• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marichi Gotra

Govind Marichi

Dear Sirs/Ma'ams,
I have joined this forum as I'm a Brahmin but I'm not sure of the origin of my gotra as it is found only in two villages of North India. The first village is 'Mundlana' in the state of Haryana and the second one is in the UP(Uttar Pradesh) with the name 'Tyodhi.' I am working to find the origin and recently I came to know that there are some Brahmins with 'Marichi' gotra in South India also. In northern part of India Marichi gotra Brahmins are categorised as 'Gaur Brahmins' and I have been able to trace down the history of this gotra as long back till 1646 AD or 1703 Vikrami Samvat which is twelfth generations from I. Records older than this are not available as those were destroyed by the muslim invaders at that time. It took me more than two years to collect this much data and I'm still curious to know more because it is difficult to digest that one particular gotra is contained only in two villages.
So, I hereby request that if there is anybody with the same gotra or have any historical information regarding the origin of this gotra kindly reply or mail.

Regards
Govind Marichi

When I look into this thread there will be display of similar threads in this forum which I have given in screenshot. So even you can see that thread which may give some idea of this gotra
Screenshot_2021-10-20-20-37-56-121_com.android.chrome.png

Dear Sirs/Ma'ams,
I have joined this forum as I'm a Brahmin but I'm not sure of the origin of my gotra as it is found only in two villages of North India. The first village is 'Mundlana' in the state of Haryana and the second one is in the UP(Uttar Pradesh) with the name 'Tyodhi.' I am working to find the origin and recently I came to know that there are some Brahmins with 'Marichi' gotra in South India also. In northern part of India Marichi gotra Brahmins are categorised as 'Gaur Brahmins' and I have been able to trace down the history of this gotra as long back till 1646 AD or 1703 Vikrami Samvat which is twelfth generations from I. Records older than this are not available as those were destroyed by the muslim invaders at that time. It took me more than two years to collect this much data and I'm still curious to know more because it is difficult to digest that one particular gotra is contained only in two villages.
So, I hereby request that if there is anybody with the same gotra or have any historical information regarding the origin of this gotra kindly reply or mail.

Regards
Govind Marichi
Bhai I am a Marichi from Tyodhi Uttar Pradesh. Have you found anything yet?
Email: [email protected]

Latest ads

Back