• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Maneeshaa panchakam tamil transliteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAMIL TRANSLITERATION OF MANEESHA PANCHAKAM BY H.H. ADI
SHANKARA WITH MEANING IN ENGLISH
FIVE VERSES OF CONVICTIONS Written by HH. Adi Shankara :
TAMILTRANSLITERATION BY P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN
__________________________________________________________________________________
This is written as a dialogue between Adi Shankara and a Low Caste (PARAYA) who CAME with FOUR DOGS from the opposite direction of the way by which Adi Shankara and his disciples were going to perform Pooja to Lord Viswantha of KASHI. The low caste person was none other than Lord Shiva and the four dogs accompanying him were the FOUR VEDAS.
அன்னமயாதன்னமயாமதவா சைதன்யமேவ சைதன்ன்யாத்: எதிவர தூரீகர்த்தும் வாஞ்சஸி கிம் ப்ரூஹி கச்ச கச்சேதி 1.
Meaning : _Oh. Greatest among the Greatest of ascetics, please tell me what do you want to move away by saying “GO-GO“ Did you mean that the body of mine, made of food to move away to another body made of food or consciousness to move away from consciousness.
ப்ரத்யக்வஸ்துனி நிஸ்தரம்கஸஹஜானந்தாவபோதாம்புதௌ விப்றோSயம் ச்வபசோSயமித்யாபி மஹான் கோSயம் விபேதப்ரம கிம் கம்காம்புனி பிம்பிதே. அம்பரமணௌ சண்டாளவீதீபய பய: பூரே வா. அந்தரமஸ்தி காஞ்சனகடீம்ம்ருத்கும்பயோர்வாம்பரே. 2.
Meaning : Oh! brAhmaNA Is there any difference between the
reflection of the SUN in the waters of Ganges and the water poolof an outcaste’s residence ? or water in a gold pot and a mud pot?What difference it makes in the ripple free ocean of bliss and the soul of a brahmana and an outcaste? Note :- *In some versions I have seen yathivara instead of VIPROYAM{ Friends, Adi Shankaraimmediately came to know that the person who came opposite was none other than Lord SHIVA and the dogs which were accompanying Him were the four VEDAS. Adi Shankara immediately prostrated before the out-caste and begged apology; and then says :
ஜாக்ரத் ஸ்வப்னஸுஷுப்திஷு ஸ்புடதரா யாஸ்விதூத்ஜ்ஹ்ரிம்பதே யா ப்ரஹ்மாதிபிபீலிகாந்த தனுஷு ப்ரொதா ஜகத்ஸாக்ஷிணீ ஸைவாஹம் ந ச த்ருச்ய வஸ்த்விதி த்ருடப்ரஜ்ஞாபி யச்யாஸ்தி சே சண்டாளோ அஸ்து ஸ து த்விஜோ அஸ்து குரூர் இத்யேஷா மனீஷா மம: 3.
Meaning : If one is fully convinced that, the soul which isclear and obvious itself in all the three conditions of lives i.e. indream, sound sleep and also in awakened conditions and in all objects from BRAHMA (THE CREATOR) to a very small object ant which is also the vibrant, but invisible and witness to all ourdeeds, and as per my conclusion which is very clear is the great teacher or preceptor irrespective of whether he is a ** DWIJA or an outcaste
Note 2. : DWIJA in Sanskrit means one is who is twice born. Yhis term although refers to one o the first three VARNAS called Brahmana, Kshathriya, And Vaishya; DWJA is usually referred to the BRAHMANA VARNA.

