• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Lord Shiva and Weed???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone
best-wallpapers-of-baba-shivratri - Copy.jpg

Hope everyone doing GOOD. I saw few depictions of lord shiva smoking Weed. Mostly in north side of india. Shiva is Nirghun brahmman. How does the smoke affect him? OR is the human depiction of Lord Shiva was madeup by human...weed has many advantages and disadvantages(if used in high amount).

NOTE: i have done all kinds of researches regarding the weed, its physical, mental, emotional and spiritual functions.

Enlighten me friends with ur knowledge

You have identified yourself as Dr. Dinesh, and you claim you have done extensive research on weed, may I ask your speciality?
If Shiva is nirguna Brahman (As you state), but then how can he have a suguna body?
No Human being has "seen" God or Brahman. We even do not have a universal definition of God.
It is belief, so you can ascribe anything you want.

SAD SAD SAD...........WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT SHIVA IS A SHEAR MISUNDERSTANDING !!!

1. Firstly, Shiva is not a person. Stop seeing Shiva as a HUMAN-GOD. that's the saddest interpretation of Lord. Shiva is not a Human-God, he is described in the scriptures as Nirgun Brahmman. To elaborate further the Shwetashwatara Upanishadh tells us that Shiva is :

1.Nirgun (In this state he is formless and the whole universe and creation lie in the pervasiveness of Shiva)

2.Saguna (In the Saguna state Shiva is the entire universe and his "ansh" is present in the tree, the insect, the, animal, male, female and the whole creation. In this state though all forms arise out of him yet no form can describe him. He remains the causeless cause of all causes)

3.Nirgun-Sagun (In this state through the intellect, knowledge, senses that are made of gunas we try to explain Shiva in terms of gunas and material forms yet our explanation can not do justice to him as he is all that we explain yet he is not all of it that we explain.....he is beyond thought, intellect and senses)

In the Nirgun-Sagun state Shiva is worshiped as the Shivalingam (Contrary to the rumors spread by our Islamic brothers that Shivalingam is the male genital the fact is that Shivalingam has a deep and scientific theory and philosophy. The word Shivalingam has been derived from sanskrit roots Shiva (Lord) + Lingam (Mark/Chinha/Symbol). Hence, Shivalingam is the mark of lord within its creation. Everything in the world arises out of a dome/a ball/ a pindi......be it a tree which comes from a seed which is round, a child which comes from a cell which is round, all heavenly bodies are round, the minutest of cells are round and our very earth is round. Every thing being round is a mark of the Lord/Shiva. Since Shiva cant be comprehended, we worship his mark or we worshib the whole Brahmman in a Shivalingam.

Besides, the Philosophical explanation of Shivalingam, it also has a deep scientific explanation. It explains the atomic and cellular theory.
COMING TO THE QUESTION THAT SHIVA IS SHOWN HAVING A CHILLUM IS BASELESS AS NO PURAN, VEDA OR SCRIPTURES TALK OF CHILLUMS ASSOCIATION WITH SHIVA. THE PICTURES ARE A CREATION OF HUMANS OWN MIND.
Many people take BHANG as prasad of Shiva. This is a total misconception. When we offer the following to Shiva, it has a deep philosophy and meaning
BHANG- offering bhang to Shiva is symbolically saying that "Oh Mahadev!! I offer all intoxication within me to you in the form of Bhang. I offer you my intoxication related to maya, women, fame and all bad habits. Just as u consumed the halahal during samudramanthan, be gracious enough to accept my intoxications and bless me with purity, knowledge and humanity ". NOTE-Shiva Shastras are completely against Tamsic and Rajsic foods and drinks. A true Shiva devotee stays away from Non-Vegetarian food as he can not kill or be the cause of Pashupatinath's loved creatures. Shiva devotees also stay away from alcohol, smoking and onion/Garlic. As for Nagas.....their Aghor shastra is highly misunderstood (will talk of this later sometime). It also must be noted that the whole universe is associated with Shiva but Bhang is associated because of highly efficient Ayurvedic properties. Bhang is used in ayurveda to treat epilepsy, skin issues, digestion, depression, mental issues, muscle pain etc. However, ayurveda prohibits the overdose of bhang. Our society, has again abused bhang. Bhang contains no alcohol and is a safer drug than even cough mixtures which contain alcohol. Also this Bhang pratha is followed in north majorly. South Indians still do not call bhang as "Bholay ka prasad and get high on it". Too much of anything is bad be it bhang, salt, sugar or excessive love.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Lord-Shiva-often-depicted-as-smoking-chillum-weed-What-could-be-a-proper-significance-of-it

There is beautiful Bhajan:
Kisne dekhi theri surut Kaun baneye theri Murat, Too nirakar hi bhagvan
Bana mandir alishan.

<font color="#333333"><span style="font-family: Georgia"><font color="#222222"><span style="font-family: Verdana">[video=youtube_share;2OQQcFx6aLs]https://youtu.be/2OQQcFx6aLs[/video]

Last edited:
SAD SAD SAD...........WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT SHIVA IS A SHEAR MISUNDERSTANDING !!!

Prasad ji
thank u so much for the reply.i already saw the above answer in the same site. even after seeing that i want to know whether our scriptures has the proof of the chillum and shiva.

You have identified yourself as Dr. Dinesh, and you claim you have done extensive research on weed, may I ask your speciality?

Hi Prasad JI
I just said Re-search...searching something again. not experimentation. M.B.B.S. "theriya sollitenga :Cry: enna forgive pannideenga plz....:p

Last edited:
Dear Dinesh,

As far as I know the Forensic Toxicology chapter covers some portions of Morphine and Cannabinoids for exam purposes but its not all that detail unless the syllabus has changed over these years.

I wish they had a chapter Lord Shiva and Weed...that would have really been a good topic to research!LOL

I get a feeling somewhere down the road some people wanted to legalize weed like how we get medical marijuana and to make Weed seem holy someone came up with the idea that Shiva puffs weed.

Just like cases of animal sacrifice people make up stories that the deities or Gods want blood but in fact it was the humans that wanted some Aatu Kaal Paya!

Hi Prasad JI
I just said Re-search...searching something again. not experimentation. M.B.B.S. "theriya sollitenga :Cry: enna forgive pannideenga plz....:p

Thanks for reaching out via PM, I can not send messages to you yet.
You are welcome to search or research as you please. :happy:

Renuka JI
:pound::pound::laugh: may b in later years they may come up with the chapter. tq for replying.have a wonderful day guys

Hi Prasad JI
:lol: This Tanglish needs a few seconds to decipher! ;)

My Tanglish would have been: theriyAma sollittEnga; enna forgive paNNidunga plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back