• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Life without Internet, Telephone and TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life without Internet, Telephone and TV

Life without Internet, Telephone and TV is really boring!!

This is what we experienced in a City in US !!!

From Day before Y day evening to yesterday night, we did not have Internet connection, Land line was dead and No TV Too.

Cell phones were working!!

No one was answering or picking up even Complaint calls made through Cell phones ( Like What happens in India ) and after a few hours a recorded message saying that The authorities are looking to set right these !!

It was a horrible and boring time.

Although, we did not have these when we were young, but nowadays to experience the absence of these is really boring one.

So the whole day was missed out by me and there was no postings by me.

it happens in india also.

we use multiple internet connecions, inverters for TV when we have power cut. after sometime we get used to it.also we talk to ourselves and enjoy listening to our own voice.lol

hi

really tough time.....some days back...due to thunderstorm in US....we had lost internet/tv/phone also....only cell phone was working..

here in USA..even without a power for one hour......the life is horrible....i was born in village in india...no power/no tv/no phone/no

internet..still i never felt anything.....now life system changed....so i feel very boring/tough now without power...

Sir,

Here at Tamil Nadu, we are accustomed to unannounced power cuts lasting for hours to- gether . Back up capacity of Inverters is minimum few hours.

The recent news that ‘ No more Power cuts in Tamil Nadu from 1[SUP]st[/SUP] June by the Hon’ble C.M.’ is a great relief.

It is really boring, but need to manage with books, chatting with neighbours, etc

Back to nature holiday packages (expensive) are available for those who want to spend a week with no electricity, gas and piped water, or newspapers.

Maharashtra tourism dept plans to list accommodation in remote villages in the houses of farmers, sharing their way of life and basic local food.

I shudder to think what will happen without electricity in a place like Chennai or Delhi in the peak of summer...A place like Ooty or Manali is fine during summer without power

How about without internet...

I can survive provided I get to enjoy nature with all the bountiful resources; near a water fall with a river by the side and the area is covered with mountains, beautiful tress with colorful flowers!

delhi power supply is stable. only there are switch over of supply lines leading to transients and breakdown of minutes.most in. delhi have invertors.
hill stations are getting clogged with people.
only a temporary relief
of course for internet , I use both mtnl and tata photon to avoid breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back