பிரஹ்மைவாஹமிதம் ஜகச்ச ஸகலம் சின்மாத்ரவிஸ்தாரிதம்ஸர்வம் சைததவித்யா த்ருகுணயா அசேஷம் மயா க்ளிப்தம் இத்தம் யஸ்ய த்ருடா மதி: ஸுகதரே நித்த்யே பரே நிர்ம்மலே சண்டாளோ அஸ்து ஸ து த்விஜோ அஸ்த்து குருரித்யேஷா மனீஷா மம. 4.
MEANING: I now have the conviction that irrespective of one is a Brahmin by birth or born as an outcaste, that he is the very BRAHMAN which is pure and infinite spread on everything, which although looks like consisting of many different things due
to our ignorance and the tree attributes Sattva (purity, light, harmony), (2) Rajas (passion, activity, motion), and (3) Tamas ( inertia, darkness, inertness, inactivity.
சச்வன்னச்வரமேவ விச்வமக்ஹிலம் நிச்சித்ய வாசா குறோர் நித்தியம் ப்ரம்ஹ நிரந்தரம் விம்ருசதா நிர்வ்யாஜ சாந்தாத்மனா ப்ஹூதம் ப்ஹாதி ச துஷ்க்றுதம் ப்றதஹதா ஸம்வின்மையே பாவகேப்ராரப்தாய ஸமர்ப்பிதம் ஸ்வபுரித்யேஷா மனீஷா மம. 5. MEANING : I am convinced beyond doubts by theGURU’SWord(GURU = Teacher, preceptor ) that the whole universe is a moving illusion and hence the human body is given to constantly worship the supreme and infinite being with a clear and unquestioning mind and burn inthat sacred fire of meditation all the sins with which a human being is born.
யா திர்யஜ்ஞானரதேவதாபிரஹமித்யாந்த: ஸ்புடாக்ருஹ்யதே யத்பாஸா ஹ்றுதயாக்ஷதேஹவிஷயா பாந்தி ஸ்வதோ அசேதனா: தாம் பாஸ்வி: பிஹிதார்க்கமண்டலநிபாம் ஸ்பூர்திம் சதா பாவய: ந்யோகீ நிர்வ்ருதமானசோ ஹி ரித்யேஷா மனீஷா மம. 6.
MEANING :A yogi is great only when he understands “I” which appears as sentient generally, but which is pure, This self- consciousness by which the yogi understands the insentient quality of mind , senses and body makes him pure. The sentient qualities which are found in ordinary people, are just like sun getting concealed by clouds. This is my well- considered opinion.
யத்ஸௌக்யாம்புதிலேசலேசத இமே சக்ராதையோ நிர்வ்றுதா யச்சித்தே நிதராம் ப்ரசாந்தகலனே லப்யா முநிர்நிர்வ்ருத: யஸ்மின்னத்யசுக்ஹாம்புதௌ கலிததீர்பிரம்மைவ ந ப்ரம்ஹவித் ய: கஸ்சித்ஸ ஸுரேந்த்ர வன்திதபதோ நூனம் மனீஷா மம. 7.
MEANING : My conviction is that the SELF which is Brahman and which dwells upon the Supreme one who is evenworshipped by INDRA and other Gods . The sage experiences by worshipping this SELF with calm mind and perfection,fulfillment and thus is not only the knower of BRAHMAN but BRAHMAN itself.
தாஸஸ்தே அஹம் தேஹத்ருஷ்ட்யா அஸ்மி சம்ப்ஹோ ஜாதஸ்தேம் அசோ ஜீவாத்ருஷ்ட்யா த்ரித்ருஷ்டே ஸர்வஸ்யாத்மன்நாத்மத்ருஷ்ட்யா த்வமேவே- த்யேவம் மே தீர்நிஸ்ச்சிதா ஸர்வசாஸ்த்ரை : 8
‘MEANING : Oh Lord, when my soul is in my body, the body is your servant but you remain my soul. I have come to a conclusion after going through the various and through scriptures and my intellect that you are with in me and all others in the form of soul.
இதி ஸ்ரீ சங்கரபகவத: க்ருதௌ மனீஷாபஞ்சகம் ஸம்பூர்ணம்
MEANING : Thus ends MANIISHAA PANCHAKAM
COMPOSED BY SRIMAD SHANKARA BHAGAVATAH
______________(RK)_______________
NOTE: TO READ TAMIL KINDLY CONVERT THIS INTO : UTF 8.

Regards & Namaskarams

P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back