• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mayawati asks Brahmins for b'day gift

praveen

Life is a dream
Staff member
Literally, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati has her own inimitable way of buying loyalty of her supporters. On Saturday she blatantly put a price tag - to insure loyalty of Brahmins. "Each of the Brahmin societies set up in the 403 assembly constituencies of the state must shell out Rs 25,000 as gift towards my birthday, that is traditionally celebrated as fund-raising day for the party," Mayawati told a meeting of Brahmins in Lucknow.
That it would be a straight quid pro quo was also clearly spelt out by her.
"Let me assure you that I do not believe in just using you as a vote bank. When I come to power I will see to it that you get an appropriate share in governance," she said.
Explaining her demand for gifts on her birthday (January 15) every year, Mayawati said: "Ours is not a party funded by affluent industrialists or business houses. So we have to depend on contributions made by our own supporters."
"I am not asking you to give me gold, silver or diamonds, just give us some cash so that we can run the party and take it ahead. After all when all other communities under the BSP umbrella voluntarily give donations, why should Brahmins lag behind."?

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/mayawati-asks-brahmins-for-bday-gift/25988-4.html

Latest ads

Back