• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Margazhi Music Festival December 2014 - Share your news, reviews and views

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have missed it this year .

would prefer to see some direct telecast on tv channels.

miss the atmosphere in chennai during the month of margazhi.

easily the best time for chennai visit

The recordings of concerts are telecast in some TV channels and I don't wish to miss them. I seldom go to the concert halls!

Reason??? The decibel level is very high, though Carnatic music is supposed to be based on Bhakthi! But ...........

We have volume control in our TV set. :cool:

Anyway, whether we listen in person or from home, we can comment on the concerts, right?

Some thoughts in general:

Many of the leading vocal artists don't take proper care of their vocal chords and struggle to sing, making the listeners

wriggle in their seats! But invariably, the listeners comment as if they have seen God / Goddess right in front of them! :dizzy:

Most of the female artists go for facial and overdo the make-up and wear weird jewellery. In fact, one of my friends told

me that a lady known to her goes to some selected concerts ONLY to see the new trend of dressing and jewels! :D

Some male artists have unkempt hair and appear as if they have just come out of their Z-land! :sleep:

Some others wear designer kurthas and try to be up to date in dressing!

OK! I saw one concert in which ALL the artists on the stage were in pure white. Wow! It was like a test match cricket team! :)

One concert which I missed last evening and re-telecast today was a total disaster! The Sruthi was 'satrE vilagi irum piLLAy' -

this comment is borrowed from the famous critic Subbudu! The leading violinist was totally lost and played notes different

from what the vocalist sang, throughout the concert, because the singer never got even one note in place! :sad:

Two female singers maintained their usual standard where as some others had 'karakarapriyA' throat! (Sorry KaraharapriyA!).

In particular:

Appreciations to Smt. Gayathri Venkataraghavan for the sweet rendition of all songs.

Sri. Abhishek Raghuram and Sri. Rajesh Vaidhya gave amazing concerts, as usual. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back