• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"longest married couple"

Status
Not open for further replies.
John and Ann Betar, of Fairfield, celebrate their 80th anniversary at St. Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Church, in Bridgeport, Conn. on Sunday, Nov. 25, 2012. The couple has been named the "longest married couple" in the U.S. for 2013 by Worldwide Marriage Encounter, a Christian marriage group based in San Bernardino, Calif. The Betars are scheduled to receive a plaque and other gifts from the group at their granddaughter's home in Fairfield on Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013. (AP Photo/The Connecticut Post, BK Angeletti)

Photo: John and Ann Betar, of Fairfield, celebrate their 80th anniversary at St. Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Church, in Bridgeport, Conn. on Sunday, Nov. 25, 2012. The couple has been named the 'longest married couple' in the U.S. for 2013 by Worldw Longest_Married_Coupl_John_t607.jpg

John's now 101 years old and Ann is 97, and they're still living in their home along the Fairfield shore. They had five children, 14 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren. Two of their children died in their 60s.

Surely they are the longest living married couple.

http://www.ctpost.com/news/us/article/Conn-couple-named-longest-married-in-US-4255223.php

Last edited:
I feel the longest married couple in the world is surely an Indian/PIO.

From the time we Indians are born..all we think of is to get married and to stay married!

I feel the longest married couple in the world is surely an Indian/PIO.

From the time we Indians are born..all we think of is to get married and to stay married!

renukaji

John's now 101 years old and Ann is 97, and they're still living in their home along the Fairfield shore. They had five children, 14 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren. Two of their children died in their 60s.
http://www.ctpost.com/news/us/article/Conn-couple-named-longest-married-in-US-4255223.php

Don't you think they deserve to be the Longest married couple Living?

renukaji

Don't you think they deserve to be the Longest married couple Living?

Dear Sir,

We haven't scanned India yet.

I am sure somewhere some Indian must be living even longer married.

Dear Sir,

We haven't scanned India yet.

I am sure somewhere some Indian must be living even longer married.

Ignorance and non availability of records can not be a reason for denying this award to someone who is actually living.

prove with facts and figures, that some Indian Couple are still living longer than 101 and 97. till hen it is only assumption.

hi

i cant control laughing......we are the BEST COUPLE FIGHTERS IN WORLD....LOL

hi

i cant control laughing......we are the BEST COUPLE FIGHTERS IN WORLD....LOL

Dear TBS garu,

Of course we Indians are the best in the world for almost everything.

To Love we have the Vatsyayana's Puranam

To Fight we have Vyasa's Puranam

To Die we have Vainateya's Puranam

A 100+ Indian thAththA would have surely married a pAtti who is at least a decade younger to him.
So if he lives, she must also live...... My guess! :decision:

Long live the couple. Flash their photo worldwide free of cost. (Aside: Do they know or have contact with modern world? Or maybe they are weak to separate themselves away because of the crowd they have created)!

Longest Married couple from India

In an age where few marriages endure the test of time, a centurion Indian couple have lived in wedded bliss for 87 years making them the world's longest married couple.
107-year-old Karam and his wife Katari Chand, 100, who have eight children and 28 grandchildren together, say that the key to success is looking after each other in every way possible.
"My trick is to make Katari laugh. I like to tell jokes and make her smile. Being funny is my way of being romantic," says Karam.
The marriage of the NRI couple, who now live in Bradford, has lasted nearly five years longer than that of the current Guinness World Record holders and the couple are in the process of getting confirmation from the company that they will be named as the new record holders, Daily Mail reported.

"I have been told laughing makes you live longer. My wife is still alive so it must have worked! I love her so much and I want to spend another 80 years by her side," said Karam.

From romantic meals to sharing jokes, the couple, who hail from Punjab, India ensure that they do little things for each other to keep the romance alive.

Don't know whether they still live!!

World's longest married couple is from India - Indian Express

List of people with longest Marriages

List of people with the longest marriages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back