• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marriage songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone send me the following with reference to iyengar marriages:

1. Oonjal pattu (a simple song?)
2. Nalangu pattu &
3. Aarti pattu.

Alternatively, a website / link will also be fine.

Thanks & Regards

apsarathy

Sri. Parthasarathy, Greetings.

I don't know if Iyengar marriage marriage songs are any different.

My suggestion is, contact TB forum member Sowbagyavathy Raji Ram in PM ( or in this same thread)... You are likely to get good songs and/or good suggestions.

Cheers.

Sri. Parthasarathy, Greetings.

I don't know if Iyengar marriage marriage songs are any different.

My suggestion is, contact TB forum member Sowbagyavathy Raji Ram in PM ( or in this same thread)... You are likely to get good songs and/or good suggestions.

Cheers.

hi raghy sir,

SRIMATI RAJI RAM IS CORRECT...i think so....she is Sowbagyavathy not any more....just kidding...just 2 days before...

i was thinking abt u....just to answer the same question....

Last edited:
Sri. TBS Sir, Greetings.

Srimathy Raji Ram will always be a Sowbagyavathy. My best wishes.

She would be a very good person to approach for any classical songs.

Cheers.

........ Srimathy Raji Ram will always be a Sowbagyavathy. My best wishes.

She would be a very good person to approach for any classical songs.....
Thank you very much Raghy Sir! Affection returned! :yo:

M S K Sir has given correct links in detail. Nothing more to add. I compose oonjal songs specially for the couple.

And I gave the link for one such song in another thread sometime back! :)

Dear MSK Sir and Mrs.Ram,

Thanks very much for the inputs. Makes my life easier! :biggrin1:
Thanks & Regards

apsarathy

Dear apsarathy ji,

Best wishes for upcoming wedding...better make sure no one plays this song even by mistake!

[video=youtube_share;qcucgNV7Cmc]http://youtu.be/qcucgNV7Cmc[/video]

Friends,

Thanks for the help.

In our TB marriage, every aspect has a meaning, right from Janavasam to Kattu Sadham/Koodai sadham on the third day. But one aspect of the proceedings beat me. What is the significance of 'PIDI SUTHTHAL'? Is it a kind of Drishti Pariharam?
Can someone tell me.

Thanks & Regards

apsarathy

in rituals, ceremonies and poojaas see the sticky thread vang nichayam; nichchayatharrtham maariage, you will find all details about marriage and also pidi sutral will be there.

.. and here is a marriage song, with mrs K's heart throb madhavan, masquerading as a pattar :)

[video=youtube;tK5zv7UqlO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK5zv7UqlO4[/video]

Despite good acting skills, I don't understand why Madhavan couldn't make it big. May be he is not darkish enough with a "thoongi-ezhundha" look!

Despite good acting skills, I don't understand why Madhavan couldn't make it big. May be he is not darkish enough with a "thoongi-ezhundha" look!

ap,

there is an element of truth here i think. madhavan never reached the level of dhanush vijay vikram or ajith. but he is versatile enough to act in both hindi and tamil and keep himself busy. he has had a long shelf life of more than 15 years, and nowadays shows his age.

now, is the time, of vishal jiiva sivakarthikeyan vimal. 34 year old siddharth with his classic iyengar looks, appears to have made a come back, but not sure how long it will last. he has a steady following in andhra.

the heroine status is even more fluid. these young ones are lucky if they get 2 chances back to back. trisha was the only tambram heroine and she had a long innings. she has faded out and today's heroines appear to be mallus or punjabis - the former taken for acting skills, and the latter, for the colour of their skin.

the level of competition is extreme these days. also, thanks to digital technology, a couple of high speed handheld digital cameras costing a lakh ruppees or less, and a laptop with editting software, anyone can (& is) make a movie.

you dont need the plethora of support staff like light men, the numerous assistants. there are no more sets as of old, constructed in the studios. because special lighting is not needed, everything is filmed in natural light and in real live locations.

ramgopal verma initiated this process a few years ago, with a crew of 4, 'dongala muta' and i believe it was done in about 15 days. i believe most of tamil films have done away with the old fashioned films (making kodak bankrupt as this is the trend the world over). the newly made films are sharper and brighter. and easy to make,

maybe, sarathy, you too can try movie making. with madhavan as the hero. ofcourse :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back