• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Lessons from Covid-19

renuka

The shutdown I am facing becos of Covid-19 makes everyone spend time mostly indoors (besides those of us in essential services).
The extra time indoors feels like "house arrest" especially when the police and army are outside on guard.

But this gives us time to reflect:

1)The Mighty human has been brought down by a microscopic virus! No matter how much we think of ourselves.

2)Humans better solve all their petty differences of race and religion and political issues.

3)God does NOT need our prayers! God is doing well though all places of worship have been shut down.

4)No matter what our religion or caste or community, the Covid-19 gives two Fs to anyone.

5)Many of those who think they can heal the world by their spirituality are in a wake up call!
They can only hope that science comes up with a cure soon and as humans we can only go back to a moderate lifestyle and prevent disease instead of hoping for a cure.
Astrologers did NOT predict Covid-19 but only now they are going into Rahu Ketu predictions..the fact is none of them got anything on this!

6)Are we the highest up the evolution scale as much as we imagine ourselves to be?

7)But knowing us humans once the pandemic is over..we would be ourselves again.

Though there are many lessons from it, it is highly doubtful whether those lessons are understood by people in correct manner. Like Kanika kapoor, Mary Kom who have not isolated immediately after their return, there are common people too have not isolated themselves with the simple ignorance that in the airport they underwent thermal streaming and negative and hence they are free to move. With the kind of these science ignorants who could not differentiate between corona virus and covid 19 as the virus may spread through them though it did not affect them with covid 19, they may be carriers to others which may affect.

The shutdown I am facing becos of Covid-19 makes everyone spend time mostly indoors (besides those of us in essential services).
The extra time indoors feels like "house arrest" especially when the police and army are outside on guard.

But this gives us time to reflect:

1)The Mighty human has been brought down by a microscopic virus! No matter how much we think of ourselves.

2)Humans better solve all their petty differences of race and religion and political issues.

3)God does NOT need our prayers! God is doing well though all places of worship have been shut down.

4)No matter what our religion or caste or community, the Covid-19 gives two Fs to anyone.

5)Many of those who think they can heal the world by their spirituality are in a wake up call!
They can only hope that science comes up with a cure soon and as humans we can only go back to a moderate lifestyle and prevent disease instead of hoping for a cure.
Astrologers did NOT predict Covid-19 but only now they are going into Rahu Ketu predictions..the fact is none of them got anything on this!

6)Are we the highest up the evolution scale as much as we imagine ourselves to be?

7)But knowing us humans once the pandemic is over..we would be ourselves again.
I hasten to say this an atheist's post.
God never needed our prayers. We pray to Him for OUR welfare .
You would have read many forwards how our brahmin way of living in the past was linked to a healthy life.
I will say scientists finding a cure is also by God's Blessings. Most Scientists are faithful to God. Only those who cannot do anything useful harp on God and our faith.
Our religion says how things happen according to Karma. Many Westerners too believe it nowadays.

though all places of worship have been shut down.

No Madam,

Large crowd at ‘Panguni’ fest despite Covid-19 warning

1584885656125.png

Read more at:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

‘None of Us Have a Fear of Corona’: The Faithful at an Outbreak’s Center
………………………

More than 620 people connected to the four-day conclave have tested positive in Malaysia, prompting the country to seal its borders until the end of the month. Most of the 73 coronavirus cases in Brunei are tied to the gathering, as are 10 cases in Thailand. At least three coronavirus deaths have been linked to the event.

“We talked about religious concepts and our faith in God, not the coronavirus,” said El Matly, a Cambodian seller of used phones who participated in the conclave.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/world/asia/coronavirus-malaysia-muslims-outbreak.html

‘Culture of eating exotic mammals in southern China a time bomb’: Read how paper published 12 years ago predicted Coronavirus pandemic

https://www.opindia.com/2020/03/sci...d-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-2007-details/

When the crisis is human made, why drag God here...?

There are sections who don’t believe in science

There are people who don’t accede to the cautions and warnings made in good faith

And there is no use in blaming others and talking philosophies

It is a man-mad crisis and who are responsible for this crisis and are now paying the penalty.

It is certainly not the time to talks about philosophies, let us come together and fight against the coronavirus pandemic

Let us spread love

Hope......இதுவும் கடந்து போகும்

Last edited:
Muslims in Indonesia divided over Friday prayers amid coronavirus fears

1584886124936.png

DEPOK, Indonesia (Reuters) - While many Muslims in Indonesia’s capital accepted advice to avoid religious gatherings and prayed at home on Friday elsewhere in the world’s most populous Muslim country, people ignored the risk of coronavirus and crowded into their mosques.

A religious gathering in Malaysia late last month attended by some 16,000 people generated about 670 coronavirus cases across the region, including 576 in Malaysia, 61 in Brunei and 22 in Cambodia. At least 13 Indonesians were also infected.

Indonesia has reported 309 cases in all but the figure is rising and medical experts warn the number of infections is likely to be higher. Twenty-five people have died in Indonesia.

But some Muslims trusted in their faith to keep them safe.

“Allah is protecting those who abide by their obligations,” said Aswin Jusar, 76, in the town of Depok, south of Jakarta, as he prepared to attend Friday prayers as usual despite a call from the mayor for religious activities to be suspended.

Read more at:

I hasten to say this an atheist's post.
God never needed our prayers. We pray to Him for OUR welfare .
You would have read many forwards how our brahmin way of living in the past was linked to a healthy life.
I will say scientists finding a cure is also by God's Blessings. Most Scientists are faithful to God. Only those who cannot do anything useful harp on God and our faith.
Our religion says how things happen according to Karma. Many Westerners too believe it nowadays.

Atheist?
I am not an Atheist.
Its not about Brahmin lifestyle or Non Brahmin lifestyle being healthy ..its about moderation no matter who we are.

Tribals who survive on mostly non veg are still healthy becos they do not destroy nature.
Tribes hunt only what they need and they do not strip the earth of its resources.

So moderation is the key in any community.

I wonder what made you think my post is atheistic.

Btw when i wrote about spiritual etc..i meant all the fake ones who claim all sorts of things...my post never mentioned anything of not having faith or denying the greatness of God.

Muslims in Indonesia divided over Friday prayers amid coronavirus fears

View attachment 9320

DEPOK, Indonesia (Reuters) - While many Muslims in Indonesia’s capital accepted advice to avoid religious gatherings and prayed at home on Friday elsewhere in the world’s most populous Muslim country, people ignored the risk of coronavirus and crowded into their mosques.

A religious gathering in Malaysia late last month attended by some 16,000 people generated about 670 coronavirus cases across the region, including 576 in Malaysia, 61 in Brunei and 22 in Cambodia. At least 13 Indonesians were also infected.

Indonesia has reported 309 cases in all but the figure is rising and medical experts warn the number of infections is likely to be higher. Twenty-five people have died in Indonesia.

But some Muslims trusted in their faith to keep them safe.

“Allah is protecting those who abide by their obligations,” said Aswin Jusar, 76, in the town of Depok, south of Jakarta, as he prepared to attend Friday prayers as usual despite a call from the mayor for religious activities to be suspended.

Read more at:
Everything is shut now...we have the army and police on the streets making sure the quarantine is observed.

Latest ads

Back