• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Let's pray for greater spiritual strength for women

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravna

The tougher half of the mankind throughout its history has not been so kind to the gentler half. Women have always been subordinate to men though there is no real reason why it should be the case. The greater physical prowess of a man and his status as a breadwinner has been largely responsible for this.

The twentieth century did usher in a revolution regarding women becoming more aggressive but in my view the response is not the right one. Women trying to emulate men is definitely not good in the long run for women. Men should be men and women should be women.

Let man be the aggressor but women should try not to vie to be one. Her approach should be one of facing that aggression with aplomb and ease. That in my view would keep the men on the right track. This will also keep intact the essence of women and help her a lot in the long run.

So let's pray for the most important source of strength which is the spiritual strength for women and also pray for the general improvement with regard to the attitude towards women.

Sravna,

Go to Chit Chat section ..Men thread.

RR ji and I are "attacking" the guys there.

So its better you pray for the strength of guys to deal with females!LOL

Sravna,

Ok now back to your topic..I feel there is no need to pray for us women..we know how to handle situations.

The problem is men are always trying to suggest how a woman should be.

Just like what you are doing now..you are trying to set rules that a woman should be like this and not like that.

We do not need to be told how to be..we are free to make choices just like how a male is free to make choices.

We are not caged creatures that need to be told 24/7 as how to be and all the blah blah blah about innate Shakti etc.

Glorification of woman as spiritual strength etc are just another form to subjugate women to behave within the fantasy domain of a male.

You see Sravna..Freedom is the innate right of anyone. I do not set rules for anyone..I respect a male enough to let him be free to choose how he wants to be without harming anyone or himself.

So the best is stop praying to shape the world according to how you have imagined it to be.

Last edited:
Sravna,

Go to Chit Chat section ..Men thread.

RR ji and I are "attacking" the guys there.

So its better you pray for the strength of guys to deal with females!LOL

Yes I agree that guys are scared of the girls now. But you don't really want to scare the guys. That's not so much fun.

Sravna,

Ok now back to your topic..I feel there is no need to pray for us women..we know how to handle situations.

The problem is men are always trying to suggest how a woman should be.

Just like what you are doing now..you are trying to set rules that a woman should be like this and not like that.

We do not need to be told how to be..we are free to make choices just like how a male is free to make choices.

We are not caged creatures that need to be told 24/7 as how to be and all the blah blah blah about innate Shakti etc.

Glorification of woman as spiritual strength etc are just another form to subjugate women to behave within the fantasy domain of of a male.

You see Sravna..Freedom is the innate right of anyone. I do not set rules for anyone..I respect males enough to let him be free to choose how he wants to be without harming anyone or himself.

So the best is stop praying to shape the world according to how you have imagined it to be.

Renuka,

I am exactly wanting the women to be free and that is what the spiritual strength gives. Of course I did specify my opinion of how a woman should be but as you say you are free to choose your path but with the inner strength I am sure will help you choose the right path.

Last edited:
Dear Sravna Sir,

OMG! With this, we have to pray for three different aspects! If you keep on adding to this list and each prayer takes half an hour,

we will get hardy any time to do the daily chores! So, let us all pray for 'sarvE janA sukhinO bhavantu', in addition to 'cool Chennai'! :pray:

Dear Sravna Sir,

OMG! With this, we have to pray for three different aspects! If you keep on adding to this list and each prayer takes half an hour,

we will get hardy any time to do the daily chores! So, let us all pray for 'sarvE janA sukhinO bhavantu', in addition to 'cool Chennai'! :pray:

Dear Smt RR,

I will suggest something. Let only 30 min be set aside for all the problems. In my view if you specifically pray for a problem it is better addressed.

Renuka,

I am exactly wanting the women to be free and that is what the spiritual strength gives. Of course I did specify my opinion of how a woman should be but as you say you are free to choose your path but with the innate strength I am sure will help you choose the right path.

Dear Sravna,

Why do you need to specify how a woman should be?

I feel that is invasion of personal rights of a woman.

Out here we have enough dumb talks shows on Radio where a bunch of old men get together to discuss why women these days are using sticker pottu and not KumKum anymore!LOL

Men always try to "rule" a woman.

Have you realized that ancient Kings did not really control their queens as much?

Otherwise Dasharatha could have just cut off Kaikeyi's head and made Rama the King....but he did not.

Sita finally told Rama to buzz off and she rather die than to get back to him.

Draupadi questioned the right of Yudhisthira to place her a pawn in the game of dice when he had already lost himself.

So freedom of expression was always there...something men always choose to deny.

Dont get me wrong..I am no feminists..I am in for equal rights for male and female.

I dont agree that you say
Let man be the aggressor but women should try not to vie to be one. Her approach should be one of facing that aggression with aplomb and ease. That in my view would keep the men on the right track. also keep intact the essence of women and help her a lot in the long run.

What does that mean? To sit back and accept abuse and insults? Do you know what legal implications your sentence conveys?? That is just accept what the freaking hell done and try to make an aggressor thread the right path? For God's sake an aggressor needs to be in jail without parole!

BTW why cant men thread the right path themselves? Each person comes to this world to find his/her own path....the Gita says.."let a person elevate himself and not degrade himself"..its our own responsibility to make sure we thread the path best suited.

Last edited:
Dear Sravna,

Why do you need to specify how a woman should be?

I feel that is invasion of personal rights of a woman.

Out here we have enough dumb talks shows on Radio where a bunch of old men get together to discuss why women these days are using sticker pottu and not KumKum anymore!LOL

Men always try to "rule" a woman.

Have you realized that ancient Kings did not really control their queens as much?

Otherwise Dasharatha could have just cut off Kaikeyi's head and made Rama the King....but he did not.

Sita finally told Rama to buzz off and she rather die than to get back to him.

Draupadi questioned the right of Yudhisthira to place her a pawn in the game of dice when he had already lost himself.

So freedom of expression was always there...something men always choose to deny.

Dont get me wrong..I am no feminists..I am in for equal rights for male and female.

What does that mean? To sit back and accept abuse and insults? Do you know what legal implications your sentence conveys?? That is just accept what the freaking hell done and try to make an aggressor thread the right path? For God's sake an aggressor needs to be in jail without parole!

BTW why cant men thread the right path themselves? Each person comes to this world to find his/her own path....the Gita says.."let a person elevate himself and not degrade himself"..its our own responsibility to make sure we thread the path best suited.

Dear Renuka,

I cannot agree that the freedom of expression was always there for women. If it was there it was only in isolated cases. Otherwise there is no need for so many women movements throughout the world. Lets us face the problem and try not to deny it.

My view is that women have overreacted but that is natural and what was bound to happen. But women should realize that it is not in their own interests to try to be like men. That is not equality. Tell me can a woman run faster than a man in a 100 m race? So women in my opinion will end up playing second fiddle to men and be finally frustrated if she is not playing to her strengths.

Equality is in how you are regarded. That will happen only if you put your best foot forward. You concept of equality is an ill conceived notion of the west which many people unfortunately have been indoctrinated into.

Let us be practical. Women can shine inher own ways and still be regarded equal. The present system is so much skewed in favor of men and it can only with some supernatural strength, the balance can be restored.

Dear Renuka,

I cannot agree that the freedom of expression was always there for women. If it was there it was only in isolated cases. Otherwise there is no need for so many women movements throughout the world. Lets us face the problem and try not to deny it.

My view is that women have overreacted but that is natural and what was bound to happen. But women should realize that it is not in their own interests to try to be like men. That is not equality. Tell me can a woman run faster than a man in a 100 m race? So women in my opinion will end up playing second fiddle to men and be finally frustrated if she is not playing to her strengths.

Equality is in how you are regarded. That will happen only if you put your best foot forward. You concept of equality is an ill conceived notion of the west which many people unfortunately have been indoctrinated into.

Let us be practical. Women can shine inher own ways and still be regarded equal. The present system is so much skewed in favor of men and it can only with some supernatural strength, the balance can be restored.

Dear Sravna,

We can take the fastest Indian male for a 100 m run and he will lose out to Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce of Jamaica!LOL

Sravna..I as a woman ..I am NOT competing with any male or any female for that matter I hope you get that into your mind. Only a person who lacks confidence sees life as a competition.A person with some brains knows that life is a role to play.

Surely none of us females want to be a male.

Its males who feel that we females have some Pe**s envy and want to be males.For God's sake we want to be females..I love my high heels..my lipstick..my clothes etc.

I do not want to be a male...I just want to be myself..that is the freedom to do what I choose to do and choose to be.

I dont get it..why do you think we females want to shine? Females just want to live and let life. We are not suns or stars to twinkle twinkle in the sky and neither are we playing second fiddle to any male.

You clearly have a carbon dated mind Sravna..I think I better pray for you!LOL

Last edited:
Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that we are NOT yet Brahman.

We should not try to think we are in absolute control of everything and try to shape the world according to our whims and fancies either by force or even by prayers.

Just lead life without trying to exert too much control on others or on ourselves.

Its not too hard to remind ourselves to come back to ground level once in a while.

We as humans just need mutual respect and not favors.

Dear Sravna Sir,

Mam,

While we are praying for a ‘cool summer’ at Chennai, my contacts at Pearl City wanted to pray for a very hot summer so that our brothers at Totucorin will have a good harvest of salt in this current summer.

Such being the case, your suggestion is good to go for a common prayer ‘sarvE janA sukhinO bhavantu'.
:)

Mam,

While we are praying for a ‘cool summer’ at Chennai, my contacts at Pearl City wanted to pray for a very hot summer so that our brothers at Totucorin will have a good harvest of salt in this current summer.

Such being the case, your suggestion is good to go for a common prayer ‘sarvE janA sukhinO bhavantu'.
:)

Dear Shri VB,

We started the prayers because things were going out of control like this year predicted to be the hottest year ever. We should be happy if things come under control and be normal.

The tougher half of the mankind throughout its history has not been so kind to the gentler half. Women have always been subordinate to men though there is no real reason why it should be the case. The greater physical prowess of a man and his status as a breadwinner has been largely responsible for this.

The twentieth century did usher in a revolution regarding women becoming more aggressive but in my view the response is not the right one. Women trying to emulate men is definitely not good in the long run for women. Men should be men and women should be women.

Let man be the aggressor but women should try not to vie to be one. Her approach should be one of facing that aggression with aplomb and ease. That in my view would keep the men on the right track. This will also keep intact the essence of women and help her a lot in the long run.

So let's pray for the most important source of strength which is the spiritual strength for women and also pray for the general improvement with regard to the attitude towards women.

Dear Shri Sravna,

Did you have the Tambrahm girls especially the ones going after NB's in mind while espousing this thread?

renukaji
wah wah - special prayers TB girls to return to TB boys with sraavnajis support and prayers and increase in their spiritual strength. .we have renukaji s'[ permission and blessings

renukaji
wah wah - special prayers TB girls to return to TB boys with sraavnajis support and prayers and increase in their spiritual strength. .we have renukaji s'[ permission and blessings

Dear Krish ji,

Whatever I might write in Chit Chat thread..that is all for fun...in reality I do not like to play God.

So there is no blessings from me!LOL

renukaji

There is so much scope now for the girls to be brainwashed and believe in something that is not good for them. This is NOT a comment on TB girls marrying NB boys but a comment on the reality that can mess up a women's life. So I think women of today especially have to be strong and perceptive enough to be unaffected by the forces not conducive to them.

But personally I feel diversity should be maintained and for that reason I am in favor of TB girls marrying within the community.

There is so much scope now for the girls to be brainwashed and believe in something that is not good for them. This is NOT a comment on TB girls marrying NB boys but a comment on the reality that can mess up a women's life. So I think women of today especially have to be strong and perceptive enough to be unaffected by the forces not conducive to them.

But personally I feel diversity should be maintained and for that reason I am in favor of TB girls marrying within the community.
sraavnaji
unfortunatelyy ,the kind of terms the community sets makes the girl turn outside the community for a suitable match meeting their requirements

Dear Renuka,

I thought I would give some clarification on the above. When I said that let man be the aggressor I meant that woman should not try to be aggressive like a man. It does not mean to sit back and accept abuses and insults. An abuse or an insult can be handled in a number of other ways than being aggressive oneself.
But that was not the point I was trying to convey.

I think the crux of the matter is equality. I just wanted to convey that women be not lulled into false sense of equality. I think there is nothing wrong in hearing a perspective from the opposite camp. One can choose to think about it or ignore it.

Dear Renuka,

I thought I would give some clarification on the above. When I said that let man be the aggressor I meant that woman should not try to be aggressive like a man. It does not mean to sit back and accept abuses and insults. An abuse or an insult can be handled in a number of other ways than being aggressive oneself.
But that was not the point I was trying to convey.

I think the crux of the matter is equality. I just wanted to convey that women be not lulled into false sense of equality. I think there is nothing wrong in hearing a perspective from the opposite camp. One can choose to think about it or ignore it.

Dear Sravna,

There is no written rule anyway that a female has to be less aggressive as when compared to a male.
It depends on the situation and the circumstances.

But anyway I do not condone violence for anyone..male or female unless absolutely warranted.

BTW Sravna not every female is looking for equality..we dont mind playing Bimbo from time to time to..after all females can spin a web around a male and trap him like a black widow spider.

You are right that we have to listen to both sides of the camp and the commander of the camp need not always be a male or a female...so its depends who is in charge.

I rather look at someone as a person and not as a male or female and respect his/her ability.

Dear Sravna,

BTW Sravna not every female is looking for equality..we dont mind playing Bimbo from time to time

Yes it is always better to have the best of both worlds, seek to do whatever the male does but be a bimbo when you do not seek to do what the male does. Just Kidding.

Yes it is always better to have the best of both worlds, seek to do whatever the male does but be a bimbo when you do not seek to do what the male does. Just Kidding.

Dear Sravna,

Let me tell you a true story..once I had to stop at a highway petrol station rest room and the female room was occupied by some female who was taking so long.

So since I could not wait any longer and no one was at the mens rest room and I made a quick dash to the male restroom.

Then as I was coming out of the restroom a male was entering and he looked surprised to see me.

Then I asked him " why are you here ?"

Then he said 'its the male restroom"

I then acted like a Bimbo saying "OMG..how dumb of me to have entered the wrong restroom....I was also wondering how come there are urinals in female bathrooms these days"

That guy was confused and gave that look "what a dumb female she is"

But who cares..I got to use the room anyway!LOL

So you see..we can switch to Bimbo mode anytime and get away with it.

Guys can never dream of this stunt!LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back