• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Masikam, sodhakumbam, oona masikam calculator

sir.,
10-02-2019; 11-03; 10-04; 9-05;7-06;6-07-;5-08;3-09;2-10; 1-11; 1-12; 31-12-2019 are masikam days. on the previous day sodakumpam must be done. 27th oonam on any one day 28th;29th;30th day. for 45th oonam on any one day from 41 to 45 days; 6th month oonam on any one day from 171th day to 180th day. oona aapthiikam on any one day from 341st day to 355th day. onnam should not be done on kartha"s birth star day, on tuesday, friday, saturdays. prathamai, sathurthy, shashti, navami, ekaadasi, chathurdasi, thithi days.

This is as per drikanitha panchangam. As per vakya panchangam dates will vary.

My elder son has passed away on 17th Jan'2020. Need 45th day Oonam date to be performed since different dates (26/02/2020 & 28/02/2020) are given by different vadhyar's. can anyone kindly clarify me please.
Srinivasan

45 ஊனம்:- 41ஆவது நாளிலிருந்து 45 ஆவது நாட்கலுக்குள் ஒர் நாள் செய்யலாம். ஊனத்தை கர்த்தாவின் ஜன்ம நக்ஷத்திரம், செவ்வாய், வெள்ளி, சனி கிழமைகளிலும். ப்ரதமை, சதுர்த்தி, சஷ்டி நவமி ஏகாதசி சதுர்தசி திதிகளிலும் செய்யக்கூடாது.
28-2-20ன் வெளி கிழமை செய்யக்கூடாது. ஆதலால் 26-2-20 அன்று செய்யலாம்.

sir.,
10-02-2019; 11-03; 10-04; 9-05;7-06;6-07-;5-08;3-09;2-10; 1-11; 1-12; 31-12-2019 are masikam days. on the previous day sodakumpam must be done. 27th oonam on any one day 28th;29th;30th day. for 45th oonam on any one day from 41 to 45 days; 6th month oonam on any one day from 171th day to 180th day. oona aapthiikam on any one day from 341st day to 355th day. onnam should not be done on kartha"s birth star day, on tuesday, friday, saturdays. prathamai, sathurthy, shashti, navami, ekaadasi, chathurdasi, thithi days.

This is as per drikanitha panchangam. As per vakya panchangam dates will vary.
Sir,
what is SODAKUMPAM ( YAJUR VEDA - APASTHAMBHA SUTRAM ) AND CAN YOU TELL US THE PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED AND WHAT IS TO BE DONE. It would be very usefull in this forum

Thanks
Manjunatha Iyer

Dear Sir (kgopalan37), You have posted Sraaddha Mantras in Tamil with explanations (June 2016) .. Can you send it to me.. I could not locate that in the post.. Also can you send me Srardha mantras with devanagiri script? Thanks. Mahesh Chennai.

SIR, IT IS AVAILABLE in giri trading agency, written by soma deva sarma and published by jagarhguru sathapthi publications, chennai-33. In station road west mambalam bhavani book centre isalso there. it is written in devanagari script with tamil meaning. yajur veda sratha prayogam.

Respected Gopalan Sir,
Could you please let us know as to what is SODAKUMPAM and why it is done?? as in now a days some say its required to perform and some tells its not Required when the monthly Sratham is performed.

kindly clarify

Thanks
Manjunath T K

Respected Sir,
My father passed away on 20/Aug/2020. In Bangalore. Please let me know the masikam dates and Unna masikam dates.
Thank u sir.

Respected Sir:
My father-in-law passed away on June 28, 2020 and the 6th month shanashan oona masikam date given by the sastrigal is November 29, 2020 (155th day). Is it correct for us to do it on that day although it is not falling in between 171 and 180 th day?
Kindly reply.

Respected sir, my brother expired on 05/06/2020. kindly give me ,Oona masikams , masikams and first year ceremonies dates. With regards k.s.moorthy

Latest ads

Back