used to get it....Mustache is part of defence culture....after

retirement from army...i still keep big mustache....i can't imagine my face without mustache...but in

tamil brahmin culture...mustache should be shaved of everytime...its kind of respect to elders.....

my grand father was in british police...so he used to keep mustache...now i keep ..my father's

family/my mother's family nobody has mustache....except me now..
But is your musch like Abhinandans?

KRN

hi

Dear Doctor,,

we have Mustache allowance in the army....i used to get it....Mustache is part of defence culture....after

retirement from army...i still keep big mustache....i can't imagine my face without mustache...but in

tamil brahmin culture...mustache should be shaved of everytime...its kind of respect to elders.....

my grand father was in british police...so he used to keep mustache...now i keep ..my father's

family/my mother's family nobody has mustache...
In UP Police you now get Rs 250 per month just for sporting your moustache....

KRN

No matter what Tamil Brahmin culture insisted....in traditional Indian culture, Moustache and beard were appreciated....

Here's a description from the astrological classic Brhat Parasara Horasastra on a person born with Bhadra Mahapurusha Yoga (examples : MS Dhoni, Manmohan Singh, Sean Connery)

'A person born in Bhadra Yoga is a great man, has large chest, his gait is like that of a lion, he moves like an elephant, his arms are long touching the knees, he is an expert in yogic activities, erudite, [bold] has beautiful beard and moustache[/bold], sharp nose and feet, he is passionate, sattvic, his hands and feet are marked with the figure of conch shells, mace, arrow and elephants and lotus. He is well versed in scriptures and a scholar. He is independent, lends wealth to friends. He has wife and children, rules over middle region of the country and lives for a hundred years.'

prasad1

BJP president Amit Shah's claim of IAF air strikes in Balakot killing "250 terrorists" has boomeranged to bite him and the party as the Opposition has now mounted pressure on the central government to produce proof the casualties caused in the covert operation conducted in the wee hours of 26 February.

"After the Pulwama attack, when everyone thought surgical strike can't be done this time… Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led central government undertook an air strike... and killed more than 250 terrorists without any harm to our side,” Shah had said while speaking at a public event in Gujarat on Sunday.
Shah went on to slam the Opposition for questioning the success of air strikes saying that their remarks have “brought smile on the face of Pakistan". Congratulating Modi on the strikes, Shah had said that the prime minister was the one leader who first conducted the surgical strikes in Pakistan in 2016 and has now again shown his "zero tolerance for terror" by ordering air strikes on terror targets and militant hubs in the neighbouring country.

However, it was the number of dead Shah quoted, which created a stir among the Opposition leaders as they scrambled to launch an attack on the Modi government for "misleading" the people on the damage caused by the air strikes and "inflating" the numbers despite no official confirmation from the defence ministry or the Indian Air Force. Some even called out BJP for falsifying the statement of IAF, which has refused to put a number to the casualties caused.

In the wake up these attacks, BJP leaders rushed to damage control, with all of them downplaying Shah's remark and refusing to spell out any number. Senior leader and Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said in a press conference, “Look, I am not giving you any number as the death toll on behalf of the government. How powerful the strike was — you have seen the reports on the number of mobiles that were intercepted, I have already told you four buildings were damaged. The Indian armed forces have crossed PoK and went into Pakistan and returned in 20-25 minutes after massive strikes without even getting a scratch, that itself is a huge success,” he said.

According to a report by The Indian Express, BJP spokespersons and leaders have been advised not to specify the number of terrorists killed in the Balakot air strike to the media and in public speeches.

prasad1

PM Modi asks in Greater Noida: Should those with India's blood in their veins doubt IAF strikes?

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said the people who have India's blood in their veins should not have any doubt on Indian Air Force's strikes on Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) camp in Pakistan's Balakot.
"Jiski ragon mein Hindustan ka khoon hai, usko shaq hona chahiye kya?... Jo Bharat Maa ki jai bolta hai, usko shaq hona chahiye kya? Ye shaq karne wale log kaun hain? Aise logon ki baaton pe bharosa karoge kya? (Should those who have India's blood in their veins have any doubt? Should those who say 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' have any doubt? Who are these people who have doubts? Will you believe the words of these people?)" the Prime Minister asked.

Instead of being honest, he is just vilifying people who question him.
Modiji you are the PM and leader of BJP but you are not India.

Jaykay767

God knows...Pakistan also is nicely lying and they want Imran Khan to be given Nobel peace prize.

Abhinandan looked so spaced out and expressionless when he came back.
God knows what really is going onn
Agree, Pakistan lied in this ease and has conveniently lied many times in the past.

But most did not expect Indian govt and mainstream media to lie this openly !! Youngsters of today are shocked and have began to question critically this on social media and particularly on Twitter.

prasad1

Most literate adults are aware of the Christian belief that the mother of Jesus was impregnated while a virgin. The Holy Spirit penetrated Mary the way light penetrates glass, leaving her hymen intact. Less well known is the Roman Catholic dogma that she stayed a virgin through Christ’s birth and after. The Son of God came forth into the world causing her no distress, and the cloister of her womb remained sealed during the process.

Indian broadcasters should have taken a cue from this idea while covering the Balakot bombing and its aftermath. Once the skies cleared over the attack site, satellites owned by Planet Labs Inc of San Francisco peered closely at the scene and concluded that the madrassa/terrorist hideout run by Jaish-e-Mohammad had suffered no damage. Analysing ground-level images, the Digital Forensic Lab run by the Atlantic Council (which boasts an International Advisory Board including Anil Ambani), made much the same judgement using stronger language (“botched operation”).

Indian officials have been reluctant to provide any hard information to reporters, preferring to seed the narrative of their choice through the media. Had the Modi administration been as assiduous about afforestation as it is about planting news stories, we would be half way to reversing global warming by now. The government understands it doesn’t need to prove that the Balakot operation was a success, or that Wing Commander Abhinandan shot down a Pakistani F-16. Evidence becomes irrelevant when nationalism takes a form akin to religious fervour. If the government tells us bombs penetrated the building like light passing through glass, and killed 263 terrorists while leaving all walls perfectly intact, most Indians will believe the story. After all, if a virgin birth can be taken on faith, why not virgin deaths?

All of this is not to suggest that the official Indian version is a fudge or a lie. We don’t have enough details to make that judgement, and the final verdict will have to be postponed till such information is made available. Those seeking to affirm the Indian story have one clue on their side. The Pakistani government has not allowed any reporters into the madrasa/camp.

I suppose, no matter what actually happened, we should take solace in the practical result of the strike and counter-strike. As matters stand, Pakistani leaders can tell citizens their planes entered Indian territory and shot down a Mig-21 Bison in the ensuing dogfight. They can assume the moral high ground for releasing the captured pilot. Indians can boast of dozens of terrorists killed in revenge of the Pulwama suicide bombing, and a Pakistani F-16 brought down. Both sides can claim victory and de-escalate with no loss of face and a minimal loss of lives.

Maybe it would be better if all future battles became virtual, faith-based conflicts, with citizens believing every word put out by their government. It could remove the need for actual messy, costly, cruel wars.

But this present BJP government is using this incident to boost their election chances, by kicking up nationalistic fervor.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts