• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Message for Brahmin students

vgane

I received this Is this true? Should the EBC Brahmins do like this

All the Brahmin students should immediately go to the Jurisdictional Taluk office and apply for the 'Caste Certificate' to get Reservations in Education and Job opportunities offered by the Government. All the caste certificates should be obtained mentioning
"No.713 - Brahmin". All Brahmin students will be able to submit this along with applications

*Pls circulate widely amongst your relatives & Brahmin friends so that this message reaches all deserving Brahmins ..

The EBC quota is for all irrespective of caste. So there is no caste certificate to be issued here. There may be a income certificate that one needs to get if one wants to qualify for the EBC quota.

KRN

I think that the EWS quota is for all, who are not covered under the list of castes to whom reservations are given presently. Hence the caste certificate will be required.

Vaagmi

Perrsons who are not covered under the existing scheme of reservation for the SC, ST and the socially and educationally backward communities and whose family has a gross annual income below Rs. 8 lakhs are to be identified as EWS for the benefit of this 10% reservation.

"Family" for this purpose would include the person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age 18 years as also his/her spouse and minor children.

the "income" would include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession etc., and would pertain to the year prior to the year of the application.

All persons whose family owns any of these assets--5 acres of agri. land and above,residential flat of 1000 sft or above, residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities or residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than notified municipalities would be excluded from being identified as EWS irrespective of famioy income.

The above is the gist of the Government notification.

I might have been misinformed then. I take it that KRN and Vaagmi are correct. Still i am not sure how a caste certificate be issued for people coming under general category so far. The only identifier that they had so far is that they did not have any caste certificate. Hopefully we will know more in the near future.

GNANA SUNYAM

the dravida parties will fight tooth and nail for recalling of this bill. their survival is dependent entirely on the reservation system based on caste and caste only. that is the only way of fooling the electorate and wooing them for their votes.

KRN

Does the legislation not specifically mention that the benefits will be for those whole belong to FC Category?
Yes, it is meant for ALL who are currently deprived of reservation, and who satisfy the economic criteria. Hence, FC category.

GNANA SUNYAM

Does the legislation not specifically mention that the benefits will be for those whole belong to FC Category?
The legislation does not specifically mention that benefits will be for FC Category. There is no such FC Category specified. It is for all those who satisfy the criterion of EBC and this includes those who enjoy reservation based on caste also.

vgane

The legislation does not specifically mention that benefits will be for FC Category. There is no such FC Category specified. It is for all those who satisfy the criterion of EBC and this includes those who enjoy reservation based on caste also.
No...It is only for those castes or groups not enjoying reservation under socially backward castes

KRN

No! I think you got it confused.

Those who presently enjoy reservation based on caste, let us call them A

Those who presently do not enjoy reservation based on caste, and who are financially below the cut off set by the Govt to decide their economic backwardness, let us call them B

Those who presently do not enjoy reservation based on caste, and who are financially above the cut off set by the Govt to decide their economic backwardness, let us call them C

(A) - already have a quota that is well established. People belonging to these castes will continue to compete with one another, for the seats that come within the caste quota. As is the case now, (B) and (C) cannot apply for these quota seats.
(B) - will now get the chance to compete among themselves to fill in the new 10% quota. Note that the 10% quota is ONLY for B, ie people belonging to A or C cannot apply for this quota.
(C) - will have the option of applying for the merit seats only. Again, as is the case now, they will have to compete with (A) and (B).

I admit I got this wrong at the start of this thread. KRN, Vaagmi, Vgane are correct. It appears that the new amendment explicitly states that the classes covered under clause (4) of article (15), which includes OBCs, SC and STs, are not eligible for the 10% EWS quota.

I am still interested in the actual modalities of obtaining this certificate to show eligibility for this reservation. Hopefully some member will share these details. I will post too if I am able to obtain any information regarding this.

The 8 lakh income criteria, IMO, is egregious and won't help the truly poor in our communities but I guess the govt had no choice but to keep it same as OBC creamy layer.

vgane

I admit I got this wrong at the start of this thread. KRN, Vaagmi, Vgane are correct. It appears that the new amendment explicitly states that the classes covered under clause (4) of article (15), which includes OBCs, SC and STs, are not eligible for the 10% EWS quota.

I am still interested in the actual modalities of obtaining this certificate to show eligibility for this reservation. Hopefully some member will share these details. I will post too if I am able to obtain any information regarding this.

The 8 lakh income criteria, IMO, is egregious and won't help the truly poor in our communities but I guess the govt had no choice but to keep it same as OBC creamy layer.
No! I think you got it confused.

Those who presently enjoy reservation based on caste, let us call them A

Those who presently do not enjoy reservation based on caste, and who are financially below the cut off set by the Govt to decide their economic backwardness, let us call them B

Those who presently do not enjoy reservation based on caste, and who are financially above the cut off set by the Govt to decide their economic backwardness, let us call them C

(A) - already have a quota that is well established. People belonging to these castes will continue to compete with one another, for the seats that come within the caste quota. As is the case now, (B) and (C) cannot apply for these quota seats.
(B) - will now get the chance to compete among themselves to fill in the new 10% quota. Note that the 10% quota is ONLY for B, ie people belonging to A or C cannot apply for this quota.
(C) - will have the option of applying for the merit seats only. Again, as is the case now, they will have to compete with (A) and (B).
Well written!

KRN

I think the modalities are yet to be decided. The caste census data (SECC 2011) is already with the Government although some errors in it are yet to be corrected. So they have something to compare with.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts